It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Look what this serial punter who equates criticism of sex tourism in Thailand with racism has to say about CSA?

So much to unravel here.. The government is "incompetent" and "just don't give a fuck" about the issue, but this asswipe of a human being takes people to a kangaroo court when someone mentions him as complicit in the industry of sex work in Thailand which is the epicentre of CSA abuses on the entire planet.

What a disgusting and ultimately irredeemable person. Complete hypocrite. All he cares about are the soundbites and the money he can crowdfund. He's the one who truly doesn't give a fuck about CSA. Not the government.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I do have to agree with Lloyd here. Woah, before anyone jumps down my throat 😂 What I mean is the government doesn't care, There was a chief whip who when interviewed said that he would be the one to go to cover up certain things, he would also use this as leverage to keep politicians in line. https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/04/edward-heath-coverup-bbc-documentary-tim-fortescue_n_7933432.html

CSA is more widespread than most people realize and it goes right to the top.

• Simon
    Simon

The thing no one seems to "get" when it comes to CSA, and is expecting the government to step in and deal with your ex religion not dealing with things properly is that the same government runs the public school system where incidents of abusive are massively higher and they too focus on covering it up and moving abusers on to pastures new where they can abuse again.

Same with local councils, child protective services and all the law enforcement agencies of government that failed hundreds of thousands of kids up and down the country.

Publicity is the only weapon, to make the story big enough that the powers that be are forced to act instead of help cover things up.

So "mean tweets" on Twitter play to the gallery but really do fuck all to help anyone. Lloyd had multiple chances to create publicity, even getting a GB member on the phone, and he blew it with childish questions.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    is that the same government runs the public school system where incidents of abusive are massively higher

I am a survivor of CSA (outside WT) that took place at my school from grades kindergarten - 2nd grade. I wish there was more that they could do to curb this pandemic of CSA in schools, particularly in the lower grades. That is where children are most vulnerable to adult influence is procuring victims. I feel that the older children do not succumb to this influence as much but I do know it still takes place sometimes with older children.

These children may be ones that grow up and are unduly influenced to get into the sex trade.

Lloyd needs to be aware of this fact because he has young children that are in that age range but unfortunately, I do not think he does.

Edit: I always say "outside WT" because I want to put the blame in the right place.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

559 and counting (down)... drip, drip...

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    559 and counting (down)

Hmmm wonder what can be causing that.

He intentionally caused a panic among his supporters about him leaving and spoke glowingly about “saving lives”. Then he tweets about Star Wars and how Charles III looks “badass” with his royal scepter.

Guess it wasn’t as bad as he painted it to be. I lost a long time friend after she took me for a loan that I was uncomfortable giving, but I was told her heat would be turned off if the bill wasn’t paid. Then I see her on Facebook getting multiple tattoos and I felt played.

I imagine an ever growing number of his supporters are beginning to feel this way.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I would be curious to know how many of those who dropped their support finally decided to find out what all this "defamation" talk was about. I guess they don't agree that it isn't their business what he does with his "salary."

• Simon
    Simon
    I lost a long time friend after she took me for a loan that I was uncomfortable giving, but I was told her heat would be turned off if the bill wasn’t paid. Then I see her on Facebook getting multiple tattoos and I felt played.

Yeah, been there - you only need that learning experience once, but that's what it is.

Some people plead poverty, and they may genuinely need money for rent or something genuine, but then they waste other money that they should set aside. That's why they are always pleading poverty - because they are stupid with money.

Lloyd is like that. It sounds like when it was raining money he spent it all. He doesn't know how to tighten his belt. Making YouTube videos that are mostly just commentary on other free videos really is a zero-cost endeavour, but he's managed to make it into something that somehow needs regular donations from hundreds of people (let's pretend it's not 100% grift / scam).

He's also incapable of building a sustainable business. The minute he stops producing videos, his patreons will evaporate. He knows this (surely?) and that's why he's trapped - no skills or expertise to do anything else, all he can do is as little as possible and keep wringing out donations with more desperate pleading and begging videos. He can't even be bothered showing up for his promised once-a-month live feed that he promises them, that's how much he values his supporters.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Forever Alone I am a survivor of CSA (outside WT) that took place at my school from grades kindergarten - 2nd grade.

I'm so sorry Forev's. Me too - at the same exact age, on the way home from school. Definitely targeted because he abused others. I agree we are more vulnerable at that age, mostly because we don't know what the hell is going on. We don't understand.

We also tend to obey adults automatically if that's how we were raised.

LMsALook what this serial punter who equates criticism of sex tourism in Thailand with racism has to say about CSA?

Lloyd Evans Talks about the "government clamping down" on CSA....Is he aware, I wonder, that it's illegal for British nationals to go to Thailand to procure sex as a sex tourist?!

This was an initiative set in place to try and tackle the scourge of CSA worldwide!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Making YouTube videos that are mostly just commentary on other free videos really is a zero-cost endeavour, but he's managed to make it into something that somehow needs regular donations from hundreds of people (let's pretend it's not 100% grift / scam).

Oh yes, how i agree with that!

i’ve been out of the borg for a quarter century or more and made my own way.

Along that way, I’ve been conscious of “working out my own salvation” but also, with the intrepid Mrs Ozzie, helping others see TTATT. We organised Apostafests in New South Wales and put a lot of freely given time and expense into giving PIMO’s a support in their time of need.

At no time did we even contemplate that this was something to be monetarised.

Isn’t that the “activism” that is needed, that is productive?

Yet that is not what we are confronted with by JLE.

=============================================================================

To JLE:

Sir, it is unconscionable what you are doing. You have no ‘right’, good grief, one year as an elder! Big Deal!

I could raise you umpteen times on that but I don’t proclaim it. Instead I help others as I can with what I know of the inner workings of the Borg, which is a damned sight more than you!

If your proclaimed atheist belief is demonstrated by what you do, then “No thanks”, I’ll stick to the Grace of Christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit