HARSH FINAL COURT DECISION IN VICKI BOER V. WATCHTOWER TRIAL

by hawkaw 133 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

core, you bring up a very good point! I don't know anything about Canadian law, but maybe something like a trust fund, or, perhaps, a friend who would serve as a trustee (legally "un-connected" to Scott and Vicki...maybe even non-Canadian?) would make it so that they could have access to donated funds (for their own needs) without jeopardizing any financial disclosure requirements, and keep even one red cent from going to that **** WTS.

Craig

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Thanks for the link kenneson!

I just emailed my MP and attached the link:

http://www.recorder.ca/cp/national/030929/n0929181A.html

Also I copied and pasted the press article for him to read.

I also expressed my outrage at the injustice that has been done in the name of God and a religious order.

Feel free to follow suit! Let's get the message in the hands of those who will help Vicki's cause!

ESTEE

• sens
    sens

Ive Emailed The Release to a friend at the herald sun, lets see what happens

• orbison11
    orbison11

i have been able to send this info to many small papers in the british columbia communities.

vicki, there is an organisation in canada, called LEAF,they are a free female lawyer service, but they only take high profile, difficult, cases like yours,

give them a call, i am sure they would be interested

again, like other sentiments, i am so sorry

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I didn't read every post so I don't know if this was even addressed.

My question is why does Vicky have to be limited to Canadian law since the WT is a world wide organization? It seems to me there is a loop-hole that is being missed somewhere with regard to what Vicky can use to her best benefit. It was just a thought but it might be worth looking into.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I've been reading this thread with immense interest and, of course, tremendous sadness at the outcome of Vicki's court case. There's a lot of passion here, but it has to be channelled in the right direction or we're all going to become splintered when our action needs to be united and powerful.

There's a Campaign Forum on this site, but as yet it has been rather muted. I believe now is a good time to do something really BIG to help Vicki (and others in the process) and let the media with all its avenues get hold of it.

Can you imagine the hell that Vicki is going through right now?! She's been raped, Watchtower has acknowledged this and tried to pay her off - and yet she is still the major victim because SHE has to pay IT!! I believe 6,000 people hit this forum and there are other antiWatchtower forums that could be contacted. If we all donated $US10.00 to a fund (not just the Vicki Boer fund as, if this takes off, there could be monies left over to help hit Watchtower further down the line) we should be able to help Vicki in a massive way and get great publicity at the same time. The problem previously, and Watchtower knows this, is that exJWs are s-p-l-i-n-t-e-r-e-d - but when we come togther we can be an immensely powerful force. Trust me, I've been involved in wildlife issues (I'm a wildlife freelance writer) with a small group of players and we managed to get the president - yes THE PRESIDENT - of one African country to step in and overturn a damaging decision. It was a great victory to savour as the wildlife was saved!

I fully realise that not everyone can afford $US10.00 - but any donation, no matter how small, will help. OK, it's now up to everyone here. But to get this to work we need to know the numbers willing to take part. More to the point, Simon needs to know the numbers so that we can get a genuine campaign up and running - because isn't that what a Campaign Forum is for?

I'll open up another thread to see what level of interest there is in this and come back to post the link.

Let's get 'em!

Dansk

Here's the link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/59544/1.ashx

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Her attorney I am sure will appeal the ruling to the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit court in DC. That is the function of the court of appeals is to address wrongs and glean it for inaccuracies before it ever goes to the supreme court. If the appeals process can not come to a proper judgment then it goes to the supreme court. The witness's are just stalling for time, in any event even her own attorney can be sued for malpractice it seems to me for not giving her good legal advice if she would have to pay such out way out judgments.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Singing Man.

Vicki's case is in Canada.

Not the United States of America.

Different country, different laws.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hawkaw,

You have a PM.

Dansk

• Dansk