What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• theliberator
    theliberator

Part of keeping people captive to this evil machine, was telling us that they were the only ones who taught God's name, the kingdom, God's purpose for the earth, etc. Note this quote: "We also love the organization that Jehovah uses to teach us wonderful truths. It was Jehovah’s organization that taught us about Jehovah’s name and what it means, his purpose for the earth, what happens to us when we die, and the hope of the resurrection. Do you remember how happy you were when you first learned these and other truths? Then do not allow the lies from false teachers to turn you against the organization that taught you these truths."— Wt. 11/15 p.11

We all know that JW doctrine changes like the wind. So are they saying here that we should remain captive because of these few things? Clearly they want you to believe that there is no other place to go, and no one else teaches similar things. However, since leaving, I have met up with a church. We don't have a church building to meet in. Rather, we meet at places like conference halls. About 20-30 people meet. There is no governing body or one man directing. It operates more like a cooperative family. Even the one taking the lead asks me for suggestions, and I have only been there a few months. I have met several EXJw's. In my area, it is known as the scattered brethren. It actually is a group associated with the Restoration Fellowship. They are truly scattered throughout the world. It is not high control at all. We are bound by ten or so basic beliefs. All other things are conscience matters. Such as celebrating Christmas. One of the main reasons for meeting, is so I can form new friends. Currently I feel like a prisoner in my own house. I feel having this in common, will make it so much easier to accomplish that. But here is a list of the basic beliefs. Clearly you can see the Watchtower lies to the people, Having you think that no one knows these "wonderful truths".

1. God is only one “person”, not a trinity of persons. He is the Father, the Creator, and has His own personal name, Yahweh. He is repeatedly called the Father and God of the lord Jesus Christ.

2. Jesus the Christ (Messiah, or Anointed One) is the Son of God, not God the Son. Jesus has a God, just like we do. Jesus is our Savior, soon coming King, High Priest, and unique human agent of the One God. According to the Bible, he was miraculously begotten and has been raised from the dead to a position at the right hand of God.

3. The holy spirit is not a person. It is the operational power and presence of God on earth and in the believer of the biblical Jesus, his Father, and the gospel of the coming Kingdom.

4. The gospel concerns the coming Kingdom of God to this erth at the hands of the Messiah Jesus, through whom we have forgiveness of sins and the establishment of the New Covenant through his blood. We are to believe the good news, repent of leading a life based on unbelief, and show fruits indicative of that repentance. When Jesus returns he will resurrect the faithful saints to immortality in the Kingdom of God...the new heavens and the new earth to be established at the end of the current age.

5. According to the Bible, when people die they do not go immediately to heaven, nor to a place of eternal punishing called “hell”. Instead, all except Jesus are currently sound asleep in their graves. When Jesus returns he will raise the faithful dead from their sleep at which time they will be changed from their current carbon-based substance into human beings with “glorified” bodies. Then the rest of the dead will be raised after the initial 1,000 years of the Kingdom of God on earth are completed.

6. Old covenant laws, including laws pertaining to clean and unclean foods and certain holy days, are not prerequisites of fellowship or salvation in the New Covenant Church of God.

7. In the future visible return of Jesus Christ to raise to life the faithful dead (1 Cor. 15:23), establish the millennial Kingdom on earth (Rev. 20:1-6, etc.) and bring about the restoration of the earth promised by the prophets (Acts 1:6; 3:21; 26:6, 7).

8. In the existence of supernatural, cosmic evil headed by (the) Satan (Matt. 12:26) or Devil, as distinct from and in addition to human enemies and the natural evil of the human heart. Satan is the name of a wicked spirit personality, "the god of this age" (2 Cor. 4:4; cp. Eph. 6:12). And in the existence of demons (daimonia) as non-human personalities whom Jesus addressed and they him (Luke 4:41; James 2:19).

9. In the freedom "under grace" and not "under law," inaugurated at the cross in the New Covenant, in contrast to and replacing the Mosaic covenant enacted at Sinai (Gal. 3 and 4; 2 Cor. 3). Issues of physical circumcision and "the whole law" (Gal. 5:3) associated with circumcision, including calendar and food laws, are concerns of the old and not the new covenant. Compare Col. 2:16-17 where the temporary shadow is contrasted with the permanence and newness of Christ.

10. Christians ought never to take up arms and kill their enemies and fellow believers in other nations (Matt. 26:52; John 15:19; 18:36; 1 Pet. 2:9-11; 1 Chron. 22:8).

11. The Bible, consisting of the Hebrew canon (Luke 24:44) and the Greek New Testament Scriptures, is the inspired and authoritative revelation of God (2 Tim. 3:16).

If people want an alternative, this is definitely one of those. As I said, I have met many ExJw's. It resonates for many who have left the Watchtower. Here are a couple of links. I am writing this, just in case you are not who you say you are. Maybe a GB helper troll is on this site trying to spew out more crap.

http://focusonthekingdom.org/index.html

http://www.scatteredbrethren.org/

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good morning Liberator,

I've looked at your websites, and like the simplicity of scatteredbretheren.org - very simple, straightforward statements of belief, easy to check in the scriptures. Worship should be simple, otherwise those preaching it rapidly become ill in their struggle to explain it

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Why no one chooses 'Freedom' leaves me baffled.
  • Acts5v29
    Acts5v29
    Why no one chooses 'Freedom' leaves me baffled.
    I understand your feeling - after everything people go through, turning ones back seems the best option.
    There's this lingering feeling in many, though, that to do so would be short-sighted, that they would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater - that God isn't at fault ( infact is very precious and there for them ) but some horrible poison has corrupted His reputation.
    I feel greatly blessed to have learned that He is not some monster - some Divine King Herod, as religions portray Him, poised to suddenly slaughter all those not in the mythical "one-true-religion" - but that for all His power He has actually been pushed into the wilderness by Mankind which didn't want Him. And that He knows that His love will gather so very many more to Him than any show of force.
    see www.worshipJehovah.org/divineRescue
    ( not associated with the watchtower or any religion )

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    to do so would be short-sighted, that they would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater

But that's just it.. there is nothing to throw out at all. There is no baby either.. not a single person can produce any kind of verifiable real relationship with either any God or his so called son. It's all just fantasy, wishful thinking and delusional imagination. Those that claimed they did have such a thing are merely antiquated stories based on thousands of years old second, third, forth and fifth hand stories. Forgive me for not wanting to base my life on fairy tales and legends.

If there is a God that deals with you on a personal day to day level then I guess your just 'special'.

• cofty
    cofty
    some horrible poison has corrupted His reputation

He did that himself with his magnum opus

He commanded the mass murder of babies, genocide, kidnap, rape, forced marriage and slavery.

The star of the NT is besotted with this moral monster referring to him as his god and father.

Most ex-JW atheists have not rejected god because they have been misled. They know more about god, the bible and theology in general than 99% of the general population.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I would like to hear from genuine people who think JW have it wrong and then what is the truth?

The premise of the question is a plain old false dichotomy. Many people have religious (or other irrational) beliefs that are unfalsifiable. This includes all the usual claims about the existence of the God of the Bible, souls floating around after people die, etc. People can believe unfalsifiable things all they like - though shouldn't be surprised when other people don't believe their unprovable claims.

But JW end-times beliefs are demonstrably false. They directly contradict what is supposed to be their source material - the Bible. The JW religion is not even a candidate for being 'truth'. It is not necessary to provide any kind of alternative 'absolute' 'truth' in place of something that is not and was not ever true.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29
    to do so would be short-sighted, that they would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater

But that's just it.. there is nothing to throw out at all. There is no baby either.. not a single person can produce any kind of verifiable real relationship with either any God or his so called son. It's all just fantasy, wishful thinking and delusional imagination. Those that claimed they did have such a thing are merely antiquated stories based on thousands of years old second, third, forth and fifth hand stories. Forgive me for not wanting to base my life on fairy tales and legends.

I can understand your scepticism. God does not need us to believe in Him for His purpose to come to fruition, which would beg the question what that purpose is.
    I have a ministry which does not require one to believe in God, nor even in what the ministry says, yet is definitely Bible-based. It is greatly disliked by believers, but atheists seem to get it - even if they do not like it - at least those who use reason get it.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    There's this lingering feeling in many, though, that to do so would be short-sighted, that they would be to throw out the baby with the bathwater - that God isn't at fault ( infact is very precious and there for them ) but some horrible poison has corrupted His reputation.

If nobody understands what it is he wants or who he is, how is that NOT gods fault? How is he precious and there for anyone? I earnestly prayed to God for thirty years, and got nothing back, so how was God there for me?

If God is all powerful, his reputation is entirely in his control. He is either not all powerful, therefore not God, or he doesn't exist. I violate for doesn't exist.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What is the alternative to the JWS ?

answer = The Truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit