I need advice quick...and a hug.

by dmouse 95 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Thank You Jason for that public announcment

GOSH Darn Dean! this is sad. (((HUGS)))

I hope things cool down soon and hopefully it won't end up as bad as it must seem right now.

I hope things cool down soon and hopefully it won't end up as bad as it must seem right now.

I don't know what the current policy is in most congregations lately, but..., from what I recall with regards to my own family and friends of others who were "split" in the religious department, the elders always instructed the wives to be in subjection to the "head of the house" and not be confrontational about family religious matters. In other words, grin and bare it as long as there is no physical violence involved. Unless you are cheating on her or beating the crap out of her every night, she has no JW grounds for divorce so she would be reproved or even dfpd.

Regardless of what they JC her for I hope things work out for your family.

plum

pm me if you like, I've been around this block many times and know what you must be feeling like now.

edited because...Holy Cow!

conregations

confritational

their

groungs

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Much as I like you, this is neither the time nor the place, man.

With all due respect LT, this is precisely why I posted in the manner I did.

Have a look at my posting history.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/5379/default.ashx

In case you did not notice (and I'm sure most did not nor care) I had not posted on this website in a month or more. I wished to clarify that despite my not spending much time on this site anymore due to my differences of opinion with those who run it, I would show my support for someone I find to be a good person who does not deserve such treatment as a result of JW beliefs.

Sheesh, I was trying to do a good thing for someone, and I still get taken the wrong way and criticized for it.

Nevertheless, my statements stand. Dean it is good to hear an update from you. Please keep us informed on your circumstance. Ever since I joined this site I found you to be a logical, kind, balanced poster.If you need someone to talk to, I am more than happy to be a listening ear.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Dean-

I feel for you big time. I was married to someone who not only was mentally unstable, but a pure witch as well. Not a good combination.

I have a child with Ms. Evilness, and so to a degree I can relate to what you are going through.

Please, for the sake of yourself, and very importantly, you children : Take action first.

If she files, or does whatever first, she will feel, and sometimes will have the upper hand. Please seek legal advise, and just take ACTION!

I did not take action when I should have, and I got screwed. I don't even care about the financial stuff, I just wanted my fair time with my son. Everything is fine now, but this is $40,000 later and 8 years. It would have been so simple had I just taken care of it first.

Sounds like your kids need someone stable like yourself. There are lawyers out there too who know the witness crap very well, and can defend against it.

Good luck!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

((((((((((Dean))))))))))))

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Dean, if your kids haven't thanked you yet, they will for standing up for them. You've got the kids on your side, which will make things turn out much better for your sake. Keep us posted.

• Scully
    Scully

(((((( dmouse ))))))

Maybe she needs reminding that if she divorces you under these circumstances, it will not be a Scriptural Divorce™ and she will not be allowed to re-marry, unless she plans on becoming an "adulteress", getting herself disfellowshipped and everything else that situation entails.

That might be worth mentioning, in case she has another relationship simmering on the back burner already. I sincerely hope she doesn't, but it's in your best interests to consider all the angles.

Love, Scully

• Latte
    Latte

{{{{{{{{{{{{Dmouse}}}}}}}}}}}}

Just to say that we are thinking of you. Hope that thing’s getter better for you all soon.
    I wish so much that I could reason with these JW wives who are ‘hell bent’ on not listening to anything contrary! I really feel for you.
    I’m sure dear friend that you will of tried pretty much everything, I can only offer you the following which certainly helped me leave at the same time as my hubby ……………..

For me the June 22nd AWAKE 2000 helped lift the blinkers. Here’s a couple of quotes:

P.6 Par 6

Name calling

Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name -caller’s strategy has worked.

P.9
    DO NOT BE A VICTIM OF PROPAGANDA!

Para.1& 2
    There is a difference- a big difference - between education and propaganda. Education show’s you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and discourage discussion. Often there real motives are not apparent. They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.
    (2)
    The propagandist makes sure that his message appears to be the right and moral one and that gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. You are the smart ones, you are not alone, you are comfortable and secure - so they say.

P.11 Para. 1

Do not just follow the crowd.

If you realize that what everybody thinks is not necessarily correct, you can find the strength to think differently. While it may seem that all others think the same way, does this mean that you should? Popular opinion is not alway's a barometer of truth.

The whole article is basically describing the WATCHTOWER SOCIETY.
    It’s just the thing every dub should study and apply!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Take care Dmouse}}}}}}}}}}}}

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

(((Dean))) (that was a masculine hug),

Sorry dude, and yep, I agree...get legal counsel.

Mike

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Maintain your coolness and as someone suggested, keep track of all developments.

Guest 77

• amac
    amac

This sucks! I can't even imagine how upsetting and frustrating this must be. I can only wish you the best of luck from here on out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit