VICKI BOER LETTER CAMPAIGN...QUICK & EASY...PLEASE PARTICIPATE!!!!

by expatbrit 102 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Though they may not like what you say, politicians care what you think. Some care only about categories: how many are for this and how many against it? Some care about the details: why are you for or opposed and what do you think are the important issues? Some make it easy for you to contact them: they or their staff will respond to telephone calls, letters and post cards, emails. Some respond to mail but seem to ignore email entirely . Some refuse to provide an email address on their web site.

The best ways to get the attention of any local official is usually by picking up the phone or sending a letter or postcard. There's something about a piece of paper or a voice that takes up some staff time that gets more attention, especially now that so many government offices are flooded by mass-produced email barrages. That is no reason not to use email?politicians always count communications on issues from citizens, whatever their method of transmission. And many of them do take email as seriously as anything else.~The Buffalo Report

This morning, I've had 3 customers in who I know well.

I showed them the information on Vicki & told them what we were doing. I asked if I could send letters and sign their names so they wouldn't have to do the work?

All of them..."Haell yes!" (We're southern rednecks.)

One woman voided a check so that I'd have her & her husband's name & address correctly. Said I could send a set with each name.

I don't mind the stamps - it's a lot less than buying Vicki a meal if she were visiting me - and I would do that....so why not this?

waiting

btw, the quote is compliments of SevenOfNine - she has a thread up with a cazillion addresses. No joke!

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

bttt

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

bttt

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

bttt

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Please keep this post active, by bumping it up all the time.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

BUMP

• shamus
    shamus

btt

thanks again, Skully. You rock!

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Bumpity Bump

• shamus
    shamus

btt

• waiting
    waiting

Though they may not like what you say, politicians care what you think. Some care only about categories: how many are for this and how many against it? Some care about the details: why are you for or opposed and what do you think are the important issues? Some make it easy for you to contact them: they or their staff will respond to telephone calls, letters and post cards, emails. Some respond to mail but seem to ignore email entirely . Some refuse to provide an email address on their web site.

The best ways to get the attention of any local official is usually by picking up the phone or sending a letter or postcard. There's something about a piece of paper or a voice that takes up some staff time that gets more attention, especially now that so many government offices are flooded by mass-produced email barrages. That is no reason not to use email?politicians always count communications on issues from citizens, whatever their method of transmission. And many of them do take email as seriously as anything else.~The Buffalo Report

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit