Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

There's nothing wrong with Tony having a drink.

And there was nothing wrong with Tony affiliating with the United Nations either.

In fact, that was the most noble thing the Watchtower ever did, affiliating with the UN, agreeing with its principles and its charter, and printing Awake magazine articles that promoted the United Nations and its programmes.

And submitting those articles faithfully to the United Nations Department of Public Information 801 First St. NYC NY for their approval.

Nothing wrong at all.

And the UN business was a nothing event also.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@lastmanstanding.

Just one massive glaring difference. The organization had taken a certain position regarding the UN that made its association hypocritical. On the other hand, their position regarding alcohol does not make Tony’s actions hypocritical.

Unless, of course, the organization’s position has changed since I was active, or perhaps AM has personally condemned buying more than, say, three bottles of liquor at a time?

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

No problem with Tony or anyone else having a drink or two.Problem is the same one as GB pinky rings, tie pins and Rolexs etc. To take a vow of poverty, ask people to donate their spare jewelery, deceased estates and ice-cream money to the world wide "work" and then drop a grand on booze seems a tad hypocritical to me.

Very poor judgment or doesn't give a shit? Don't know. Probably both.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Mustard

The similarities are glaring. But I think you have been away too long to see that,

Your view is somewhat myopic.

Tony has bashed everything and everyone. He may not have bashed his purchase specifically, but he has bashed it in kind.

Do you understand what is meant by the term “spirit of the law”?

So, you say Tony didn’t bash 12 bottles, so his 12 is ok. But he bashed 13...

I stick to my view that you are trolling.

Are you being compensated by the click?

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

didn't take time to read wow 41 pages so far, just gonna capture this episode on my phone and expose his ass just a little more....

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    The similarities are glaring. But I think you have been away too long to see that, Your view is somewhat myopic.

This is not an argument. I can say the same about your views.

Tony has bashed everything and everyone. He may not have bashed his purchase specifically, but he has bashed it in kind.

What do you mean by that specifically? If you mean tight pants, no I don’t buy it as applicable to this. Unless, of course, the principle is that just as he bashed silly things, so can we.

Do you understand what is meant by the term “spirit of the law”?

Yeah. But if you want to claim that sort of thing, you have to make a case with real criteria. If I ask why he violated the spirit of the law and you say, that it clearly implies drunkenness, then fine. But if I provide counter points that reveal it’s a hasty conclusion and then the reason shifts to the cost, it’s a bad sign. If it shifts again, it’s even worse.

So, you say Tony didn’t bash 12 bottles, so his 12 is ok. But he bashed 13...

12, 8, 13, 50... I’ve been asking from the beginning if he condemned purchasing alcohol in a similar context. If he bought 50 bottles, it wouldn’t change the principle.

I stick to my view that you are trolling.

And I stick to my view you are masterbating.

Are you being compensated by the click?

Yeah, actually. AM himself promised me some of that smooth scotch while we try on uber tight 80s band spandex.

• Ralphusthegreat
    Ralphusthegreat

Ok. So it’s a luxury that makes it a scandal. Would it be alright if he bought cheap whiskey? What if he bought $800 worth of iced cream?

These WT trolls are priceless. Anything to defend the Guardians of Doctrine. Maybe they count this as cyber-cart time

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Ralphusthegreat:

Riiiggghht... You’ve posted a total of three times.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Stephen Lett’s financial crisis talk makes so much sense now. When he describes the dire situation watchtower is in, he said more money was going out, than coming in. But instead of saying money going out, he says money flowing out. Money is not a thing that flows like alcohol. Could this wording have been due to the Governing Body doing the math and realizing how expensive all this scotch was going to be for the following year? Maybe using the word flow was to partially stay honest telling a little white lie and an inside joke they could all laugh about when all the money started rolling in to support this expensive booze.

https://youtu.be/9R5xDf61-8I

• Ralphusthegreat
    Ralphusthegreat

"Riiiggghht... You’ve posted a total of three times"

You really showed me, aye?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit