What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What is the alternative to JWs?

There doesn't have to be an 'alternative', an 'US or THEM'. That's far too bifurcated.

The JWs are not important enough to warrant an 'alternative'.

If by alternative to JW's we're thinking of what other dangerous cult is there.....lots I would imagine.

Forget alternatives and just escape any mind controlling cult.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I mean this in the best way but I keep seeing this heading in the "Latest" section and it annoys me every time. Since it isn't going away anytime soon, I mine as well comment on it.

Why does there have to be an "alternative" to JW? If you feel JW's don't have it, just go and live your life until something comes along that makes sense to you. Hopefully not another cult.

This is my current stance. I don't think JW have it and I am OK not having all the answers right now. Frankly, I don't want the answers and I definitely don't want an alternative. I just want to live my life and enjoy my life the few years I get to spend on this planet.

I've come to conclusion, until someone has a 100% proven answer, without a doubt, no "alternative" or thought is worth my time. I'm staying away from it all. If I die without the answers, without knowing exactly how or why we're here, I'm ok with that. Hey, I'll be dead, what will I know?

Enjoy your life and for the love of God (no pun intended), stay away from any alternatives!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

depressed soul,

Sounds like you are looking for answers. You sound a little depressed.

Could I interest you in a free bible study?

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    depressed soul,
    Sounds like you are looking for answers. You sound a little depressed.
    Could I interest you in a free bible study?

You know, now that you mentioned it, I have always wondered what does the bible really teach. Do you know of anything that could help me with that?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The alternative to the JWS would be education and knowledge and the repulsion of thinking an imaginary God is going correct the perils that humanity suffers and endures.

One of the destructive things the JW religion does is diminish that asset of knowledge and education, it makes and influences the position that humanity doesn't need education , that the god of the ancient Hebrews once envisioned through mostly human ignorance is going to come around and cure the problems that humanity has to endure within are living experience.

This is where the ideological concept of humanism creates advantageous appeal for all humanity.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    The alternative...The Way, The Truth and The Life.
  • Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

So to sum up, there is not a clear alternative to JWs?

If Jehovah is not the true God then there is no truth?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Formerbrother37 minutes agoSo to sum up, there is not a clear alternative to JWs?
    If Jehovah is not the true God then there is no truth?

Facts, proven theory and empirical evidence support whether something is true or not. Jehovah or any other Dog has got nothing to do with what is true. What is true, is that the GB have passed despicable laws in Jehovah's name.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    FB - If Jehovah is not the true God then there is no truth?

That's for each individual to figure out, not for 7 men in Brooklyn to force you to believe.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Alternative to JWs...

Not having to get up on a Sunday morning and sitting for two hours getting bored but rather, having a nice lie-in.

Not having to get up on a Saturday to knock on the doors of people I don't know or standing bored out of my mind next to a trolley, Rather going out for the day and having fun.

Not having to rush around like a headless chicken, making sure the dinner is ready on time and I'm ready for the midweek meeting and sitting for two hours getting bored again. Rather relaxing in front of the TV with a nice glass of wine.

Not having to go to endless assemblies. Rather I can have another fun weekend.

To sum up... what is the alternative to JWs? Having fun and enjoying life!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit