HARSH FINAL COURT DECISION IN VICKI BOER V. WATCHTOWER TRIAL

by hawkaw 133 Replies latest jw friends

• Eric
    Eric

Aww, Bloody hell, Hawkaw!

I was only able to get down to attend one day of the original case last year, but I followed it daily in the papers (due in no small part to your efforts), and found what I could on TV news. I was there just after Vicki's lawyer had lost a JW camp motion to exclude his expert witnesses. Due to some filing omission on his part.

It seems to have gone downhill from there.

Bloody Hell!

Oh Vicki, Vicki, protect yourself! Your story got told, you were right all along! Yes Vicki, you were right all along, no court could negate that! The court itself had to say so!

The rest has been a horrible pissing contest between lawyers, and I am so, so sad that your repesentation basically could do no more than stain his own socks.

Oh Vicki, I am just so sad to hear this news.

Please find a way to be safe and OK.

Love, Eric

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I will not state what I think of the WTS right now

In Canada as in the US we have a Supreme Court. They may be a possibility of further appeal for this case but I will leave that to the legal eagles around here.

Is there a Paypal fund for people to donate money to Vicki? How could that be set up? I have never done it so don't know how this works or if it would help. Anyone interested in finding out? And following through with this idea?

• Satanus
    Satanus

In cases like this, i'm quite sure that her personal belongings like car, house stereo, clothes, etc are protected, even most of her income. So she can just go on owing them 140,000 $ plus interest and penalties for the rest of her life, if it comes to that. But, the way society is turning against religious orgs in canada, england and europe, this judgement might not stand for a long time. With all the new court cases rising against the wt, things will likely change.

SS

• Valis
    Valis

Some links to Ontario newspapers for any of you in the writing mood. I would assume it is not improper for us to write to the press on Vicki's behalf. It would be cool if one of our better writers could give us a press release, or something akin to that so it would be easier/quicker for us to disseminate. Just a thought.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm as outraged as everyone else here....but I'm gonna hold my temper for now, hopefully to see the media take this bull by the horns....I'm for bringing this to the talkshow hosts/hostesses attention, too.....afterward...with enough publicity, maybe there will come from it something that I can do to help this most righteous cause....

Frannie B

• neverthere
    neverthere

First off (((((((((((((((((((((((((((VICKI and SCOTT))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I have a very hard time believing that this could happen, but unfortunatly it did. What I want to know is if the news is going to go into depth on what this kind of judgement means to the VICTIMS of these crimes that choose to sue in order to bring some sense of justice or closure in their lives.

Does Judge Malloy realise the amount of damage she is doing, not only to other victims of crimes such as these but to VICKI and her family. Surely she must realize that this kind of judgement will NOT garner support for her. Unfortunately here in Canada we do not elect our judges.

Once again I will say (((((((((((((((((((Vicki & Scott))))))))))))))))))

We are here for you!!!

Love Diana and clan

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    I strongly suspect Vicki is thinking that she was just raped again.

I hear you Hawkaw! ... and I suspect so too.

Harsh + Watchtower come together in a sentence ... again ... why am I not surprised...?

Like Will Penwell says, "They may be legally right ... not morally." Then ... Since when was the WT a moral organization? It is a book publishing company for Gawd sakes!

The judge stinks. In my humble womanly Libra opinion, since the WT offered compensation, that would seem indicative of their acceptance of responsibility for the atrocities against Vicki Boer. Now because Vicki held out in favour of a more reasonable settlement, I don't understand why suddenly the WT gets absolved of their responsibility in the matter. I think the WT paid someone to "look after the matter" in a most underhanded way.

Vicki deserves better than this ...

((((Hugs to Vicki))))

ESTEE

• Gopher
    Gopher

Frannie,

I'm for bringing this to the talkshow hosts/hostesses attention, too.....

You don't think Oprah Winfrey could make this a really big item on her show, do you?? She's a generous and caring person. (Oh if only.....)

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I'm sooooo sorry (((((Vivki)))))

It must be infuriating dealing with these back stabbing, two faced bastards. The WTS is like a damned monster in a horror movie that just will not die.

The hypocrisy of the WTS printing BS in their WT advising true Christians not taking others to court in case because it would bring dishonor to jehovers name; and then pull this shat; it's just beyond words.

It's un-f*ckin-believable

I'm sorry. I will help in anyway I can to get the word out, FWD an article to other JW's or news reporting venues, even a Paypal account if it can be setup.

We can't let these heartless trolls win this war.

Ya, no doubt about it. It's harsh to say, but the WTS just raped Vicki again.

I hope there really is a firey Hell, because these bastards just strapped themselves to a rocketsled shooting straight to the fiery depths of the Otherworld.

Winston.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Frannie,
    I'm for bringing this to the talkshow hosts/hostesses attention, too.....
    You don't think Oprah Winfrey could make this a really big item on her show, do you?? She's a generous and caring person. (Oh if only.....)

Gopher, yes....but the news media will hafta take up the torch in Vicki's behalf first...and it should probably be done against her attorneys, also (grrrr)....for giving her bad legal counsel.....she's certainly got the evidence in the outcome....but if Oprah sees that this is catching nationwide, if not global attention, then, YES, Oprah will take this under her wing....

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit