WT's Airplane Damaged -Again- Visiting Another Fishing Lodge

by Gerard 120 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Didn't the apostle Paul stay at a fishing lodge in Alaska?

The WTS can always explain that the Circuit Overseer uses the plane to attend to the need of his flock out there in the bush. Unfortunately, this is a very plausible explanation.

I HATE when even I can come up with plausible explanations for the WTS!

Don't make me do it again, eh?

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

This is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

In the first place it was not the Society's president that was in the plane in the first incident. Alaska has it's own branch office with it's own Branch Overseer.

Secondly, you would be hard pressed to visit any village or town in Alaska that DIDN'T have a fishing lodge or camp. To assume that they were "visiting another fishing lodge" simply because there was a fishing lodge in the town, makes as much sense as saying that you come to this forum just to look at the banner ads.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

In Alaska, private planes are very common. It is the only way to have access to most of the towns since there are no roads in and out of them. As much as I would like to criticize the WT for owning a plane, in Alaska planes are not considered a luxury but a necessity.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Nathan Natas : The WTS can always explain that the Circuit Overseer uses the plane to attend to the need of his flock out there in the bush. Unfortunately, this is a very plausible explanation.

That doesn't that they need to buy a luxurious aircraft (a simple sesna would be enough) and anyway they could rent it (maybe cheaper if they really do use it only when it is usefull) and again what cost the most (when it is not about luxe and when you by a sesna) on the long term, is the pilot (free for god) and the fuel ... so it not a good reason !

we should add those kind of information on a permanent post to be seen by those who need to see it (maybe add the www link on Victoria Boer Petition ... ) probably lots of things to sell to pay the lawyers instead of victimes for the 3rd time victoria or other victims

And what about that ??? : god doesn't event help to make good investiment ??? !!! Oh I've forget Santan is on the way

has a total of 8 housing units, 6 are abandoned, total population of only 2 Natives. Telida is located on the south side of the Swift Fork (McKinley Fork) of the Kuskokwim River, through which whitefish run through.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

What's next? The society's yacht breaks down outside of Cancun during Spring Break?

CZAR

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    That doesn't that they need to buy a luxurious aircraft (a simple sesna would be enough

You may want to look at the article again... it was simply a Cessna.

Maybe the director in question was on a pleasure trip. Or maybe he was visiting an isolated group of Witnesses. Sorry, folks, but there's no way for us to know.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Euphemism : True I'm sorry ... BUT I'M SO ANGRY about THEM I'm getting blind because of the leather !!!!

Anyway ... I don't care the reason why the leaders at any level need whatever ... cause I know the result of what they are doing
    (At this point no Cessna Needed ... but of course they are not gonna tell ... cause they need it to have some fun !!!)

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Secondly, you would be hard pressed to visit any village or town in Alaska that DIDN'T have a fishing lodge or camp.

The first location was an Inuit village with great salmon fishing; The second location had 2 natives and a fishing lodge. NOTHING ELSE.

Ask yourself again using your God's-given independent thinking: What were they doing there?

• Badger
    Badger

Speakers from the platform on Sundays rile up the crowd with visions of Pat Robertson and the like cavorting around the world in luxury funded by similar investments.

The difference? Robertson brags about wealth. The FDS has put forth a guise of poverty.

If the Governing Body had come out and said that they occasionally do this sort of thing, I wouldn't mind so much. There are brothers serving where the need in greater, alone, getting nothing for it. That's who I sent my money to before. Not to send them on clandestine vacations and to push around Vicki.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    The first location was an Inuit village with great salmon fishing; The second location had 2 natives and a fishing lodge. NOTHING ELSE.

Simply because a location has "great salmon fishing" is not proof that the reason for visiting the location was to fish for salmon. This forum is populated with a host of attractive people. Is that the reason you or I visit? No, and for someone to say, "Gerard and Syrup spend time on JWD and there are a lotta pretty girls there so that must be the reason they frequent the site", is fallacious to say the least. So, at best, your point is moot.

The same applies to the second location. However, perhaps if the flight logs were available it would be possible to see how long the layover was. Longer than it would reasonably take to visit with a couple of villagers? Also it would be interesting to know what the destination was after leaving this village. It wouldn't be likely that they'd fly off to another village while loaded down with fresh fish, would it?

Also, on the subject of the cost of the plane. This plane was purchased at a discounted price and required considerable renovations. This work was performed on a volunteer basis (of course). It is only in excellent shape because of the work of the local dubs. The pilots are dubs so there's no cost there. Flying is a legitimate means of transportation in Alaska and many people, dubs or not, own and operate their own planes. True, a smaller plane could have been purchased, but not for less money. Plus a smaller plane would not carry as many people. If you had the choice to buy a Lincoln or a Valiant, for roughly the same overall cost, what would it be? Well, actually I might choose the Valiant....but you get my point.....lol

Syrup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit