Major congregational quake in Southern California

by Hecce 182 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The op says the announcement should be 'kept confidential' Lol, on this site?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    As congregations get more spread out and members are shoved in to larger congregations of people

Are not the new model KH's smaller in size, hence they cannot hold large congo's?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I wonder if the upcoming Annual Meeting will introduce a new impetus for shuffling congregations around, selling halls.

It wouldn't surprise me at some point if purportedly to prepare for the Great Tribulation, and “in imitation of first century Christians”, smaller groups of publishers met in private homes. It might be arranged in such a way so as not to make Watchtower liable in a lawsuit the way books studies might have.

• Dagney
    Dagney

The society is a corporation and all decisions, and I mean ALL decisions are made for the continuing existence of the corporation.

It only makes sense for them to do this. Migrating to a less personal and easily accessible format via the internet broadcast, they can consolidate the multitude of locations into a "mega-church" type meeting place. No boxes of literature to handle, fewer qualified men needed to oversee. The individual has never been important to the WT corporation. They will come up with more inventive and easier ways to "count time" to keep their reported numbers up. All they care about is how they look on paper to the clueless faithful. If the ministry numbers remain strong and increasing (through creative accounting), then the changes have jah's blessing.

I live in so cal, Long Beach area. All the congregations, and there are a lot of them, are still functioning. My old hall is in a old former church built in the 1920's. It is smack dab in a neighborhood with stacked parking and limited street parking. It houses English, Spanish and Cambodian congregations. It is a terrible location and the neighbors hate us for taking up the street parking in front of their homes. I think the elders there would welcome an amalgamation of the congregations.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I just posted several documents regarding some KH survey that was conducted not too long ago. See link

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5631603365642240/kh-survey-forms-related-docs

• sir82
    sir82

It wouldn't surprise me at some point if purportedly to prepare for the Great Tribulation, and “in imitation of first century Christians”, smaller groups of publishers met in private homes.

Yeah, and maybe they could even study a publication while they're meeting there!

Oh wait.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "...What if the 2012 WT and the 2016 videos are there to create paranoia and anxiety among JWs, but the real reason for them is just to get JWs to acquiesce to dissolving congregations and drive to more distant KHs?"

Or (taking it a step further) the ultimate transition into - as Barb Anderson put it - a predominantly internet-based "e-religion"?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Londo111 - "It wouldn't surprise me at some point if purportedly to prepare for the Great Tribulation, and 'in imitation of first century Christians', smaller groups of publishers met in private homes..."

Don't you mean basement bunkers? :smirk:

• Dagney
    Dagney

I think they will proceed with caution regarding small groups. It's much safer for them from a corporation standpoint to be more removed when their predictions don't come true. Their track record is terrible.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

While making it a more internet based religion makes sense from a monetary point of view, remember how addicted they are to control. After all, it is a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit