WT's Airplane Damaged -Again- Visiting Another Fishing Lodge

by Gerard 120 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Xena
    Xena

*I* never claimed to be smart now did *I*????

Ya know most likely they were going there fishing... <<<xena

you call that a conviction though? "most likely" seems to lack a bit of conviction in my world anyway...

regardless my issues weren't/aren't with your facts...or whether they may or may not have been fishing..it was with your presention...and the labeling of anyone who draws a different conclusion from yours as an apologist...and put in the catagory of WT attorney for child molestors..and brain dead followers.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    pseudomonas aeruginosa

If you do, you clean it up!

But seriously Gerard, I don't know what that means. I looked it up but the spelling was different in the dictionary, and that definition made no sense with what we were talking about, so I'm confused.

Syrup

• Gerard
    Gerard

Pseudomonas aeruginosa. - an increasingly prevalent opportunistic pathogen.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

And how does it apply to our discussion?

• Hypnotoad
    Hypnotoad

I don't think it is equally likely that the director of the WTBTS had a return visit with one of the two proprietors of a fishing lodge in the middle of Alaska as it is that the director took a vacation to said lodge. While I disagree with Gerard's style I agree with his conclusion, and though I am always looking for more evidence I understand his frustration with those who seem to have no ability to weigh evidence.

• amac
    amac
    I understand his frustration with those who seem to have no ability to weigh evidence.

What evidence? Besides the completely circumstantial stuff? I'm sorry, but quick typing and internet access does not make one an investigator and to come to a conclusion on something like that requires more evidence than this circumstantial jibber jabber. I hope you understand my frustration with those who make judgements based on little evidence.

• amac
    amac
    And how does it apply to our discussion?

It doesn't, he is just trying to counterbalance his bad spelling with big latin words.

• SYN
    SYN

I don't know about you guys, but I feel that the image of the Governing Body members witnessing to a bunch of isolated villagers is really not something you'd expect from them, considering their usual attitude towards doing menial Rank & File jobs like the Ministry etc.

What do you guys think? Doesn't the idea strike you as laughable?

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Again, we are NOT talking about Governing Body members here. Please scroll up a page or two.

Syrup

• jws
    jws

By the way, I wouldn't call that plane very luxurious. It looks like it's got about the room of a minivan. I've flown on my company's corporate jet and it puts this one to shame. If this is what their plane looks like, they could have gone for a lot more luxury.

The facts seem to be that there were high-ranking JWs aboard a plane that had some trouble at an airport near a fishing village.

We don't know why they were there. We don't know whether the pilot is a JW volunteering his time. It may have been a fishing trip, but we don't know who funded the trip. Ever see a coffee cup near an office copier asking people to pay a few cents for personal copies? It's possible that they used the branch office's jet, but somebody paid for expenses. It's not necessarily true that the WTB&TS paid one dime for this.

It would be great to nail them on such things. But other than circumstantial evidence, there doesn't seem to be enough evidence to point the finger and say they were living it up at the expense of WTB&TS donations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit