Newbies! Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

by jgnat 226 Replies latest members private

• family_man
    family_man
    Instructing members to be neutral in war - including avoiding employment and investments with war manufacturers, yet holding stock with such a company (Rand Cam).

Jgnat, This was pretty compelling evidence for my wife and I. I followed the trail directly from the SEC's website (just to exhaust any doubts that this was an "apostate hoax") and now my wife is not only more convinced but has already brought this up to her sister - hard core JW. Her sister's response was that we should be aware of apostates online. I would think it's pretty hard to dispute public information on a government website. By definiton the SEC is not an apostate ..no?

We were told we should write a letter to the WTS for an explanation. Delving through the SEC's archive was quite a chore but I did noticed on the SEC's website that they no longer appear as stock holders on the following year's annual report...I imagine their defense will go something like ..." once we discovered that the engines are used for weapons we sold the stock immediately ..."

How did you find this link? And have there been any developments in this or other discoveries of ownership in questionable companies?

FM

• jgnat
    jgnat

Family_Man, I am glad my links were helpful. Hopefully you received this information soon enough to head off any future baptisms in your family. I would not bother writing the WTBTS. Have you or your wife chosen to follow Headquarters' teachings implicitly? No. You still have the freedom to chose who you believe. Tell your JW sister-in-law that you are perfectly satisfied with the veracity of the information you have received. If SHE has a problem with it, she can write her leaders for clarification.

As to other indescretions, there are some posters here past and present who are on the continual hunt. Some of these investigations are incomplete, or the paper trail is not as clear-cut as the Rand Cam example. So you should take their claims with a grain of salt.

Gerard follows the travels of the executive airplane.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/60166/905861/post.ashx#905861

A former poster, Expatbrit, posted a thread about stock in a cigarette company
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/54708/1.ashx

MacHislopp gathered a bunch of information on the real estate holdings of the WTBTS.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/53692/1.ashx

I find stuff by doing google searches www.google.com . For instance, I might type in "Watchtower" and "Scandal". Or some such thing.

Talley and Pudd, thanks for the BTTT's. You put a smile on my face.

• talley
    talley

BTTT !

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WhooEEE!

For some reason I missed this thread as well! It is EXCELLENT!!!!

hugs,

Annie

• talley
    talley

BTTT !!!

• talley
    talley

Beginning of the second week for the Newbies. BTTT

• talley
    talley

BTTT again.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

thought I'd add this parable- It was posted to a newbie on another type of support board I was part of a few years ago and it aptly describes things here as well:

This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by, and the guy shouts up, "Hey, you, can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on.

Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father I'm down in this hole! Can you help me out?" The priest writes a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on.

Then a friend walks by. "Hey Joe, It's me! Can you help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are you nuts? Now we're both down here!"

The friend says "Yeah, but I've been down here before- and I know the way out"

author unknown

XW

• Frannie Banannie
  • talley
    talley

Bttt !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit