Election Post-Mortem

by Simon 133 Replies latest social current

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Simon

If Trump takes a backseat now and lets his more able rebublican colleagues run the country disaster may be averted. If not god help America!!! as the rich poor divide will only increase under this business tycoon - more golf courses for the rich, younger wives, more plastic surgery and god knows what else -

• flipper
    flipper

Terminally weird election night. All I can say is I'm glad marijuana became legal out here in California. Because a whole lot of folks are gonna have to smoke a lot of herb to deal with the stress of four years of Trump as president.

In regards to Berengaria's comment, " Trump said it all when he said, " I love the poorly educated " . That is what happened . Period. "

I agree. Listening to the election results last night on AM radio it quoted some statistics that occurred in the Northern Midwest states - basically 7 out of 10 men who were High School educated only - voted for Trump , and 6 out of 10 women who were High School educated only - voted for Trump.

Which leads us to wonder that if college or university graduates voted for Trump - it seems their college or university degree didn't make them much smarter. At least in character assessment.

Of course Putin wants Trump in office. Trump's less experienced in foreign policy than Clinton was - Putin can manipulate Trump like putty in his hands. Putin knew he wouldn't have that chance with Clinton at the helm. So now we have the unknown and people many times fear the unknown. Especially when someone's elected president who has zero background in politics or foreign policy.

I didn't vote Clinton and I didn't vote Trump. I voted Sanders once again . And I agree that the Democratic party screwed itself as many Democratic voters screwed their own party in June and spring elections by choosing Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders. If Sanders had run against Trump - Trump would have lost, I'm very sure of that. But the stupidity of thinking that Hillary Clinton's past shady activities wouldn't come back to haunt her was short sighted within the Democratic party.

I feel race also had a good measure to do with this vote turning out this way as well. American rural whites voted for Trump as a backlash for having 8 years of Obama in the White House as the first African American president . I mean ask yourself - Why do you think KKK leader David Duke is so excited that Trump won ?

I could go on and on about possible voter tampering, hacking of computers from across the pond, etc. to affect outcomes - but that would just start more fights . No sense in that. I just hope president-elect Trump does what he says he's going to do and tries to unite the country. It won't come easy, if it comes at all

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The Democrat party lives in it'"s own detached view of the world. In the opinion of the leadership within, that machine which runs politics at the core, that Hillary " deserved" to be president. (Bill said exactly this).

Even if they didn't feel she was the best choice, they were by then obligated to put her forward as the candidate."We must not disappoint her".

One very serious problem with long time dirty politics where favors are bought and given.

The democrat party has a view of their base as dependent, finding it necessary, and an obligation to vote for them. Well, surprise, this didn't happen with all of them. Some have no feeling of obligation, and make decisions based differently. Sanders is just one example. Freedom from control is another.

The political correct aspect of this from the op is, in my opinion, spot on as one big factor in this election.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Village Idiot - "I can't see how one would connect to or affect the other."

I only ask because I wonder if an administration that doesn't seem to have too much of a problem with alleged sex offenders will make said campaign easier or harder.

Although I am kinda surprised the question got 3 "dislikes".

• Landy
    Landy
    I didn't vote Clinton and I didn't vote Trump. I voted Sanders once again . And I agree that the Democratic party screwed itself as many Democratic voters screwed their own party in June and spring elections by choosing Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders. If Sanders had run against Trump - Trump would have lost, I'm very sure of that. But the stupidity of thinking that Hillary Clinton's past shady activities wouldn't come back to haunt her was short sighted within the Democratic party.

Protest votes can be a good thing but there are times when it is just a waste. Tuesday night was one of those times.

• Simon
    Simon
    I wonder if an administration that doesn't seem to have too much of a problem with alleged sex offenders will make said campaign easier or harder.

I agree. It seems that the crowd he is surrounding himself with doesn't put "protect the vulnerable" at the top of the TODO list.

The tone will propagate all the way down through women's rights and such like.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I wonder how much pvssy Trump will try to grab now that he's President.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I wonder if he will hire Billy Bush as his pussy grabbing wingman.

• prologos
    prologos

with a mandate like his, Potus, Senate, House and soon SCOTUS, he could smother the creeping divide by amending the constitution to make English the only language allowed at any level. No more beef patties named after Hamburg, the german harbor.

• Nathan Natas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit