7 Jehovah’s Witnesses Brutally Tortured in Russia

by Drearyweather 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

The Governing Body should be doing all it can to prevent this from happening. Instead, they get millions to troll the Russian Government by inundating them with letters written in languages that they can't even read. Then they announce Russia as being the King of the North, announcing it as not being their own decision but having done so by invoking God through prayer.

I can see the big smile of satisfaction on Sandersons face.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The U.S.A. and Russia are at odds with one another...period!

What does a U.S.A. born and based religion with extreme teachings and doctrines expect is going to happen to it's members in a dictatorship/communistic country like Russia? The outcome is obvious...the JWs are not welcomed in Russia!

I don't wish torture or abuse on anyone...but what are the WT leadership thinking when they promote extreme beliefs and teachings in a bully-like country such as Russia?

The outcome is not going to be pretty for the innocent JW rank and file...but it does become self-fulfilled prophecy for the careless JW Governing Body...Sad!

• LV101
    LV101

Is it the GB's norm to try to stop brutality -- the legal way? I can't believe they'd sit back and allow this criminal behavior.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

How can we criticize Jehovah's Witnesses for cruelly shunning members if we turn a blind eye or even quietly endorse this kind of cruelty? This isn't right. These 7 people don't cover up child molestation, they don't create policy on blood transfusions or disfellowshipping, they're not even Elders or the Russian police wouldn't ask for the Elders' last names. We can't accept torture, period. We can't let governments bring torture back after they stopped using it against us as common practice barely 300 years ago at the final curtain call of the Middle Ages, where police or their lackies routinely broke people on the rack, whipped them bloody, cut off fingers or toes, and so much more to 'gather evidence.' The resurgence of torture aroud the world (I'm thinking of the United States 'enhanced interogations' i.e. mock drownings and sleep deprivation and terrorizing people with attack dogs, but many other governments use torture today) should concern every last one of us.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    Tell that to the governments of the world they seem to think it can be justified, say, defending some ideology called freedom be it what ever they call freedom.

The old "Ends Justify the Means" argument once again!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

How is it a good example with what ever you call it?

Easy enough to hold your attitude - just as long as you are not on the receiving end yourself!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Thank you I typed it in my search engine and couldn't find anything except about the union jack and I agree to a limited extent as would any normal human I guess. We humans have got as far as we have by a me first type viewing the plight of others it is just some of us may be come by denial not be able to see it in our selves, and project it on to a easy hook.

• zeb
    zeb
    • AS others have said this situation calls for GB to get on a plane with a media pack and go to Moscow to see the Russian Govt officials and confront this issue.
    • and arrange the repatriation of the JW out of Russia setting them up in safe countries with house, car, and money/job. The wt has the money to do this it just needs the balls...
    • Right now they are just like the priest who saw the man beaten on the side of the road and walked on; Governing body? there is not a 'Samaritan' among them.

• LV101
    LV101

Can't imagine the GB cult leaders ever doing anything humane (or Christ like) -- especially helping these 7 JWs out.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I'm against torture. BUT, hear this: What if they are lying about being tortured? I mean, while I was in, the thought of JWs lying was absolutely impossible, but since I have been out, I have seen them lie on TV, on their broadcasting, in court, in their magazines... is it possible that they are sugar coating their persecution to make it sound even worst than what it actually is?

For instance, the guards threatened to use a taser and by the time it got to the news paper, story was changed to "They were tased multiple time in the ass"? See what I mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit