HARSH FINAL COURT DECISION IN VICKI BOER V. WATCHTOWER TRIAL

by hawkaw 133 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    The Watchtower then made a second offer that I guess was not an "official offer" of 56,000 dollars with an apology to Vicki but it was rejected on advise of her lawyer and also and more importantly on the advise of a pre-trial judge (different than Judge Molloy

Can this grant Vicki a new hearing? Can she say that her lawyers ill-advised her? What about the judge? He too told her not to accept the offer.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't see how a previous offer should have any affect on the appeal... especially if there was a gag order attached.

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

(((((((Vicki, needs_lots)))))))

while i am typing this the song on the radio is "Lean on Me",by Bill Withers....."I just might have a problem that you'll understand...if there is a load that you can't bear..."

This is the first I've heard of your story...(been watching too much Law and Order reruns lately)!

I can't imagine what you must be feeling, but it makes me sick to read your story and about the ruling.

First, I hope you can appeal the decision. and Second, if you do eventually have to pay the b@st@rds!!! I will help in any way I can. Third, I am in New York, and although I've never been too much of a fighter I will try and do what I can to get this to the media here!

You've got a friend in New York
    eisenstein

• wednesday
    wednesday

I do not know what the laws are in canada. but in Texas, she could file for bankruptcy and have her home and most possessions protected. The WTS, will never see a penny then. So they will be forced to pay it themself. If she files chapter 11 i believe, it iwill take away all her debts, except money owned tot the US treasury or student loans.

If there is a link, guys, gals, give it to us. I want to blast that bitch of a judge.( i do not plan on calling her a bitch, but u know how we all feel)

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    The WTS is a powerful social force within Canada, most everybody there has a relative who is a JW and to all intents and purposes a fine and upright citizen. They are a very difficult people group to bring to book in Canada.

Which begs the question, if conditions are so favourable for them there, then why is their headquarters in the US.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The WT won't be able to get the money if she can't afford to pay but they want anyone else to know what will happen if they try and sue them.

Will

• Prisca
    Prisca

Is it possible for Vicki to sue her lawyers for their bad advice?

• shamus
    shamus

UNLOVING HYPOCRITES!

SUE US AND WE'LL GET YOU!

VICKI, I AM GOING TO DO EVERYTHING TO HELP YOU RIGHT NOW! I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO MAIL OUT 500 LETTERS! I AM GOING TO HELP.

(((Vicki)))

I am disgusted beyond words. YOu have friends here that want to help. I don't know you personally that well, but that is besides the point! THIS IS DISGUSTING! How can this happen???

• myself
    myself

(((((((Vicki & Scott)))))) I am so sorry to hear about this, as if you haven't been through enough. Vicki, I admire your courage in trying to help others. I hope an appeal can be made, and with the right amount of public outrage I hope the tables turn.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Vicki needs to sue her lawyer for negligence. Is there a chance he was paid off by the WTS???? It wouldn't surprize me.

Is there a chance Judge Molloy was paid off to find a legal albeit immoral reason to stick it to Vicki?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit