Major congregational quake in Southern California

by Hecce 182 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Those who love the martyr aspect of being a good JW will feel especially proud and virtuous by traveling 30 miles one way to the meeting.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Londo111 - "...this will go against another one of their 'core doctrines'..."

Since when has that ever stopped them?

• Spiral
    Spiral

@PeteZaHut - back in the day I would have agreed with you, but I'm just not seeing that level of devotion any more.

@Giordano - I agree, it will be a deal breaker, at least if it happened here in the US. Why go so far when there's a church on the corner and a mega church online?

• Spiral
    Spiral

@Hecce - Interesting, because the foreign language congos I know of, at this point, are doing better than the English speaking congregations. But, they sometimes get short shrift at the halls....

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Good piont Giordano, as they close down halls and people have to drive farther how in the hell are they going to get a newly interested one to want to drive so far. It's another death nail in thier coffin.

• Hecce
    Hecce

It looks like this program will be implemented step by step in different areas, some friends in other parts of the City are not aware of these changes.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember several apochryphal stories about meeting attendance

Poor native people walking 60 miles to attend all the meetings on one day and then walking back every weekend....

Crossing crocodile infested waters every week

just to start....I know jws that were shocked when they went to poorer countries and saw what buildings (or not buildings) jws met in, that people walked long distances, etc.

We are so spoiled in the US, Canada, Australia, Europe, etc.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

WT knows there is no growth. They could care less about the older ones. They have taken their literature away from them and strongly suggested they get an IPad. Most of the older ones can't or won't learn to use one. Some can not afford one. All WT cares about is lining their own pockets and now they can do whatever they want. The Kingdom Halls belong to them, they have raped each congregation of their bank accounts and are snug in their new lakeside resort.

The only true statement ever made by a member of WT is..."religion is a snare and a racket."

• Hecce
    Hecce
    The distance between KHs is not that much, however for families without transportation it will be a nightmare. People are used to come to the meetings with just the family in their cars and there is not spirit of "sharing".
  • Hecce
    Hecce

An update

It seems that what is happening is limited to only some circuits, kind of a pilot program. A letter of explanation will be read I think this week and an outline has been provided for a talk on the subject. This is the latest that I have heard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit