Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I wonder if the liquor store realises the scandal that it has been unwittingly involved in. I mean you just can’t buy this type of advertising, and it didn’t even cost them a cent .

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What about Tony? He condemns anyone that goes to college to enjoy the finer things. He criticizes people that pamper themselves a bit instead of sending the Organization their money. And he condemns JW weddings from having alcohol because with his black and white thinking, everyone will get drunk. ~ Bourne

I think that about sums it up.

Expensive vacations are bad.

Big homes are bad.

Childrens' money "wasted" on ice cream cones is bad.

THIS IS HYPOCRISY AT ITS FINEST!

I can afford $80 or $100 scotch, but I choose not to buy it. But I do not condemn others for how they spend their money (unless it's Government (my) funds) nor am I purchasing my booze with the money others have given to me.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I read through most of the comments on this thread.

Some posters feel this guy deserves a break because he’s doing something ‘normal’ or he may be buying bottles as gifts, etc. and that people are being overly nitpicking and intrusive.. Other posters feel that what he did is the height of hypocrisy.

I feel that IF the JW religion were not excessively intrusive and high controlling about the lives of their followers - and IF they did not have crazy policies against higher education - and IF they did not insist their followers pursue poverty and give give money to the religion ad nauseam (even children’s ice cream money 🙄) and not enjoy life and spend every spare moment they are awake preaching, etc...then MAYBE it is nobody’s damn business if this high profile man spends a fortune in a liquor store.

But, that’s not the case.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Other than this audience, who gives a sht? Who? Is this going to be on 20/20? FoxNews? Is it even going to make it into the DailyMail? Or even blogs beyond the exjw world?

If not, it’s much ado about nothing.

And it’s as cringeworthy and milquetoast as the ridiculous prank call a certain activist did a few years ago.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Jehalapeno

No one will care outside of this audience, agreed. Hell, many in this audience don’t care. I for one though think it’s the ultimate act of hypocrisy. How does a man condemn people for enjoying the finer things in life and encourage all its members to just eek by in life and send all their money to the Organization, while his fat, lazy a$$ can enjoy the finer things in life? I think if any other GB member did this, it wouldn’t get the same attention as top shelf Tony. He deserves this for being such a critical, pompous, judgmental a$$hole.

• Simon
    Simon

For all those arguing that intruding in his private life is "OK" ...

... well done, you just excused the WTS for doing it.

If you genuinely want to condemn something, maybe don't do that thing yourself?

Remind again who's meant to be the hypocrite?

If we don't have the facts, we don't get to judge. Especially as there are numerous legitimate explanations far removed from some of the crap that people are inventing.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Me thinks a letter, something to the effect to all 120,000 (plus or minus) congregations will be sent out very soon:

Re: To All Congregations Of Jehovah's Witnesses

As of April 1, 2019 due to personal reasons beyond his control Anthony Morris III will no longer be serving as a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. We want to thank Brother Morris for his faithful service as a Governing Body member these past 14+ years and wish him the best.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...or something like this:

Re: To All Congregations Of Jehovah's Witnesses

Brother Anthony Morris III has been publicly reproved and is no longer a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Either way...Yay!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

If the GB is like a body of elders, the snakes are ready to set a knife in his back.

G.

• Simon
    Simon
    I can afford $80 or $100 scotch, but I choose not to buy it

I agree, never buy cheap scotch - it's not worth it;

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit