Election Post-Mortem

by Simon 133 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think Trump is an idiot at all.....anybody that reads the Huffington post might be though

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Remember the Republican Riots?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Rioting mobs of mad as hell "the election is rigged" Trump supporters would have been way worse - I think.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Minimus,

Curious as to your reasons for supporting Trump. If you don't want to say them publicly, you can send me a pm. But I really am curious about it.

Nathan, you do have a point. I cannot find any news of large riots when Obama won in 2008. There was a minor one in 2012, but nothing like 2016.

• Simon
    Simon

Does anyone else think all this marching is becoming a craze? Like people don't want to miss out on some "big important movement", like the civil rights marches of the past.

Seems like no amount of effort is too much, but actually voting in an election? Not so much ...

I know it's possible that everyone demonstrating voted, but I suspect it's not a 1:1 mapping.

The election happened. Democrats lost. Deal with it. The time to demonstrate and be vocal was before the candidate was selected.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    The Democratic party lost this election mostly impart because they didn't present a confidently strong enough candidate, particularly concerning homeland security and economic development .

Hillary has been carrying a cloud of incompetence over her stretching back to when she lost to Obama during the previous elections and during her positional stay as Secretary of State.

They really underestimated Trump's proposed policies too lightly to the concern of many Americans, a level of concern that they were willing to elect someone of questionable character, experience and integrity.

Trump's expressed policies have a flair of both nationalism and protectionism, maybe that's what the US needs to right now to strengthen its ground base economy.

Now there's the question of modern social acceptance such as abortion, gay rights, etc. Trump's close association with the Conservative right may produce some fracturing of what has been established in recent years. ........time will tell.

So one shouldn't necessarily blame the general populous of what has happened, more blame should be directed to the Democratic political party of the US for dropping the ball, the Republican party, rather Donald Trump picked it up and threw it home and won the game.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Finkelstein: BOOM!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't think Church Lady is funny?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Clinton lost my vote because she, and the democratic party demonized me. I am a 40 something white male. I have been made to feel that my mere existence is evil and I owe everyone something. Sorry, but I don't. I am not evil. And I refuse to support ANYONE or ANY Party that wants to try to make me feel that way.

Worse thing is my views, as they evolve after leaving this cult, are more aligned with the economic stances of the democrats than the republicans. But how could any sane individual follow, elect, and support someone who hates you? Hates your existence?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The "unbiased" media:

(these are not PhotoShopped phony covers, they were actually printed by the respective "news" magazines.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit