It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody

These people defending Lloyd Evans disgust me! Each one of them

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

"Show me on the doll where Lloyd Evans touched you" might be just a bit too on the nose, there.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    If Raymond franz had used prostitutes and was a narcissist would it make crisis of conscience any less valuable? It would be a shame they weren’t an upstanding human that we could respect but C OF C would still be accurate and useful

Yes, if the facts of your hypothetical were true, it would make COC less valuable because adultery, regardless of whether it's with a paid prostitute or anyone else, has a negative bearing on the credibility of the adulterer. Put simply, if a person is cheating on his wife who later discovers his adultery, the wife will likely never trust her husband to be honest ever again. Why would anyone of sound mind and reasonable intelligence expect an adulterer to be honest with anyone else?

Unlike the slob that you are here to support, I am unaware of any allegations of adultery made against Raymond Franz.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    If Raymond franz had used prostitutes and was a narcissist would it make crisis of conscience any less valuable?

Yes it would. What does it say about you that you can't see that?

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

Is this Lloyd?

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    If Raymond franz had used prostitutes and was a narcissist would it make crisis of conscience any less valuable

Adolph Hitler was a narcissist that built concentration camp ,that kill Million of people ,but does that makes it less valuable that he brought Germany out of the economic depression in 1929 ?

Harvey Weinstein was a narcissist that Raped many women , but does that makes it less valuable that he made Academy Award movie ?

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF

Nicoloau if that was true of ray franz would you want Cof C taken off the shelf so no one can read it?

if you would the what about the 10s of thousands of people it has saved from jw?

if no then we would agree it still has value even though it was written by someone we disliked?

(in no way am I saying anything negative about ray, it’s just a comparison)

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    if you would the what about the 10s of thousands of people it has saved from jw?

There is certainly no evidence I am aware of that any book, including COC, has saved "10s of thousands of people . . . from jw." Is that shot glass empty?

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF

Jw facts say’s around 65k leave jw each year

coc was written 40 years ago

Give or take would you say 2 million?

if so 10k is half of 1 percent

Of course I could be miles off and if so I apologise, but I’m going to stick with it as reasonable enough to make the point

the shot glass has just been refilled thank you

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

If a doctor murders someone, do we overlook that because of the people he/she saved? Their work doesn't earn them the right to hurt others. That victim's life is just as important and valuable as his/her patient's, and there are plenty of other doctors who can heal and who don't murder.

Lloyd can snivel about "dating" a sex worker all he wants, we know that's bullshit, especially in Thailand. Human trafficking exists because of men like him. Women and children are bought and sold and forced into degrading prostitution their entire lives because he pays for the services they're forced to provide.

Whatever good he's supposedly done doesn't cancel out that abuse. The lives of those women he's hurt by supporting that disgusting industry are just as important as any JW.

And you can say that no one else speaks to exiting JWs like him but that's just your opinion. There are plenty of other JW commentators who do good work and don't prop up the human trafficking industry on the side, and chances are there would be even more if Lloyd and his POS flying monkeys O'Redwood and Daniel Walker and the rest hadn't bullied so many into silence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit