What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

this is more jw'ish...

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqyVrJtM7Ik

'Either the thing is true or it isn't if it is true you should believe it and if it isn't you shouldn't and if you can't find out whether it's true or whether it isn't you should suspend judgement.'

'Nobody can prove that there is not between the Earth and Mars a china teapot revolving in an elliptical orbit, but nobody thinks this sufficiently likely to be taken into account in practice. I think the Christian God just as unlikely.'

Bertrand Russell

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good morning Outlaw,

What happens to the people who are not satisfied with the Evidence Presented that God Exists,when YOUR "Time Line" is met?..

What happens to the "Non Believers"?

When those in authority call to God for help over the consequences of the climate crisis, He will respond to abate it. That healing of what has been a potential nemesis will be impressive to everyone - and if that does not convince people, then it is likely that nothing will.

There are and always have been non-believers and non-believers - the latter simply will not "believe" because they don't want to be, as they see it, beholden to a superior authority in the Heavens. The former are sincere in their non-belief. Sincerity is the key.

When God intervenes, all non-believers will remain alive - God will not destroy at the hour of His demonstrating His benevolence to us. As for those who die at Armageddon, it is their unbreakable belligerent attitude which prompts them to fight against the Christ - many will be believers, but just want to be independent anyway.

Attitude is everything. It may seem like a strength, but in truth it just telegraphs weakness.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When God intervenes, all non-believers will remain alive - God will not destroy at the hour of His demonstrating His benevolence to us.....Acts5v29

You`ve already explained that,so your repeating yourself at this point..

As for those who die at Armageddon, it is their unbreakable belligerent attitude which prompts them to fight against the Christ - many will be believers, but just want to be independent anyway.....Acts5v29

Your Dancing around My Question..

When YOUR "Time Line" arrives for Armageddon..And..

Non Believers don`t accept the Evidence Presented,of Gods Existence..

"Is Your God Going to Slaughter Them?"

...............That`s a "Yes or No" Question..

.......Image result for Yes or no

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Acts 6:66:

What happens when humans start colonizing other planets and build sustainable space stations?

Will your flying pasta monster destroy those too?

What happens when humans decide that religion is a racket and a snare, that unhealthy thoughts of doomsday are stiffling the growth of civilization and productive, happy people?

I was reading an article on CNN that showed paintings depicting doomsday biblical scenes 500+ years ago.

The same old bullshit for hundreds of years... god will destroy this... god will do that... you and your ilk are such a worn out broken record that keeps spinning not knowing that its dead and the world has already moved on...

guilt and fear

guilt and fear

yada yada yada

Get a hobby.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good afternoon outlaw,

I apologise for thinking you meant the time of God's intervention rather than the time for Armageddon - the watchtower sees them roughly as the same,so that's what I thought you meant. Anyway...

When YOUR "Time Line" arrives for Armageddon..And..

Non Believers don`t accept the Evidence Presented,of Gods Existence..

"Is Your God Going to Slaughter Them?"

The slaughter at Armageddon is for a specific purpose: to quell the attack against the Christ, not to slaughter those who do not believe in God. Unless you decide to engage in that fight, you can feel confident of surviving Armageddon.

Armageddon is to remove those who are actually fighting against the Christ, not those who do not

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The slaughter at Armageddon is for a specific purpose: to quell the attack against the Christ, not to slaughter those who do not believe in God. Unless you decide to engage in that fight, you can feel confident of surviving Armageddon.

Acts? I think you should read revelation. Armageddon comes for the righteous and the depraved according to my bible

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good afternoon TTWSHF

Revelation 16 tells of the kings of the earth being assembled for the great day, to the place called Har-Mageddon. The actual battle is recorded in 17:14 where they fight the Christ, but because he is in overall authority in the earth he will defeat them. The slaughter is not just because the Heavens want to slaughter someone, but to overcome an active and determined rebellion - not doubters.

This is getting away from my ministry, which does not teach, but I hope this is helpful.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The slaughter at Armageddon is for a specific purpose: to quell the attack against the Christ, not to slaughter those who do not believe in God. Unless you decide to engage in that fight, you can feel confident of surviving Armageddon......Acts5v29

Fair enough..

As a non believer there`s nothing for me to rise up against..

I`m more than happy to let people enjoy their Beliefs/Faith,as long as they aren`t threatening me with it..

.W

Would 'ALL PEOPLE" get the same Pass from your God?..

Such as Gay People..

I can think of more than a few who are good,decent people and contribute to society in a positive way..

Slaughtering them would be criminal..

So my next Question is..

As long as a good and decent person isn`t engaging in a War on God..

Would 'ALL PEOPLE" get the same Pass from your God?..

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good evening Outlaw,

I too can think of and personally know gay people who are far more decent than others who are religious - both gays, and atheists, and quite angry people who are only really angry because they are damaged rather than nasty.

If I might say: you know that religions preach something very different to what our ministry declares and purport to speak on everything - but our ministry just knows about the context surrounding- and the end of- this era, while the reason and purpose for Armageddon is clear simply by removing religions' distortions. Since the ministry is not a religion - more a preaching of a specific message, just as John the Baptist has a specific message - so I would not know how to answer your question of 'ALL PEOPLE' outside of what I've already said: everyone survives God's intervention, and only the rebellious fighters against Christ are killed at Armageddon.

That said: the God I worship sees sincerity and heart - not beliefs, not church membership - also circumstances, and historical damage against us - and life is not about rules, but living. Whatever our foibles (and I have had plenty) I have found there is something better which makes them not really important - or rather, not an issue anymore. If God can do that in people, then everyone has the potential to live very happily without feeling deprived or restrained.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit