Newbies! Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

by jgnat 226 Replies latest members private

• berylblue
    berylblue

By the way, the persons whom you chose as good examples are excellent. I was only joking. I don't contribute anything, and I know it. (Please, everyone, this is not an attempt to get people to post back, "Oh, you do." I know I don't. It' s okay. Not everyone here can be Alan F or onacruse or minimus.... )

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Absolutely excellent post, Jgnat.

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Thank you so much!!! As a "newbie" there are tons of questions i have, and this helps ALOT!!! This should definatly be bumped up to the top for everyone to see. If there is anything else, please post it, i will be reading everything.

• Brummie
    Brummie

bttt

This is excellent Jgnat, you should have included yourself in the list of names for all the good stuff you bring to this board! 1st class.

Brummie

• Gadget
    Gadget

Great post. When I first came here I looked round and over time found most of the things you've mentioned, but it would have been great to have been able to just look at a post like this and go straight to them.

Thanks.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks, everybody, for the kind bttt's. (Back To The Top for newbies). I am kind of fond of this post, too. Beryl, Brummie, MonkeyPrincess, it is just impossible to list all the great posts here. Everybody contributes and adds to the greatness of the board. To keep this “reference work” manageable, I focussed narrowly on the names and subjects that would point a newbie to further research. My humour section, for instance, is woefully inadequate. Consider Ozziepost and his weekend polls. I miss Kenpodragon and his original short stories. And who can forget Hillary Step’s XJW Scams Restaurant? ...and there is the resident book-under-construction, Tres Happy’s What Would a Jehovah’s Witness Romance Novel Be Like? Oh, yes! Seven006 is writing his book too, right now. A riveting read. I have entirely neglected the athiest/agnostic contingent, with their thoughtful articles on the fallibility the Bible, was Jesus a historical character, and was Moses the first hero to be floated down the river?

If you have a favourite thread, list it here, and tell us why you like it so much.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The thread that meant the most to me I read while I was still lurking. I read a lot before I got the courage up to actually post. This is the thread started by AlanF regarding the private lives of a couple of Governing Body members. It hit me, not because it titilated, but because of the stunning level of hypocrisy. How many gay men and lesbians have been hurt by the Witnesses because the Society thought who they were was "sinful"? How many children have been hurt by the sexual abuse policy? And yet, right there in the headquarters, the very flower of Jehovah's organization, both activites went on unchecked.

I hadn't been to meetings in 13 years when I first read this, but I was seriously pissed off, and it changed how I viewed the organization.

Here's the thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/5466/1.ashx

• berylblue
    berylblue

jgnat, I wasnt hurt, really. I'm glad, however, you mentioned Minimus. He's a great guy who gets a bad rap sometimes

• SYN
    SYN

Good post JGNat! Thanks!

• jgnat
    jgnat

yerrr welcome, SYN. What thread of yours are you most proud of?

Big Tex, I took a look at your three links, and all I can say is, WOW. What great information is in there! I feel like a newbie again. Thanks for contributing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit