What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

If I might say: you know that religions preach something very different to what our ministry declares

Ah, so you do have followers. I thought so.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29
    That does not say we have followers - but for the record, we don't.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So I would not know how to answer your question of 'ALL PEOPLE' outside of what I've already said:.....Acts5v29

Well I`d say that`s a pretty important question,so I`d like to pursue it just a little more..

If your God is going to slaughter good and decent people..

Other good and decent people who wouldn`t normally oppose your God/Beliefs/Faith..

Would have very good reason to be in opposition..

That said: the God I worship sees sincerity and heart - not beliefs, not church membership - also circumstances, and historical damage against us - and life is not about rules, but living. Whatever our foibles (and I have had plenty) I have found there is something better which makes them not really important - or rather, not an issue anymore. If God can do that in people, then everyone has the potential to live very happily without feeling deprived or restrained..... Acts5v29

Your taking the long way around the Barn.....LOL!!.....I know there`s an answer in there somewhere..

There are Good and Decent People who are not going to live their lives,according to the Bible,a Faith or Religion..

They are not in opposition you enjoying your faith/beliefs or your God..

Is your God going to give them a Pass?..

We Know The WatchTower God Won`t.....Uh-Uh!.... Ain`t Gonna Happen!..

................Kill Them All!! ..

..........Save The Eyeballs For....................... Fruity Drinks with Little Umbrellas!..

Image result for Angry God..........Image result for Fruity Drinks with Little Umbrellas!..

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good morning Outlaw,

you're asking about beyond the rescue and beyond Armageddon, yes?

We can be trusting of people - become conned now and then, go home and weep a little and carry on the next day a little wiser - or we can distrust everyone and so never be conned; but it is less painful to be conned once or twice by others than to con ourselves every day with paranoia, and everyone around us will see the damage. We have all had questions like yours - I certainly did - but they just prevented me from looking either ahead or around me properly.

You can answer your question yourself, with a little thought... would you like to try?

God could have prevented Mankind from usurping His authority over the earth, but instead let us learn for ourselves that we would bring about our own demise. Well we're learning that, if reluctantly, and He will intervene; it will be hard to imagine how anyone could disbelieve in Him when they see that, or could feel that He is not benevolent. That kind of experience changes people - whatever their demeanour, whatever their distrust beforehand.

His rescue of us marks the start of the return to what the earth should always have been - it has to reach its fruition, because like it or not we do not own the earth: it is His - see the Prodigal Son illustration. It will not be filled with reluctance, nor frightened people as at church, but with people cared for by their Father Who - cruelly - has been deprived of that role since we took independence from Him. Armageddon come because those who will want independence will fight implacably to take everything, which is the nature of independence: it does not settle for what it has.

But others - you mention both gays, those who do not feel much for God, and so on - are bound to be influenced by the benevolence of those years; don't we all draw close to things which are good for us? Besides, is someone just gay, or are they a many-facetted person who expresses some of their love in that way toward some people? Do you know how many people have left interests behind because they find something better? - not through injury, or demand, or censure, but because they find and choose something which moves them forward? Sexuality is one thing, being an artist another, being a novelist, or a teacher - and I loved to teach, but do not now - when we find something better, then that becomes our foremost defining characteristic.

When we look ahead for answers - asking a God we do not believe in to have shown a perfect plan - it helps to consider how some of His more imminent actions will affect us first, before postulating on those far ahead. We might just have a clearer view that way.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

playing guitar with a WARWICK strap

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Playing guitar with a WARWICK strap around my neck :

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You can answer your question yourself, with a little thought... would you like to try?.....Acts5v29

Actually I can`t answer because they are your beliefs..

I`m trying to find out what those beliefs are..LOL!!..

Do you know how many people have left interests behind because they find something better? - not through injury, or demand, or censure, but because they find and choose something which moves them forward? Sexuality is one thing, being an artist another, being a novelist, or a teacher - and I loved to teach, but do not now - when we find something better, then that becomes our foremost defining characteristic.....Acts5v29

That still doesn`t answer my question..But..I think I still may be able to get one out of you..LOL!!..

I have hope for you!..LOL!!..

Are good,decent people going to be able to live their lives in peace,without fear of being slaughtered by your God?..

They may or may not come to the conclusions you suggest..

They may never change their beliefs or the way they live their lives..

They have nothing against you,your beliefs/faith/God,unless you were to threaten them with it..

Is your God going to give them a "Pass from Slaughter"?..

At this point I think I`ve made myself pretty clear..And..It is a "Yes or No" Question..

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

Acts 5v27

Revelation 16 tells of the kings of the earth being assembled for the great day, to the place called Har-Mageddon. The actual battle is recorded in 17:14 where they fight the Christ, but because he is in overall authority in the earth he will defeat them. The slaughter is not just because the Heavens want to slaughter someone, but to overcome an active and determined rebellion - not doubters.

I looked up the reference Rev 17v14. Armageddon seems to involve 10 kings. Who are the 10 kings?

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good evening Outlaw,

Actually I can`t answer because they are your beliefs..

in truth, I rarely give any thought to my own beliefs anymore - they don't matter to me. But let's keep going...

Are good,decent people going to be able to live their lives in peace,without fear of being slaughtered by your God?..

They may or may not come to the conclusions you suggest..

They may never change their beliefs or the way they live their lives..

They have nothing against you,your beliefs/faith/God,unless you were to threaten them with it..

You've answered your own question, I think.... unless you threaten them with it - but in reverse. Our independence leads us to our own demise... the rescue is to begin our recovery with active Divine guidance, leading to us being guided by our Heavenly Father... the earth is not ours, but Gods... How much of the earth will people want to keep for themselves? and with how many variants, knowing that independence leads to ruin? Who will ultimately threaten whom? Armageddon will have come because those who follow the Christ's guidance were too much for the rebels, and they will become aggressive - their slaughter will be due to the same reason as the dispute: an entrenched refusal to avoid the fight - doesn't that tell you something?

If God wanted to take over by force, He could have done that at any time in history - but that is not His way. Who, therefore, will threaten whom? There is your answer, but are you really happy with it?

Instead of long-term hypotheticals - the mentality of "we'll drop the bomb one day, so we may as well jump off a bridge now and avoid radiation sickness" - why not consider what effect God's benevolence will have on people, as to how it changes the likelihood of "the bomb being dropped"? It helps us to consider things in a much clearer, less goal-oriented way - and see what other routes will be available as a result. It would be a shame for all that influence to be ignored, when it will be so very relevant to many.

sincere best wishes,

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good evening Carol

Revelation 16 tells of the kings of the earth being assembled for the great day, to the place called Har-Mageddon. The actual battle is recorded in 17:14 where they fight the Christ, but because he is in overall authority in the earth he will defeat them. The slaughter is not just because the Heavens want to slaughter someone, but to overcome an active and determined rebellion - not doubters.

I looked up the reference Rev 17v14. Armageddon seems to involve 10 kings. Who are the 10 kings?

Revelation is quite straightforward in its meaning, once we recognise the theme of the Bible and that the earthly events of the vision have not yet begun - but the identity of the parties is something else.

The ten kings may well be ten specific kings, but since chapter 16 speaks of "all the kings of the earth", likely it means all of them. Since this happens after God's intervention, which has not yet happened, it must refer to kings who - during Christ's reign - still wish to maintain power and authority.

To be honest, I am not permitted to teach, and this is quite distant from my ministry, but I hope it's food for thought.

best wishes,

Acts5v29

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit