Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Should it be a scandal if a brother wears taylor fit dress pants? Should it be a scandal if a sister wears spandex while jogging outside?
    No, and no.

I don't think it should be, yet Tight Pants Tony has to bring it up in front of 8 million viewers and say how disgusting it is and not appropriate for a Christian to do. Are either of them a sin or wrong? Not at all.
    Right. What’s the point? Oh, wait, I see. So he created crazy restrictions on people in the past, so we are OK to create crazy restrictions for him? Alright, why stop there?He was wearing a silly hat. Perhaps that hat was a bit too homosexual for a member of the GB?

Let's say it's the summer and the Regional Convention is going on. A group of 10 brothers walked into a bar with their convention badges on and asked the bartender for a couple $100 bottles of whiskey and they all enjoyed a glass or two. There is no sin at all in what they are doing, expensive drinks aren't a sin, walking into a bar isn't a sin, doing any of that while you're in town for a convention isn't a sin, but be honest, what would Tony say? Would he say that is completely fine and actually encourage it to give a witness that they are in town for the convention?
    Honestly, no. You are right, he would say that during conventions you should behave like a good little robot. We all know you are on a different set of rules during conventions, you know, to keep up appearances. We know this because of the published positions of the WT. But now, to you, honestly - why do you think this situation is equivalent to your scenario? He wasn’t at a bar, it wasn’t a convention. And if you are going to insist that he should be worried about appearances, be an extra uber-JW because of his position as a GB member, then OK - that’s the principle. These guys really can’t buy alcohol at all.
  • lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Mustard, you are trolling me thinks.

Years back, we had a guy like that, stuck up for the bOrg no matter what.

I am sure that was an xJW just winding people up

and I think you are just winding people up too.

Your position has become quite nonsensical.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@lastmanstanding:

Mustard, you are trolling me thinks.
    Years back, we had a guy like that, stuck up for the bOrg no matter what.
    I am sure that was an xJW just winding people up
    and I think you are just winding people up too.
    Your position has become quite nonsensical.

Are you trolling?

Look, I have no dog in this fight, so-to-speak. If he was being hypocritical, then he was being hypocritical. Why you think I am “going to bat” for the organization is confusing. I am talking about AMIII buying a bunch of expensive scotch.

Why is it a scandal? For a while it was because he bought alcohol, then it turned into expensive alcohol, then just spending a lot of money, then the quantity of alcohol (so many bottles). Or perhaps it is because just being a GB member, someone might get the wrong idea... the arguments are all over the place.

Look, if AMIII had been caught wearing spandex, then you would have something. Why? Because he is famous for telling people not to wear tight pants, and women that wear spandex are horrible women, right? So if he were caught in spandex, clear cut case of hypocrisy. But what about alcohol? The only standard I have seen is drunkenness. Not buying alcohol, not consuming expensive alcohol, or what amount you spend. It’s actually being drunk. If you had caught AM drunk, then yeah, big time issue.

I am not being nonsensical. Rather, just insisting on a rational position.

• lastmanstanding
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@flipper:

That is an interesting question. Is that the real basis for the outrage here: that you picture AMIII coming down hard on you if you were the one buying and he was the one observing?

... even though there is no personal (AM has not come out against this personally) and organization position on this?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@lastmanstanding:

Feel free to get to your emotional circle-jerk.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This event (video) shows and reconfirms that JWS even the top GB members are two faced self righteous hypocrites.

Talk and preach one way, expect others to follow inline, but act in a way that would stumble many assuming faithful and devout ones.

Tony remains me of a PO I once had, he wore hand tailored silk suits, drove around in expensive Cadillacs , then hear him on the podium giving a talk on the evils of materialism .

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Ok, so it’s not the item. It’s not that it was liquor. It’s that it was $800, correct?

If you don’t understand, any further explanations would be in vain.

This isn’t a massive scandal, the JWs are a very insignificant group and TM3 a pathetic insignificant man.

Why worry about losing credibility from a thread like this? Who’s going to lose it? We don’t have any, we are not anything, exJws are less important than current ones.

Those claiming it’s not an issue sound as fanciful as anyone else. This will be an issue to ex jws and hopefully many current.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Where there is smoke there is fire, as the saying goes and AM#3 buy a shopping cart full of expensive whiskey is the smoke, the fire is what him and his mate are doing with this much expensive hooch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G36-s3uztwk

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    MeanMrMustard: Look, I have no dog in this fight...

Hold up folks and show some respect...

Prince (AKA: The Troll MMM) is in the building!🤣🤣🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit