Election Post-Mortem

by Simon 133 Replies latest social current

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

How droll.

Life goes on, you end-time fanatics!

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

I think people are still getting it wrong... People voted FOR Trump not against Hillary. If you watched MSM all you saw was all the crazy antics that Trump did. HOWEVER if you really paid attention.... it was Trumps campain that was issue based and talked about things that mattered to average Americans. In one simple paragraph I can tell you what Trump stands for and what his important issues are.

Hillary never had a clear message. For all the "plans" she had, what was she passionate about? What did Hillary stand for? Her two biggest things where, more of the same (4 more years of Obama and the status quo). and secondly she wasn't trump. She wanted to be president because she thought it was her turn. Not because she had some great vision for this country.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Running a biased primary system and choosing someone so obviously flawed as a candidate was a huge mistake

I agree wholeheartedly. All they did was play right into Trump's hands. Screwing Bernie over the way they did only gave credence to the notion that the system was corrupt, and required an outsider such as Trump to fix it. To say nothing of the fact that it alienated a lot of Bernie's supporters, and caused them to vote for someone other than her.

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's interesting that Trump won with about 2 million less votes than losers Romney and McCain got in their elections.

• Simon
    Simon
    Hillary never had a clear message. For all the "plans" she had, what was she passionate about? What did Hillary stand for?

I agree. She talked way too much about what was wrong with Trump. It didn't inform anyone what she was going to do for them. Trump was making promises to at least some of the electorate (not necessarily noble ones, but promises that they wanted to hear).

It's interesting that Trump won with about 2 million less votes than losers Romney and McCain got in their elections.

It looks like Dems didn't turn out or, more likely, overall turnout was lower than normal. It was an uninspiring choice after all.

Hard to say exactly because some groups saw a huge increase in turnout so others must have over-compensated the other way to produce the final stats.

Ultimately, I think Trump was lucky to win - he probably wouldn't have against someone else, but also Hillary was lucky to only lose by what she did - against some other candidate she would have been decimated.

The real winner in all this appears to be China. They own the US president's nuts now.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Does Trump still think the elections are rigged?

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

My view is much more simplistic. Hillary is just not a very likable person. Charisma, of which she has none, goes a long way in presidential elections. Her husband dripped with it. His successor, Bush, had some in his early campaign, and Obama is one of the most charismatic I've ever seen.

"Van Jones described it as a #whitelash which is a pretty good description." I think it was more middle-class-working-person-tired-of-being-ignored-and-told-what-to-do-without-consultation...lash.

• minimus
    minimus

Simon as usual you were wrong and still are. Liberals just won't get it.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

So minimus, do you actually support Trump or are you a conservative who disagrees partly or wholly in what he represents?

• minimus
    minimus

On a sidenote Trump always had humongous crowds and he never had to invite musical stars or actors in order to achieve this. People liked his message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit