VICKI BOER LETTER CAMPAIGN...QUICK & EASY...PLEASE PARTICIPATE!!!!

by expatbrit 102 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

This letter campaign is designed to convey public outrage at the Watch Tower Society's treatment of Vicki Boer.

It has been designed so that, depending on how many copies you send, you should be able to complete it in 15-30 minutes. Thanks to Scully, there is now no need to go the email route, all the materials you need are now on the web.

The home page for the letter campaign is here: http://hometown.aol.ca/scullyxjw/vb-letters.html

When you go to the home page, all you need to do is follow the step-by-step instructions and click on the links to get the letter, attachments and list of addresses to send the copies to.

You will note that the addresses are for the Watch Tower itself, selected Canadian politicians in Canada and major Canadian newspapers (in fact, the newspapers with the largest circulation). You are of course welcome to send further copies by physical mail or by email to anywhere else you wish. Also, the given addresses are suggestions only. However, please send copies at least to the politicians on the list. They have been chosen for a reason, and this will not be the first time they have received mail upon this subject. The ground is already prepared, so to speak.

In preparing the campaign, the question arose as to people who wish to remain anonymous. This is your choice of course. My feeling is that if you still wish to send letters, use a pen name and the address of a local kingdom hall. You might want to add a line to the letter stating that you have done this to protect yourself from "brutal reprisals under the Watch Tower's savage policy of shunning."

The objective of the campaign, as well as giving Watch Tower notice, is also to try and generate publicity amongst the media and awareness amongst politicians of Vicki's suffering and the Watch Tower's brutality toward an abuse victim. At the very least, a large number of letters will show the Watch Tower leadership that we will NOT stand by silently while they crush and re-victimize those whom they have hurt so badly already!

So please, whereever you live, if you can at all spare the time and the few dollars for the postage, send these letters.

And when you have, please post to this thread so that we can see how many letters are out there. This could be useful in future activity.

Thank you!

Expatbrit

• acsot
    acsot
    In preparing the campaign, the question arose as to people who wish to remain anonymous. This is your choice of course. My feeling is that if you still wish to send letters, use a pen name and the address of a local kingdom hall. You might want to add a line to the letter stating that you have done this to protect yourself from "brutal reprisals under the Watch Tower's savage policy of shunning."

This is a stroke of genius! Thank you. Will keep you posted!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Thanks for the info!!! I'm shooting out emails to local news and TV stations right now!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Perfect!!!! I'll start blitzing tomorrow.

Nina

• Seven
    Seven

Expie,

I'll get them out tomorrow.

seven

• Aztec
    Aztec

I've saved it so that I can go to the library tomorrow and print it out. Thank you Expat and Scully for your time and efforts!

~Aztec

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Just finished putting together 40 of these, for those on the list and other media and political contacts. Will put them in the mail tomorrow.

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• yxl1
    yxl1

printed and posted...I just need to get the addresses of my local congregations

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Great Job Guys, I'm on it right now.

Please keep this post active, by bumping it up all the time.

• Dansk
    Dansk

DOH! My Norton antivirus won't let me open the letter; something about a bad script. I've tried twice to override it, but it won't let me. I don't want to turn the antivirus off for obvious reasons - any suggestions (SERIOUS ONES, PLEASE!),

Dansk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit