I need advice quick...and a hug.

by dmouse 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
  • ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((dmouse)))))

I'm so sorry to hear this news...

Your missus is a mom who thinks the only way for her kids to be happy... is if they are dubs. She thinks there is an armageddon coming and she doesn't want to lose them. And as cults go, with the codependency training...they must blame someone when they feel they are losing their grip on a member. ...and you're it!!!

Missus is setting you up to look like you are the bad guy (ie: abandonment)...if you leave the marriage. Lady Lee is one smart lady...yes, open communication is needed on your part... and reasonableness...

I would suggest to get your family doctor involved...simply discuss the situation with him. He may suggest a family counsellor. This will get the ball rolling. Make an appointment and inform your missus that this is what you have done because your marriage is precious to you ...and it seems reasonable to ask for help at this point in the crisis. Missus is being unreasonable and off centre with her ummm..."out there" reaction. Stay calm.

I wish you smooth sailing! Keep us posted!

((((Hugs))))

ESTEE

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

This thread was brought to my attention via email from a friend of mine who still posted on this site.

Despite my difference of opinion with the management of this website in their frequent hypocritical actions, I felt compelled to respond to this.

Dmouse my sincerest sympathies go out to you. This is yet again another personal experience given that reiterates the evils that the Watchtower Society cult perpetrates on families.

No parent who loves their children and takes care of them should be subjected to such madness. Any belief system that considers itself a religion (and operates under that premise) that removes the ability for independent thought and choice is not a religion promoting peace, harmony, knowledge, and love, but is instead a constricting cult. Most on this site know that the Jehovah's Witness religion exists to control lives and generate revenues via a magazine publishing company with free slave labor.

Sadly your wife is a victim of indoctrination and is only acting out what she truly believes is in her child's best interest, and you my friend in your role as a husband and parent are collateral damage she sees as an obstacle to their salvation.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you need someone to talk to for encouragement. I will be checking my mail from time to time to see if you or anyone else contacted me.

• bebu
    bebu

(((((Dean)))))

A big hug to you!!!!

Along with everyone else, I applaud you in your handling of this hard situation.

I hope that by now, you've figured out a way to get time off from work (school) tomorrow in order to confer with a lawyer. The tests you mentioned are important... but only up to a point. I hope you can find a solution that works in a way you won't regret.

I pray that God gives you strength thru it all, to do all that's right and best, and leave the results with Him.

bebu

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I'm still reading through the pages, I have no advice to give, but I am so sorry, no children should EVER go through this, I had a thread a week or so ago about how many of us were psychologically abused, and boy does this experience fit the picture.

Why do people become so dependant on the Watchtower ???

I feel for you and wish you the best, I hope you can work things out for yourself and most importantly for your children.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Jason:

Despite my difference of opinion with the management of this website in their frequent hypocritical actions, I felt compelled to respond to this.

Much as I like you, this is neither the time nor the place, man.

Dean:I hope that with a new day, there's a brighter prognosis.

As has already been stated by many others, you really should seek advice, ASAP, even though the prospect is scary.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Geez dmouse, what can I say?

I think everyone who has contributed here has offered up some valuable information; some of which is tried and true.

On a side note, keep in mind, earlier in the threads: Worldlygirl's hubby left her only 2 weeks ago.

We may need to offer up some support there.

But Dean, I wish you well, and hope things have remedied themselves, although I'm sure things are not necessarily smooth, I would hope that the support/PMs/e-mails etc., have helped you cope with a very difficult situation.

My best wishes to you and your three children.

Take care.

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((((Dean)))))

Hang in there, sorry you are going through all this

• Scully
    Scully

bttt

Hope today is better than yesterday (((((((( dmouse )))))))

Love, Scully

• dmouse
    dmouse
    Hope today is better than yesterday

Thanks Scully. Well, I don't really know, I'm getting the silent treatment now, which I suppose is better than being screamed at (better for the kids too).

Only trouble is I don't know what's going through her head...what's she planning? I don't think she met anyone after all today (according to Chloe, who didn't go to school) even though she stayed off work. I think she's staying off work tomorrow too.

I approached my Head at school and found out that she is a 'Relate' counselor (marriage counselor)! So she was able to give me some good advice and allowed me some time to contact a lawyer. As the mortgage is in both our names and I've done nothing wrong I've got nothing to worry about on that score.

Legal issues aside it's just a horrible situation to be in. Our marriage is over, purely because I decided that her religion was no longer for me. I have done nothing to merit such treatment under 'normal' circumstances. Crazy.

Well, better get the airbed out. Last night I slept on the couch (she wouldn't let me into the bedroom), which isn't very comfy.

Thanks so much everyone for all the hugs and advice. It has really helped. I'll let you know if anything concrete happens.

Luv Dean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit