7 Jehovah’s Witnesses Brutally Tortured in Russia

by Drearyweather 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with some of the posters in this thread? I get it, Jehovah's Witnesses hurt a lot of us, they hurt us bad (not me specifically, but I'm part of the community so I want to speak collectively). But that doesn't excuse what the Russian police did to these people. Seems like you want to get off on their suffering because some people an entire world away made you suffer too.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Sadly, very few countries are exactly squeaky clean when it comes to this sort of thing. Particularly during irregular warfare (such as the fight against terrorism) are the gloves all too often removed.

However, the fact that "others do it too" is not an excuse - it never was, and never will be!

(Speaking as somebody who takes strong exception to the mistreatment of animals, let alone human beings).

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Very disappointed in some of these posters.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    But that doesn't excuse what the Russian police did to these people. Seems like you want to get off on their suffering because some people an entire world away made you suffer too.

The police are doing what the government told them to do, and governments sometimes tell them to beat some body up to get information it has been happening for thousands of years. But I don't recall anybody on this thread giving any indication they are "getting off" on their suffering it is more like some people are blowing way out of proportion what some people have wrote, from what I recall some only said they really weren't that concerned about their plight,, I being one.

I think why should I care what happens to JWs because religious persecution in another country especially when the Watchtower seems to attract such persecution from the lame ass stupid stuff they write about governments and other religions in their publications. I'm tons more concerned about that,, then any heat they draw from writing such utter bullshit.

The way I see it the WT corporation really gets off on this type of stuff and like the letter writing champagne to Malawi officials and Hitler during WW2, all designed to whip things up in the name of corporate Jehovah and bring misery to their sheep while the corporate big wigs(GB) sit back behind a desk at comfortable headquarters and watch and plot how to get the most mileage from the situation..

• cofty
    cofty

Brokeback - Your moral compass is broken.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It is more like we have different moral compasses pointing us in different directions.

• cofty
    cofty

A totalitarian government, with no regard for the rule of law or human rights, hunts down and brutally tortures its citizens for worshipping in a way that is disapproved by the national church. And you couldn't give a fuck.

You are either vindictive or as dumb as a box of rocks.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

All governments have problems with human rights if they get in the way of what a government wants to do, heck in 13 countries around the world you can be executed for not having faith.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/the-13-countries-where-being-an-atheist-is-punishable-by-death-a6960561.html

To me that is something to be more concerned about than if some loyal JWs get beat up by police to get information on a outlawed religion imported from the USA to Russia a country that the US has been on unfriendly terms for 60+ years.

Everybody does not have the same values, and priorities. Mine are different perhaps because I don't really care if in one country they have different laws about religion and one cannot practice his religion as directed by some foreign printing corporation that hopes to make profit in a foreign land. The world is what it is and my feeling sorry for the poor JWs getting ill treatment doesn't do very much good for these poor people,. I hope the whole religion goes bell up with less trauma for the JWs but what good does that do for anybody?

• Corney
    Corney

Incognito,

Torture and the ban (that includes officially declaring all JWs enemies of the state and dangerous criminals) ARE one and the same.

And answering to your questions:

at least two well-known WT lawyers represent the victims;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-jehovahs-witness-crackdown-surgut-religion-discrimination-a8790761.html

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Does the US torture people because of religious beliefs? I think the majority of those at Guantanamo Bay are of all the same religion? So do you think the US will be that quick to lodge a complaint against Russia in the Watchtower with its sullied reputation as a mind control cult that is abusive to its members?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/09/cia-torture-methods-waterboarding-sleep-deprivation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit