Major congregational quake in Southern California

by Hecce 182 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

This past week letters were read out in congos in a central ohio circuit. Consolidation is the new word for progress. Three congos dissolved in this one circuit, ie condolidated. The letter said the org wants halls full, every seat used, no more 50% full. No mention yet of hall sell off.

I heard of 2 other congos dissolved in other parts of ohio in more rural areas.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It's there last and only way to make it look like thier growing is to make the halls full of people. This will probably help to keep less ones from leaving because there's influence in numbers.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I had posted about the avon lake ohio congregation dissolving so that makes at least 6 congos closing in ohio alone.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

That letter is talking out of both sides of it's mouth, isn't it?

It is very exciting to witness the rapid growth of the visible part of Jehovah’s organization.

That part promotes the illusion that there is growth in the organization, and it's what many JWs will hear.

...whether an auditorium could be better utilized by merging congregations

"Merging congregations." This is what's really happening. Wouldn't "rapid growth" mean that more KHs are needed, not fewer, which will be the direct result of merging?

... your congregation will participate directly in an adjustment that will include neighboring congregations.

But the congregation isn't told what the "adjustment" will be, suggesting to those that have their ear to the ground that it will be bad news, but the average JW will think that any adjustment will always come from Jehovah and will be wonderful - until after it happens.

Can you hear the future spin on this? An elder, still promoting the false idea that there is growth in the organization, will be quoted as saying something like "Why within less than one year attendance at our KH has nearly doubled."

It reminds me of the inflated pioneer numbers that were reported after the hourly requirement was lowered to 30 during 1 or 2 spring months and auxiliary pioneering was heavily promoted. (I think it was 30. Some low number close to that.)

Jehovah's Witnesses have always survived on misleading half truth, but now more than ever.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

2 congregations get merged. the spare hall is sold off--and the money goes to the watchtower.

the dubs now sharing the hall soon realise they want their own again. so they start saving towards the building costs. but when the savings exceed $5000...the money has to be handed over to the watchtower as well. cunning plan.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In the country I live in I have heard nothing of this

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Gerrymandering?

Well, hello there.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Evidently(TM) the Holy Spirit was wrong about the need for all those new Kingdom Halls! . . . . . Doc

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

And this is even with all the cut backs they have made these past years as well

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

My brother told me about two congregations south of him in Youngstown, Ohio being dissolved. The South and Central Congregations are done and the elders are being sprinkled around to other congregations. Oh, the growth taking place. Jah is speeding up the work! The surviving local congregations will see more at the meetings. Proof that the end is near.

Sour Grapes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit