What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29
    There's this lingering feeling in many, though, that to do so would be short-sighted, that they would be to throw out the baby with the bathwater - that God isn't at fault ( infact is very precious and there for them ) but some horrible poison has corrupted His reputation.

If nobody understands what it is he wants or who he is, how is that NOT gods fault? How is he precious and there for anyone? I earnestly prayed to God for thirty years, and got nothing back, so how was God there for me?

If God is all powerful, his reputation is entirely in his control. He is either not all powerful, therefore not God, or he doesn't exist. I violate for doesn't exist.

I think the notion "what God wants" is part of the problem - religions preach that God wants this and God wants that, but He has made perfectly clear what the issue is - only nobody likes it. That same issue is the reason why He cannot intervene - even after 30 years' of prayer - for us individually, but again: nobody likes the reason why. As for God's omnipotence meaning that He can do what He likes and everything is in His control... again the same issue answers this, and again... nobody likes it.

I understand your feelings, but can you perceive how many of them are due to what religions have said to you? Blame those who form the religions - blame centuries of bad direction also - but in all honesty God is completely separate from them.

I can show you if you like why God cannot intervene, why His omnipotence is not enough to let Him do whatever He wants, and what that issue is - none of which involves belief or religion. If you want, PM me - if you don't like what I show you, then that's alright too - but if you can understand how something so simple can explain your points, then I assure you that you will lose all kinds of concerns over God and the future.

sincerely,

Acts5v29

• cofty
    cofty
    I can show you if you like why God cannot intervene, why His omnipotence is not enough to let Him do whatever He wants, and what that issue is - none of which involves belief or religion. If you want, PM me

You have the answer to the biggest question in theology - share it here please!

• Alive!
    Alive!
    Yes - please share.
  • Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

I can show you if you like why God cannot intervene, why His omnipotence is not enough to let Him do whatever He wants, and what that issue is - none of which involves belief or religion. If you want, PM me

You have the answer to the biggest question in theology - share it here please!

The answer is best given in two parts - and I can assure you that although it refers to Bible incidents, credence in it does not require belief in God.

Firstly the issue:

The 1st prophecy in the scriptures is Genesis 2:17 where God essentially warned the first humans:

"if you go independent of Me, it will bring about your demise"

The proof of that is in two parts: the climate crisis is already far along the way to proving that civilisation cannot survive without help, and God's intervention will give proof that He can provide it.

Given that this 1st prophecy far predates the climate crisis, and given that we are rapidly running out of options, is it not reasonable to give a measure of credence in the pairing of the two?

Second is supplemental:

the issue has nothing to do with belief, nor doctrines, nor religion - it is concerned with authority. God had authority over the earth, and Mankind usurped it - this is the Prodigal Son aspect to it. Each nation has its share of authority - over its own territory, sphere of governance, and population. The heads of state and heads of government therefore hold the entire earth's authority - these are the ones who must call to God for help concerning the adverse effects of the nemesis climate crisis. Once they do that, then the earth's entire authority will have been submitted to God, and then He will have active authority in the earth again.

A consequence is that when the Prodigal Son returns and God intervenes, He will save everyone alive - whether good, bad, believer or non-believer - and the world will have crossed a line, a turning point back toward the way the world should always have been. People will - of course - have the choice whether to follow the evident benevolent Divine authority or to reject it, but it will lead us back to that Eden-like state of God's protection and active guidance.

God intends to catch everyone alive - there is no "one-true-religion". Were God to intervene on some matter now, it would favour a person, a people, a country, a race, a religion, ... something. But the issue is none of these - the issue is one of authority. Likewise the challenge laid down by the adversary has to be proved properly, otherwise that one could claim that God had cheated on the issue - so God cannot intervene until that entire authority has called to Him.

Finally, regarding God's power as a solution... using it would not prove the issue - how would creation feel about a show of strength to blast away a contention? It was force - by the adversary - which caused the issue, but it will be settled by God's waiting for us to realise that we need help - we need to learn. That intransigence on our part is what has ensured that God cannot intervene.

You can imagine, religions hate this - because it is kind, reasonable, simple, has no carrot or stick, no force to keep people under control. In contrast, some atheists can see the reason - most of whom remain atheist, of course, but that can see the reason. The point is: this issue always had to be the way - it appeals to our need, it is patient in waiting for us to learn, it only needs us to look out of the window at the climate crisis and see that we need help, it has nothing to do with faith or beliefs or religion... it simply asks people, given that we are running out of options, to give a measure of credence to something which points to an exit in a burning building.

You can find this in a short PDF text - free, without any registration - at www.worshipJehovah.org/divineRescue

(not associated with any religion)

• cofty
    cofty

I have downloaded a copy of your document and promise to have a read.

You seem to be very focussed on climate change and - like the Watchtower - on a return to an Edenic condition.

Does the fact that there never was an Eden and that humans did not fall from perfection trouble your theology at all?

• cofty
    cofty

Your Bibliography is interesting...

• The Holy Scriptures
    • The Vanishing Face of Gaia— James Lovelock (Penguin Books, London 2010)
    • An Inconvenient Truth— Al Gore (Bloomsbury, London 2005)
    • Global Warning: A Horizon Special— BBC Television Documentary
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

God does not need us to believe in Him for His purpose to come to fruition, which would beg the question what that purpose is.

The existence of a god is an unfalsifiable claim, since proponents of the concept claim that such a deity is a 'spirit' (whatever that means) that is separate in some undefined way to the natural universe. And that is a separate broader issue to then having to establish the existence of the god as represented in the Bible.

Any claim about what the biblical god 'wants' or 'needs' without first providing evidence that the god of the Bible exists is nothing more than philosophical speculation.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

I have downloaded a copy of your document and promise to have a read.

You seem to be very focussed on climate change and - like the Watchtower - on a return to an Edenic condition.

Does the fact that there never was an Eden and that humans did not fall from perfection trouble your theology at all?

Good afternoon coffy,
    worshipJehovah.org is not "green" - that just happens to be a catalyst to God's purpose. Professor Lovelock is a brilliant man, but neither he nor we are concerned with the "new age" Gaia which grew around it. Our ministry has been to show a reason for things based on two things: the 1st prophecy, and the climate crisis - and invite people to see that it is reasonable, whether believers or not, to give credence to solutions given that we are running out of those born out of our self-reliance.
    If people do not believe in the Edenic account - and I know there are plenty who don't - that is up to them, and I don't try to dissuade them. What we place before them boiled down to its basics, is the two issues I mentioned, enough for some total non-believers to give a measure of credence, and that is all we ask.
    As for those who do have a faith, they are the ones who wonder about God's inactivity and how a God came leave truth hidden within a Babel of religions and then slaughter those who don't find it - well, this ministry predates Christianity with its beliefs, and Judaism and its traditions, and pretty much everything else. SHowing that God has our era of independence has a context helps to remove credence in the "believe this or God will kill you" preaching, which is as much as we can hope for.
    In the end, God will provide the rescue and these questions will be set aside - this ministry is to take away the fears that have and will continue to grow until He intervenes.

• cofty
    cofty

Your entire theology is predicated on the myth that there once was an Edenic paradise and a perfect human pair.

There wasn't.

Humans evolved from non-human ancestors over millions of years.

Therefore your ideas fail before you have even began.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

In that case, as the climate crisis continues, perhaps you will wonder where we will get help from - but what is certain is that it will continue.

If one were to ask a Jew, they would not say they have a belief in God, or faith - God is part of their history. There will always be people who demand proof - to their own satisfaction - before considering anything, but that cannot be satisfied. Professor Lovelock spent 40 years trying to induce credence in his Gaia theory before it was accepted - what could he see that they could not?...

In our ministry we do not ask for belief, we ask that those who see the reason give a measure of credence - 50%, 5%, 1% - because this is the context surrounding the climate crisis, and the explanation for why the God Whom you do not believe in has been silent. What could James Lovelock see - what can believers, Jews, Christians, lovers of God see - that others cannot? Their credence enables them to look, because the alternative - the intransigence - is what halts us, and is also what is bringing our era of independence to its demise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit