Election Post-Mortem

by Simon 133 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Does anyone notice how, despite people agreeing on common sense ideas, so many are put into boxes where you also get a lot of crap that you really don't want. Almost as though it's designed to create conflict and arguments.

Meanwhile, as people squabble, the rich get richer and the ruling class rules some more.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Agree Simon that's why there seems to be such defining polarization of political ideologies in the US, either your positioned far right or you have to be identify as being far left.

Trump hit the sensitive button with a lot of people, that the Democratic party was ineffective with building up the economy in rural America.

You can thank the Republican held Congress for stopping Obama's policies toward building up the nation's infrastructure.

The political environment in Washington is very much about which party is winning and which party is losing, irregardless if the outside population is losing.

Unfortunately the voters missed or couldn't read between the lines of his political agenda that when he proclaimed " Lets Make America Great Again "

What he really was saying " Lets Make Business Great in America Again "

Lets make it easy for the rich bushiness elite to prosper, you know like the people who join his exclusively private Golf clubs and resorts for the top 1% of the population.

You have to be an ignorant fool to not realizise that he would try to support his own business ventures and those potential customers to those established business.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Let us remember that the polarization in the US started decades ago with conservative hate radio and Fox news. Conservatives started it.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Let us remember that the polarization in the US started decades ago with conservative hate radio and Fox news. Conservatives started it.

Google yellow journalism.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Yeah, having ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and the New York Times spouting Democratic talking points 24/7 wasn't enough.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Whatever those dastardly liberal media said was in response to what Republicans were saying. That is not a contribution to polarization, it's a mere response to the polarizers.

One thing Republicans don't have is a sense of responsibility. They simply cannot own up to their actions and instead blame the victim.

• Simon
    Simon
    Yeah, having ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and the New York Times spouting Democratic talking points 24/7 wasn't enough.

I can only talk for CNN as I don't really watch the others, but they were a Trump propaganda machine. There wasn't a minute in the last year where they weren't cutting directly to Trump's plane landing, or Trump about to speak or giving microphones to his surrogates to excuse his words and actions or make accusations against Clinton.

CNN certainly weren't biased liberal media, they were ridiculous in their attempts to be "fair" to the point of being blatantly unfair. Hillary's emails got more air-time than anything.

The media most likes drama and disruption. They don't want "slow news days".

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Simon,

The media most likes drama and disruption. They don't want "slow news days".

FTM.

• JeffT
    JeffT

It's interesting to sit back and watch this debate as a disinterested observer. I agree that CNN was more tolerable than the others. It was not unbiased, The others went down hill from there, although I can't say for sure about Fox, I haven't watched it in a decade or so.

For those that wonder about my "disinterested" status - I'm a Libertarian. I know, most of you think that means I'm a Republican in disguise. All my Republican friends think we're Democrats in disguise.

• bohm
    bohm

JeffT: In your opinion, if a TV station ran stories about Donald Trump proposing that the united states commit warcrimes and violate several articles of the united states constitution (including but not limited to a limitation of the freedom of the press and imprisonment of his political opponents) as well as bragging about what amounts to either sexual harassment or sexual assault, would you then consider that TV station as being "biased"?

On this topic, since we have had what seems like three months of non-stop talk about the configuration of an email server, I am just wondering what you would consider as being an appropriate amount of time to spend on each of these views and actions by Donald Trump?.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit