7 Jehovah’s Witnesses Brutally Tortured in Russia

by Drearyweather 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sadly, this it what happens when Ideologies take hold of humans and permeate any given hierarchical structure. Russia just has the home advantage and is not in any way more reprehensible than the WTBTS Inc., which looks forward to the death of untold numbers of people who don’t subscribe to their ideology.

Sadly the rank and file Dubs are caught in the crossfire and the GB are to blame. They failed to protect their congregants, yet Sanderson and his Lawyers escaped before things deteriorated.

I admit to first being glad when Russia banned JWism because I loathe the Ideology, but the R&F do not deserve this. They are just pawns in a needless conflict.

DD

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm feeling in complete harmony with those that express blame for the Governing Body in bringing this type persecution on its members by the utter bull shit(extremist) they write. They need a persecution complex to survive so they keep writing this Listen, Obey us, and be Blessed(not disfellowshipped) malarkey which gotta draw heat from a more totalitarian form of government like Russia, and many others. And now to whip up the heat even more and cause more persecution they are naming Russia the King of the north in Daniel's prophesy. These guys are real self serving sickos.

I don't feel I'm defending Russia in my not censoring the government for human rights violations, just trying to look at the facts of why this tension exist with out all the moral judgements to wade thru.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    BrokeWatchtower: just trying to look at the facts of why this tension exists

Here's my take on why this tension exists:

This Russia & Jehovah's Witnesses thing reminds me of the December 2018 Watchtower study magazine where the Governing Body encourage abused women to stay & put up with mistreatment by their abuser husbands...why? There's a good chance you'll win him over.

Ironically, the Governing Body are hoping that the abused JW Russian rank & file will stay & soften the dictator Putin to the point of winning him over.

My guess is money is the motivator in both scenarios. How so JW GoneBad?

If a JW sister endures her abuse and eventually wins over her abuser husband who usually is the breadwinner...that's a breadwinner that WT can't afford to lose.

Likewise, if the JW Russian rank & file can put up with Putin's abuse and mistreatment...maybe...just maybe if the Russian JWs endure long enough to the point of softening Putin's demeanor...maybe Putin will return all the WT money and properties he's confiscated from the Governing Body!

Makes sense to me!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Bungi Bill said, "Apparently - because little or nothing can be done to help these victims of torture - we should all shut up, look the other way and pretend that it didn't happen!"

No, it is not because nothing CAN be done that you should shut up, it is because you DO NOTHING! There is a difference. The weeping, wailing and rending of outer garments by hypocrites is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It doesn't have that grating effect on me Nate, but a point well taken.

I appreciate the concern that is expressed for fair treatment of the poor duped JWs, something I wasn't really feeling at the time, so expressed an honest lack of concern,, boy did I draw heat from the moral thought police that disagreed. It was interesting but rather surprising to me that some would voice such indignation over a privately held but shared feeling. I know I can be a real jerk or be viewed as a real jerk sometimes and I'm perfectly okay with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDgOUoDTsY

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

During instances of human suffering, it is common to experience feelings of inadequacy. Having been involved for decades in first aid work, this is not the first time I have felt rather inadquate, and I daresay it won't be the last either! That doesn't mean, though, that one cannot show empathy for the injured person; nor does it mean it is wrong ("hypocritical") to do so. However, I am enough of a realist to know that from 12,000 miles away, there is little or nothing that I as an individual can do to help in this instance.

NATHAN NATAS

How would you feel if you were the one being semi-suffocated while undergoing a beating, followed by bones being broken, with the whole lot capped off by a 5,000 volt Megger being shoved up your @$$ ? Then, to add insult to injury, anybody subsequently hearing about this outrage and expressing their disgust gets branded a hypocrite? Your feelings might be somewhat different, I would imagine!

It has been my experience that those making the loudest accusations of hypocrisy are usually themselves some of the worst offenders.

• Tiana
    Tiana

Soon GB might use this as a reason for passing the begging plate to fill up with money to get the so called bros and sis out the country safely. (But we all know where the money will end up !

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY !

Life is beautiful !

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    It has been my experience that those making the loudest accusations of hypocrisy are usually themselves some of the worst offenders.

They have a saying: "You spot it, you god it", sorta along the same line as Jung and his shadow projection theory.

https://www.ignatianspirituality.com/11267/you-spot-it-you-got

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I just want to say every human is a hypocrite when you really think about it,, it is just human nature, that is why when I hear hypocritical statements my ear don't perk up and focus it is a taken for granted kind of thing, so it don't have any negative association.

I enjoy Nate's way of bringing up subjects, so humorous and colorful. so enlighten us great teacher. I await thy holy hand grenade from Antioch.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Come, chillun, sit at my knee..." Brokeback, you gave me a laugh! I see myself as Chef from South Park saying that line. "Be good, chillun! LRH is watching!" ***(see below)***

Ah... but BungiBill protested, "How would you feel if..."

It seems one difference between you and I, BB, is that I neither expect nor desire people 12,000 miles to work their knickers into a twist over my circumstances, while you, BB, seem to feel it is your due.

Yeah, I'm TERRIBLE, compared to you. "To what shall I compare thee? The summer sky at 2 AM?.."

***Oh gee, I brought up Isaac Hayes and Chef and Scientology and LRH...

What am I talking about this time???

Well, chilluns, here's a summary of how Wikipedia explains it...

Isaac Hayes was the voice of Chef on South Park from 1997 to 2006. During the late 1990s, Hayes gained popularity as the voice of Chef on the animated television series South Park. Chef was a soul-singing cafeteria worker for South Park Elementary.

Scientology episode

In the South Park episode "Trapped in the Closet", a satire of Scientology which aired on November 16, 2005, Hayes did not appear in his role as Chef. While appearing on the Opie and Anthony radio show about a month after the episode aired, Hayes was asked, "What did you think about when Matt and Trey did that episode on Scientology?", he replied, "One thing about Matt and Trey, they lampoon everybody, and if you take that serious, I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for two dollars. That's what they do."

(About three weeks after that) In an interview for The A.V. Club on January 4, 2006, Hayes was again asked about the episode. He said that he told the creators, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, "Guys, you have it all wrong. We're not like that. I know that's your thing, but get your information correct, because somebody might believe that shit, you know?" He then told them to take a couple of Scientology courses to understand what they do. In the interview, Hayes defended South Park's style of controversial humor, noting that he was not pleased with the show's treatment of Scientology, but saying that he "understands what Matt and Trey are doing."

Departure from South Park

(Just over two months after that) On March 13, 2006, a statement was issued in Hayes's name, indicating that he was asking to be released from his contract with Comedy Central, citing recent episodes which satirized religious beliefs as being intolerant. "There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," he was quoted in the press statement. However, the statement did not directly mention Scientology. A response from Matt Stone said that Hayes' complaints stemmed from the show's criticism of Scientology and that he "has no problem – and he's cashed plenty of checks – with our show making fun of Christians, Muslims, Mormons or Jews." Stone adds, "[We] never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin." Stone and Parker agreed to release Hayes from his contract by his request. In 2007, Hayes said he had quit because "they [Parker and Stone] didn't pay me enough... They weren't that nice."

The South Park season 10 premiere (aired March 22, 2006) featured "The Return of Chef", a thinly veiled telling of the affair from Parker and Stone's point of view. Using sound clips from past episodes, it depicts Chef as having been brainwashed and urges viewers (via Kyle talking to the town) to "remember Chef as the jolly old guy who always broke into song" and not to blame Chef for his defection, but rather, as Kyle states, "be mad at that fruity little club for scrambling his brains." In the episode, the cult that brainwashed Chef is named the "Super Adventure Club" and is depicted as a group of child molesters who travel the world to have sex with prepubescent children from exotic places. In the end, Chef is unable to break free from his brainwashing and dies an extremely gruesome death, falling off a cliff, being mutilated by wild animals and shot several times. At the end of the episode, he is shown as being resurrected as a cyborg in the style of the resurrection of Darth Vader at the end of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.

On March 20, 2006, two days before "The Return of Chef" aired, Roger Friedman of Fox News reported having been told that the March 13 statement was made in Hayes's name, but not by Hayes himself. He wrote: "Isaac Hayes did not quit South Park. My sources say that someone quit it for him. ... Friends in Memphis tell me that Hayes did not issue any statements on his own about South Park. They are mystified." In a 2016 oral history of South Park in The Hollywood Reporter, Isaac Hayes III confirmed that the decision to leave the show was made by Hayes' entourage, all of whom were ardent Scientologists. The decision was made after Hayes suffered a stroke leaving him vulnerable to outside influence and unable to make such decisions on his own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit