What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210
    Formerbrother
    Anyway, what other options are there that follow ALL the bible, not just parts that suit them? Which other option apart fromJWs fullfill Jesus words that this is how you will know my true followers those who have love amung themselves?
    Trying to find an alternative to JW's. After many years, I still can not find any other option that comes as close to ALL the Bible as JWs do.
    If there is an option that I have missed please tell me here, I would like to look into it deeply.

Try the Seventh Day Adventists.

I happened to do this by accident one might say. I had a friend who was physically unable to take herself and I agreed to take her.

I viewed it as when Daniel took that high court official to worship his God. Remember that account in the Bible?

So I would accompany her and since i was a favor it wasnt a complete "waste" of my time or so I thought.

What I found once there was that it felt incredibly similar to being at a book study. If it is that feeling that you are seeking from an organized group - that can be found.

They have similar views about holidays with the BIG difference that they allow families to decide how much how little they will participate rather than tightly controlling herd behavior.

They have their own flawed date (like the JW 1914) but they are not floundering awkwardly with it. They have moved on (unlike JWs).

Here is another biggie! Have you heard of the Blue Zones? Places around the world where people inexplicably naturally live long and healthy?

The SDA are the only religious group that made it into that listing. The ones in Loma Linda Ca. have exceptional demographics.

It is believed to be their diet and strong religious community and outlook.

My experience helping my friend only lasted two months.

I have not attended since.

But I did get a lot to mull over during my brief time there.

The people are strong and full of purpose. They feel they create their religion - not the leadeship dictating it. They view the leadership as there to lead. Very simply.

The people are healthy. Never mind their dietary vicissitudes, they are not on anti depressants or meds of any kind that have to do with depression or anxiety.

The contrast with my local Kingdom Hall was tremendous. All our elders minus one are on medication for mood purposes (versus an illness medication like insulin as an example) ditto the congregation. People are overweight and live for the mid morning MeDonalds run in field service. Or the "Sunday feed the speaker ritual.

So same religious format, similar culture, extremely different measurable results in quality of life.

As a JW I remember we were told how the Jews laws protected them physically as well as spiritually. So why would "Gods People" today be among the most unhealthy emotionally and physically as a group?

If a person with no previous bias were to go to a JW meeting and then go to a SDA meeting and you asked them which group seems to be benefiting the most?

There would be an obvious answer.

That was my casual observation that I didnt go seeking.

What it tells me are that there are religions out there meeting as many needs as the JWs are.

Our problem is we were taught that is not possible and we believed it.

But my eyes dont lie to me and I saw what I saw.

Why dont you look around? See what your eyes tell you minus what you have been taught?

You might be glad you did?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

An alternative that's similar to the Jehovah's witness corporation? Yes, I have one;

North Korea.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Blimey, mate......you need to take a step back. Breathe. Start again. I think the watchtower propaganda techniques have had an effect on you...not meaning to be rude. why not forget religion for a while and look into 'thought reform', 'logical fallacies' and 'propaganda techniques'.

-

So one alternative is just to believe nothing? Dont think about how did life get here by evolution or by creation? Or another way to say what you are suggesting is bury your head in the sand?

I do want to know the truth, but each to his own.

Its interesting that hardly anybody on here has suggested evolution is an alternative.

All the suggested alternatives so far have been another belief in God or a creator.

There still is not one clear alternative that comes closer to the truth from the Bible than JWs.

If there is one clear option that is closer to the bible please post it here and the clear reasons why?

• stillin
    stillin

The Witnesses would like us to believe that they have the only correct understanding of the Bible. Is that really how the highest God in all of the universe would have it? Some hole-in-the-wall religion, tainted by quackery, scandal and highly questionable interpretations gets to control 8 million peoples' every thought and action?

The Organization has become more important than the worship of God. Even if the Bible is God's actual Word, it seems more like this Organization uses it as a cattle prod than as a means to understanding God's thoughts.

There are a lot of things that we, as a race, simply don't know. Why pretend that we do? It makes us feel above-average.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    All the suggested alternatives so far have been another belief in God or a creator.

Not so. I don't believe in god and I'm not currently investigating evolution. And BTW, evolution is not a religion.

If there is one clear option that is closer to the bible please post it here and the clear reasons why?

As far as I'm concerned, all options are irrelevant because the bible is a load of bunk as is the quran and anything else that pretends to be from some magic thing that lives in the sky.

Are you playing with us?

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

Formerbrorher, do you remember these words from a Watchtower? 7/15 page 11.

We also love theorganization that Jehovah uses to teach uswonderful truths. It was Jehovah’s organization that taught us about Jehovah’s name and what it means, his purpose for the earth, what happens to us when we die, and the hope of the resurrection. Do you remember how happy you were when you first learned these and other truths? Then do not allow the lies from false teachers to turn you against the organization that taught you thesetruths.John 6:66-69

Well, my friend, this was one big propaganda lie. See below. Same group.

http://www.scatteredbrethren.org

http://www.focusonthekingdom.org

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Really former brother??

You can not even name ONE good fruit from the JWs and you still try to say JWs do it better than everyone else?

Talk about being brain washed...Jeeesh,

ONE GOOD FRUIT PLEASE.

And a reminder that works are not fruits

• Lieu
    Lieu

An alternative would be actual Christianity. Or simply following the example of Christ in your daily life.

Don't let anyone ask you "where will you go"? There is no "where". The scripture reads "To WHOM would we go" (John 6:68) and of course that "whom" is Jesus.

If you want Christianity then you have to go to and through Christ, not man.

The WTBTS has lied to the majority of its adherents by telling them Jesus isn't their mediator. The GB has placed itself in that seat. Well, if you don't have Jesus as your mediator, then you don't have God. Period.

So.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

One nice alternative is not being pressured at every turn to keep up with this Org.

Now all must go to intelligent devices in order to keep up!!! I can't stand it much longer!!!

DY

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother
    Formerbrorher, do you remember these words from a Watchtower? 7/15 page 11.

We also love theorganization that Jehovah uses to teach uswonderful truths. It was Jehovah’s organization that taught us about Jehovah’s name and what it means, his purpose for the earth, what happens to us when we die, and the hope of the resurrection. Do you remember how happy you were when you first learned these and other truths? Then do not allow the lies from false teachers to turn you against the organization that taught you thesetruths.—John 6:66-69

Well, my friend, this was one big propaganda lie. See below. Same group.

http://www.scatteredbrethren.org

http://www.focusonthekingdom.org

-

Can you give the year that WT quote came from?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit