Major congregational quake in Southern California

by Hecce 182 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

I just noticed last night that in the area I grew up two hall’s closest to the one I attended are gone along with two maybe three congregations. The remaining congregation was relocated to the hall I attended. I don’t know how many congregations or halls have been eliminated in the greater city area.

In the area I now live, rural area, there’s not much changing that I see other then people being told to attended other congregations no halls being sold yet. I’m thinking that if the halls aren’t worth much or could not be easily sold that the jws are being told to just stay put for now but I’m not sure maybe it’s just this area.

• Hecce
    Hecce

A little bit of an update

Please note that this was initially mentioned three years ago as an unverified rumor; sadly, enough it has proven to be truthful not only on the pilot program but now on a national level. Just a few updates gathered from Southern California here and there:

Many of the brothers affected by the changes are very unhappy, most of them are just complying against their will, a few are adamant and will be going to the Congregation of their choice. The elderly are the ones mostly affected by this situation. Please keep in mind that the letter that was sent to the elders contained the observation that the brothers were the ones making the final decision as to where they were going; this has been kept secret and the elders are pressuring the flock to just follow instructions.

As to the use of the Kingdom Halls, I heard of two situations; one very old and dilapidated KH was emptied, all the congregations were moved to some other Halls and the LCD took over the old KH building and the sizable construction fund that the brothers had for renovations. In this particular case abandoning that KH made all the sense in the world.

In another very desirable neighborhood, a new KH project is under construction. It is the Dunkin Donuts design, and the new place is very close to an excellent double KH, very convenient for the local brothers. About more than ten congregations were involved in this project and the ones assigned to the new facility are mostly not happy at all. In this particular case is very difficult to understand the need other than future commercial profit.

• sir82
    sir82
    Many of the brothers affected by the changes are very unhappy, most of them are just
    complying against their will, a few are adamant and will be going to the Congregation of
    their choice. The elderly are the ones mostly affected by this situation.

Just as I predicted, in various earlier pages of this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit