What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

If not JWs then who else comes closest?

• blondie
    blondie

Some come close, do I want a strawberry that is 3/4 rotten rather than completely?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Formerbrother
    If not JWs then who else comes closest?

That's for you to decide and not rely on someone else to tell you.

Personally, I see religion as all a big scam and delusion.

I started from a different stance to simply accepting a certain holy book because it was the staple of my country. I am satisfied that the bible is not inspired by any deity, neither is the koran or any other book.

If there was anything religiously that is true or at least close, it would be obvious. That it isn't speaks volumes.

Having said that, you need to make your own mind up Bruv

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

There is no "truth" with regards to religion, especially bible-based religion.

Just live your life and do good things for others. Karma is your friend.

• S K Ditta
    S K Ditta
    at least Im thinking for myself.

Not least at all!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Lets look at THE FACTS shall we?

1. The bible is a collection of 66 books that "made it". There were many other books that didnt make it. So of course the bible is going to agree with itself if you remove the books that contradict it (even though there are still contradictions if you look for them).

2. From what i read, Jesus didn't start a religion, nor did he shun those who decided to leave. He gave people a method of living and his take on God, forgiveness and love. Something we can all emulate regardless of religion.

3. If the bible is "your book" and Jesus is your model then you dont need anyone else. That's it. If someone compels you into something or tries to change your way of thinking you need to flip open your bible and decided for yourself with you "bible trained conscience" if your understanding of the bible and it's message is correct. No other person or book is to be used to change your beliefs.

But then, im an atheist now so it may as well me Lord Of The Rings as far as im concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit