Major congregational quake in Southern California

by Hecce 182 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I father died broke homeless and destitute same with my mother in law. You can thank the Borg for that. My father in law will also die broke only my mother thanks to worldly money will not. I have a sneaky suspicion that any money she has left over will go to my sister which is fine by me!

All in all I think most jws die the way my father did with no money to give to anyone let alone the cult.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

sir82 its not depressing its good that kingdom halls are closing down,because most of the people who go there would shun most of the people who go on to this website with out a second thought.i can think of loads more people to fell concerend about.And it might wake some people up when they realise how loving warwick is.The local people paid for a kingdom hall and then warwick took it of them and now they have sold it and they have got the money in warwick.That puts the tele evengalists to shame.Lots of christian people have had to cope when their local church has closed down.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "...The WTS is planning to harm their most dependent, vulnerable members, in order to serve Mammon..."

I suspect that at this point, survival (rather than greed) is their primary motivating force.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

but--what do i leave for my 3 kids?

Not sure of the inheritance laws where you are, but where I live as long as a token sum, as little as $1.00 US, is willed to survivors they cannot claim they were left out or forgotten. Then I included a provision that any challenge to the terms of the will were grounds to forfeit all inheritance..

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

In U.K. Any claim that someone was excluded from a Will has to have clear proof that in some way they were dependant on deceased. A simple Family Provisions Statement in Will says that X & Y have been deliberately omitted as they have no right to continued financial supportremoves any right to claim they have been missed in error.

Contesting Will needs to be on basis that Will not properly made, person making will was not competent, Will lacked proper witnesses who must inherit nothing, or that no provision is made for a dependant person in receipt of Support from the will maker prior to their death.

• Hecce
    Hecce

From what I am hearing there is very little written information here in CA. A team of "commissars" is coordinating matters and telling the elders how to proceed. One item of interest is the money aspect, from what I heard the funds from the dissolved congregations are going to "mother" and the friends are coming to the new congregations empty handed; new arrangements will be made with regards to KH contributions.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

This new arrangement from the WT corporation to sell & consolidate should be considered its Death Knell!

Once they start selling KHs out from under the rank and file bad feelings will start to form no matter what type of "encouragement" they give to "adjust' them towards complete acceptance. Once this starts happening it will spread like wild fire further drying up contributions, and slave labor volunteers.

They need to wake up and smell the coffee is all.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

JWdaughter

A good thing to donate to would be a fund to help foster kids when they age out of the system. (My personal pet cause these days)

Jwdaughter I've often agreed with a lot of your posts over time but I've never wanted to like a post as much as this one!!110% Agreed ma'am. A very, very worthy cause.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Thinking about my previous comment, in the good old days when a congregation dissolved or a new one was formed the funds were divided according to the number of publishers. I guess that with the new ceiling in local funds there is no need for that and any money in the closed accounts goes to the Branch.

• flipper
    flipper

Interesting what Hecce says, " the funds from the dissolved congregations are going to " mother " and the friends are coming to the new congregations empty handed ....... "

So NOW we know what WT Society's true motives are. I mean we always knew..... but now we REALLY know. What a scam indeed. Consolidate the congregations and instead of sending any $$$$ to the consolidated congregations- just send it to Bethel for " kingdom interests " . Uh-huh. Hey- WT has to pay for their child abuse lawsuits and blow money with all the former expanding in construction they did in some manner- right ? And how are they gonna pay for the new castle in upstate New York ? Seems we know now. Can't just be satisfied with selling millions of $$$ worth of buildings in Brooklyn- gotta have a game plan. Seems they do indeed. Greedy bastards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit