Major congregational quake in Southern California

by Hecce 182 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Dunedain

I wish that your ideas about the reaction of the rank and file were correct, I think that the flock will obey without much hesitation; I was surprised by the transition from the publications to the tablets and to how even the most poorer in the congregations made whatever was needed to get their tablet.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DUNEDAIN:

I would tend to agree with what you say: fewer halls will ultimately mean FEWER Witnesses. This will be the unintended consequence. Unless, of course, this is what they want:..fewer and more hardcore JWs....Who cares?

In the long run, more travel time to distant halls, resentment and tired people will cause this to happen. What about inclement weather in the wintertime? They're crazy if they think people are going to drive at night.

Some may have mentioned that because the Witnesses got used to using tablets, this will mean they will just accept the idea of longer travel times to new distant halls. I'm not so sure. Maybe, initially, a few won't mind and will be real positive but time will wear some out not to mention those already disgusted by all the changes and the religion's neverending appeals for money!

At least I won't be one of the fools driving to these distant halls!

• smiddy
    smiddy

The more changes they make the more they become like Christendoms mega churches , like Joyce Meyer and the likes with the GB members strutting the stage.

• Hecce
    Hecce

I was the one making the comment about the tablets, thinking about it a little bit more; maybe the relocation won't be that simple. I have seen that the rank and file accepts everything that is thrown at them with the exception two years ago of asking the Spanish friends to go to San Diego for the DA. That required going thru the immigration controls and the vast majority decided not to do it and in essence disobeyed "mother".

• Spiral
    Spiral

I know of one area where they rearranged everyone, turns out so they could consolidate and close two halls. (This was not explained in the beginning.) Everyone grumbled but tried to comply. But a few years on, it turns out that a lot of the ones who were most inconvenienced (traffic, bus rides, driving at night) just quit going, at least to the week night meeting. What I think happened (reading between the lines of some emails I received) is that everything got confused and backwards, and some people just quit going and no one noticed.

So, the bOrg better be careful, by turning into a mega church, they might lose a lot of followers. And I do think they care, I don't think they would purposely want to shrink, just because of their egos.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Spiral

Thanks for your input on this thread. What your describing will probably be repeated here, some KHs are left without an Spanish congregation and that will present a major headache for some that don't have transportation. They can't depend on buses because the schedules are very far apart and in some areas they run even less on Sundays.

Time will tell.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So, the bOrg better be careful, . . .

You can be certain that they are being REAL CAREFUL with their investment strategy. They have only one rule now:

Image result for follow the money

• compound complex
    compound complex

YEARS AGO, AT CIRCUIT ASSEMBLIES, there were interviews of faithful married couples with children who complied with Jehovah's loving provisions, despite hardship and inconvenience. Even if another meeting time in another congregation were better for them personally, they went where they were assigned. They told the audience they had made the right choice and were blessed . . .

Oh, well -- it seemed right at the time!

• Giordano
    Giordano

I was talking to my still in sister in law and found out that her congregation in NW Pennsylvania is closing down and the 'friends' will be going about 30 miles one way. This is also happening to the Smithport congregation.

I pioneered in this area way back in the day, it's known for intense winter temperatures and a lot of snow. This is going to seriously impact the older ones.

I also thought how are you going to get any interested ones to travel out of their community to attend meetings.

I think this will be a deal breaker.

• SadElder
    SadElder

They will spin the shrinking numbers as "the love love of the greater number is cooling off", simply another sign of the end times. Head to the bunkers you sluggards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit