What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal
    You cant just say logic or the Bible, or Jesus, OK all these things are good, so if not JWs then which option is nearest to these things?

I did not read all 46 pages but I can offer a few suggestions based on a few questions. My apologies for repeating anything.

Do you still prefer Arian Christology over Trinitarian Christology? If so then there may not be too many options since most Protestant churches are largely Trinitarian. I would seek out former witnesses who are Christian. There are some splinter groups from the witnesses. Two that come to mind are The Lord's Witnesses and The International Bible Students Association (yes the original Russelite bible students).

The Christadelphians also believe similar to the witnesses and some even believe that the witnesses stole a lot their theology from them.

Of course, good luck finding these groups locally since the religions are very small but look into them to see if they match your beliefs and values.

Religious affiliation is really about seeking others with similar values and beliefs to your own. There is no absolute truth in terms of religious beliefs.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Perhaps you would get the answer you seek if you were less narrow and dogmatic in your definition of "truth". Or better yet, come to grips with the fact that such a thing as 'absolute spiritual truth' doesn't actually exist, and any organization claiming to have it might be, shall we say, full of shit.

Just my two cents.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = The Truth , which may come in through honesty, knowledge, intelligence and integrity.

There's little to be found through the Watchtower Corporation.

Religion is formulated by lies, ignorance and deceptions, its just that some have more than the others.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I looked at some of your previous posts and you don't seem too interested in seeking this altrrnative. If you're so convinced that the JWs are most correct then why bother looking?

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Anyone who writes what 'formerbrother' wrote is NOT ready for "the truth".

Does this statement make anyone angry? Probably. And why? Because it's "the truth" and "the truth" stings.

I am not condemning formerbrother. On the contrary, as he wrote his innermost feelings.

That, however, changes nothing. He has not had enough poison in his belly. He needs to go back for more. Only when he has had enough, when he vomits up Watchtower like the putrid bile that it is, then he can possibly embrace "the truth."

Jesus said "I am the way". Watchtower does not have Jesus in its back pocket. Why would anyone feel the need to go there to get Him? Watchtower has betrayed Him, and formerbrother sill looks to them like many a person, beaten by an abusive mate, goes back for yet more abuse. It happens all to often.

Where to go? Jesus said that our situation would be like "wheat among weeds", and 'formerbrother' needs to start accepting what Jesus said, or go back to Watchtower for more poison.

A newly born Christian, having vacated Watchtowerland, accepts his/her lot. We are in a world alone, like a few tiny wheat stocks in a field of weeds. Jesus said "where two or more are gathered together, there I am also". Jesus did NOT raise expectations for large groups of Christians. He was quite modest in what He instructed us to expect.

I personally have a few family members and a few former JWs in my "two or more". That is enough. Because Jesus is enough.

Formerbrother... when will Jesus be enough for you?

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

So it seems there is not one clear alternative, if there was one then it should be obvious.

Leave the Borg and then just wonder alone, or am I missing something?

Is there Gods true worshipers on Earth today as Jesus said there would be? If they are not JWs then who are they?

• DJS
    DJS

FB,

No, you aren't missing something. You are missing everything. I repeat. Troll alert. FB is here to preach; he doesn't care about facts and evidence and will dismiss any presented.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

sounds like the wheat and the tares

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Haha Former Brother- You still follow a religion without fruit

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    So it seems there is not one clear alternative, if there was one then it should be obvious.
    Leave the LDS Church and then just wonder alone, or am I missing something?
    Is there Gods true worshipers on Earth today as Jesus said there would be? If they are not Mormons then who are they?

You realize apologists from other religions ask the same questions?

Would that mean their religions are also the one true religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit