WT's Airplane Damaged -Again- Visiting Another Fishing Lodge

by Gerard 120 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

xjw_b12, runs to make popcorn.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    I spent 7 years in north Manitoba (The Polar Bear Capital of the World), I dealt with Cree Natives and Inuit and got my first solo on a bush plane at age17; I became a mountain pilot at 18. Finaly I got into biological sciences at age 21 and now I own two gliders at the moment. So whenever you wish, I can refresh your mind on the life in the bush, its fauna, and the expense of operating a bussiness twin-engine aircraft NOT designed for dirt runways.

Gerry,

With all due respect, that may be true, but it still doesn't make you an authority on the plane in Alaska, or the way of life there. Without saying more, I can personally vouch for the authenticity of Hornetsnest's account. No, I don't know him. But he talks the talk and walks the walk.

Hey, you know what? I thought this thread was dead.

Syrup

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I can personally vouch for the authenticity of Hornetsnest's account.

Authenticity on his "refueling" excuse to land the Watchtower?s non-bush airplane in Telida?s fishing lodge runway? Or on his Alzheimer?s condition?

OK. Being objective: The FAA reports that "The flight departed Minchumina, Alaska, and was en route to Fairbanks, Alaska, with an intermediate stop at Telida."

If you take a look at a map, you will see that the distance between Minchumia to Fairbanks is about 150 miles and Telida is about 40 miles on the opposite side of Minchumina from Fairbanks.

Why did they plan on flying to Telida?s fishing lodge, some 40 miles in the opposite direction of Fairbanks and risked (in fact crashed) a runway beyond the aircraft?s capability? Fuel you say?

The twin-engine Cessna 402B (B stands for business comfort) is NOT a bush plane and it has a fuel capacity of 102 gallons and a flight range of 1,180 miles.

It could have gone non-stop from Minchumia to Seattle! Your refueling excuse is as pathetic as the WT?s "library card" justification for associating as a NGO with the United Nations.

But keep trying, the case gets stronger.

• mustang
    mustang

The trouble is that Gerard is hung up on Repetition for Emphasis.

This makes for an overBEATen (coined a new word here) And awfully DEAD HORSE.

Let's move on to another line on the TMS counsel sheet.

If you can't find any fresh materiel or have a lack of imagination, I suggest that you have overlooked this one:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/10508/125943/post.ashx#125943

Mustang

adds Surreptitious to the list of sanity checkers

• Gerard
    Gerard

I know this horse is dead. The WT was cought with their pants down and now is scrambling to change the aircraft's registry to Tim Betz. I am just responding to hornestnest's warm letter.

If you can't find any fresh materiel or have a lack of imagination, I suggest that you have overlooked this one:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/10508/125943/post.ashx#125943

I am radio operator -have my own call code- and I am aware of these permits given by the FCC for miccrowave repeaters. Nothing unethical there. Sorry budy, but YOUR material above is a fart in the wind.

• mustang
    mustang

As one GROL to some other operator, so do I (license & call sign).

These items are just as valid as the dead horse you flog.

The WTS does business, a lot of it. If you get some ledgers or other accounting, maybe you can find some level of impropriety.

As you are aware, the airplane is the same as a car or truck in your neighborhood and Alaska. This boils down to a "so what" & "where's the beef?".

So, that amounts to a lot of farting, too.

If someone wants to leave the JW's over such an item, that is actually a good result. The intellectual honesty of the whole thing is suspect, but the result is OK.

But until you get something that is more solid and less questionable, COUNT ON THE QUESTIONS!!!

Mustang

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

more interesting than ever :

the voice of the sanity checkers says "jws=The voice of reason" and moreover they say it here , and feel quiet good about it apparently

... bye guys

• Gerard
    Gerard

Mustang and Surreptitious remind me of the JWs discussing the UN scandal at

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/64976/1003253/post.ashx#1003253

"I KNOW IT IS A LIE! But if it's true, the Watchtower has a very good reason for doing it."

• mustang
    mustang

Gerard,

And we know that they are dishonest, so we quietly leave. Dishonest or not, there is a partial defense for a lot of what they do. They can come up with some justification, whether it is totally secure or not. Beating on those weak points is not any sign that you are right either.

It boils down to the standards of the Legal profession: the "Reasonable Man Test". What would the hypothetical "Reasonable Man" say/do/conclude in this instance?

As JT has demonstrated a few times, explain this to the fellow in the office with you. The reply is: "what? you're ticked off cause they won't talk to you? get over it, the heck with them."

And yes, it doesn't' sound reasonable to anyone else. So, the "RM test" says you are nuts/not reasonable.

But, the "standard RM" doesn't understand the wall that DF'ing does to you, for instance. So, its all relative: you are a "RM" in your own environment, but not in theirs.

Anyway, the basic thing is that here, you are preaching to the choir, Gerard: NONE OF US LIKE WHAT WE SEE.

But come up with something that can't be so easily deflected, for a change. When you do that, you won't get so much criticism.

Mustang

• hornetsnest
    hornetsnest

Hello, frenchbabyface,

LOL on flying around the state! I must warn you though, it is not for the faint of heart! My wife was nearly killed twice!

I wish that I could understand you a little better. That is not a criticism, but an honest desire, as there is much in your words that I think I agree with. I understand that English is not your first language, and thoroughly respect those who can converse fluently in more than one. I've always wanted to do that myself, but was too busy providing a living for my large family to learn.

I think our main differences (if I understand you rightly) is in perspective. It is part of human nature to swing from one extreme to the other. When we find something ugly in someone or something, we tend to reject everything that comes from that source. They end up throwing out the good with the bad! Yet I have found from hard experience that it is just as hard to find someone that is entirely wrong, as it is to find someone who is entirely right. Far better it is to take what you can and build on it.

In this case, yes, there are many within the organization that are very good people, and are doing all they know how to do what is right. Isn't that one of the major laments right here on the board, that of wanting to do all we can to get them out? Other than n aïveté, what really is their sin?

I find too, that this principle goes very high in the Organization, as I have contacts that go very high. There is one thing that is uniform regardless of how high you go, it being that no one is allowed to know what is going on beyond the things that are necessary to know, to accomplish their assignment. They are all kept in the dark. Plus, they, just like the common publishers, are afraid to ask too many questions. Even on the Governing Body themselves, they are fearful and hesitant due to fear of one another. There is one man, Theodore Jaracz, of whom I would richly enjoy flensing that big broad slab of lard he calls an ass. He is the one that has set the tone for this whole mess.

Am I saying that they are guiltless? No. They have a lot to answer for. I pray with all of my heart that I am never responsible for as much bloodguilt and loss of faith as they are. One of the reasons that I am as outspoken as I am is that I recognize the root cause of their failure. It is cowardice. They are more concerned about saving their own mangy hides than they are about Jehovah's good name or the welfare of the Little Sheep. If they had a little more backbone, then Jaracz and crowd wouldn't have a free hand to make everyone miserable, or like Achan, steal things that rightly belong to God, such as all the asinine glory and honor with which they cover themselves.

There is more that I would like to comment on, but it is already

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit