HARSH FINAL COURT DECISION IN VICKI BOER V. WATCHTOWER TRIAL

by hawkaw 133 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I emailed a local TV reporter here in Seattle, and she replied, thanking me for the information. She feels she probably won't get permission to do a story on it because it isn't local, but she is going to try anyway. She asked to try and get her a local connection, meaning Washington State or British Columbia Canada. They need local interest to do the story. I was afraid of that.

All I could think of was Erica Garza, and I thought Erica and Vicki know each other, so I told her about that and about Dateline (she already knows that part) and the Fifth Estate program from out of Canada. That might make a difference.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Also it was on the advise of the pretrial judge not to take the offer. You would have thought that Judge Malloy would have taken that into consideration. Also is this not an admission of guilt on the part of the Watchtower?

The Watchtower then made a second offer that I guess was not an "official offer" of 56,000 dollars with an apology to Vicki but it was rejected on advise of her lawyer and also and more importantly on the advise of a pre-trial judge (different than Judge Molloy) because the Watchtower wanted to "gag" Vicki and her immediate family.

Will

• Panda
    Panda

What do her lawyers tell her to do. They advised against the out of court settlement, they surely should find a way to rectify this situation. Molloy is a wacko judge who has zero understanding of what he/she has done.

How can an out of court settlement be considered in the court case? The case would've been dropped but the recquizate gag order should obviously be untenable for an abuse victim.

Stupid Judge.

Evil WTS lawyers.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Settlement offers cannot be brought out in the court case. Once the judge rules, then they are brought to the attention of the judge in deciding costs.

But as the post that Hawkaw made shows the judge does have discretionary powers that she failed to use.

Uzzah

• minimus
    minimus

I would like to make a comment on this thread. I first read this thread this morning and then saw a number of other threads addressing the same situation. Obviously, I think what has happened here is horrific. It is despicable! I agree that Vicki is being violated once again. I did not post on this subject because I really did not think that I could add any more to what has already been said. For any that might think that I take such a case lightly, I do not. For those of you that expressed a defense for me, as I had not seen the thread that suggested that I didn't care, I appreciate your comments. I am saddened for this poor woman and any others that have gone through this type of abuse. This case only reinforces that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is NOT God's organization. Any group that mistreats the downtrodden like this are condemned in the eyes of God.

• Perry
    Perry

This is an unfortunate turn of events. I have e-mailed local media with the press release here in San Antonio.

There is a silver lining in all this. It can now be conclusively shown that the WT is offering to throw around amounts of $50K or more of the brothers' money in order to shut up the mouths of their victims.

How is that different than bribery?

How many others took the money and shut their mouths?

How many R & F members know that the WT offers people money to shut up? I bet not many. I intend to do my part to change that.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Good evening,

I am very upset to hear of this outcome. This Canadian will definitely be spreading the word. I am sick and tired of what this destructive group gets away with in the name of a god.

There is a silver lining in all this. It can now be conclusively shown that the WT is offering to throw around amounts of $50K or more of the brothers' money in order to shut up the mouths of their victims.

How is that different than bribery?

How many others took the money and shut their mouths?

I was thinking tho that this judge might also be sick and tired of seeing this printing company hide behind the "we can do what we want because we are a very rich religion" defence. If she had ruled that nothing happened, we would hear about it here and maybe a few other boards but that would be it. By ruling the way she did - the court puts on public record what this WT monster has done. There is more outrage, more chance for media attention, hopefully more likelihood of the government, supreme court, or high profile law firm willing to make a stink in the name of human dignity.

That is my hope anyway. I don't want to think that, like a woman scorned or a vindictive asshole, they went for the jugular to prove that nobody messes with the WT mafia.

I hope things take a turn for the better Vicki.

Will P

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

$5000 ? where was this case heard? in small claims court? and then giving the victim costs ? I think this says plenty about the judge?s opinion of the WT and Vicki?s case against them. This judge needs to be educated about WT abuse.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

A case of a double rape!

Guest 77

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Did the original judge who awarded the $5000 realize what the consequences would be?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit