Was this right? Cedars threatens, what say you?

by Hadriel 177 Replies latest members adult

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

As to the title and fishing....

I was absolutely doing so. Why? Because I wanted to know what others had experienced. Was it just me or is this a pattern. To me, and I've been on forums forever, that is the whole purpose of them.

In fact I even posted an edit saying "I changed to more appropriate title". There was no secrecy in the matter. I couldn't have made it more transparent in my mind. I apologize if this comes off troll-ish to you but that wasn't the intent.

Both the pro and con responses here have proven to be helpful. Some excellent points that I hadn't thought of. I will pass them along. At the end of the day I'm here only to assist nothing more.

Everything is entirely up to the copyright holder. I think this thread has been more than constructive. I'll pass along some of the great ideas!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    cappytan and Kate, she is going to roll out the same old tired excuse that is was'nt Rays wishes to make them available electronically which is dubious to say the least , she knows no more what Rays final wishes were more then you or I do, poor excuses.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Exactly cappytan.

Let's have the cph answer the question seeing as she has the power and not Hadriel.

Kate xx

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I agree with Simon, the book should be as it was written by the author, minus typos. One example of this is the children's book, 'Little House in the Big Woods", by Laura Ingalls Wilder. She begins that book by telling how things were 60 years ago when she was a child. It has now been well over a hundred years since the events in that book took place, but if someone were to change it to read something like '120 year ago', it removes the poignancy of HER memory of the events. The same could be said of Ray Franz' book, his experiences would no longer be from his viewpoint at the time written.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    @KateWild you're right I can't as I don't own the rights thx.
  • steve2
    steve2

We would not be having this discussion if Ray had been very clear and specific about what he wanted to happen to his books after his death.

This resembles the kind of "squabbles" that occur when an inidividual dies intestate. Everyone and their dog tries to argue what they think the individual would have wanted. Fact is, the intestate individual did not have a will and, similarly, Ray did not take the time to put in writing what should happen.

Hadriel, in answer to another poster's question, you state that Ray did not want his book in "the public domain" - a loaded term. Is this documented anywhere?

That said, did he rule out providing copies of Crisis of Conscience over the internet in pdf form.

One impression I have is that Ray was not internet-savvy and appeared to have little to say about copies of his books being available in pdf.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Commenting again Hadriel.....without addressing the simple issues

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Exactly Hadriel, the copyright holder would show she is not about the money if she distributed the book electronically this week.

Go and tell her to read this whole thread and make a decision.

It's out of your hands you have your information, it's up to her now

Kate xx

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

@RipVanWinkle you assume I've been here to see all the shenanigans. I haven't been and am very new to the fourum.

I posed the title as I did as I wanted feedback as to whether or not others had experienced the same. There's no shady agenda. Bottom line it is all new to me.

________

Nope. I didn't make assumptions, HadriEL.

I asked specific questions that you ignored and deflected.

Your title is misleading and so is your scant explanation.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@KateWild what issue?

@cappytan you just finally received the legal transfer of the copyright. You now have to source the originals form the things you've inherited. Are you to simply republish an existing PDF or would you ensure validity from the source material? I sure as hell would. The man has passed, you can't ask him a single thing, so you have to be extra certain at every step. Does this not seem reasonable to you?

Seriously what if you were to republish one of the existing PDF's out there (just to appease you and others) only to find out it isn't current or has forgeries or something.

Everything must be gone through and it must be ensured that it is accurate and current. Quite frankly with this deal I'd go over it again after that. You can't afford a mistake here.

Mind you it only became legal in the past several weeks. I know it might seem so easy from the outside but there are other considerations that are simply not being given proper weight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit