It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    He can’t just give everyone cash and call it a day. They would also have to file personal tax forms and pay any deficiency or be refunded for overpayment.

True, each of the ‘employees’ would have to lodge personal tax returns.
    Frankly, it seems like a whole lot of wasted effort for the small amounts involved.
    Feelings of grandeur perhaps?
  • Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

If Croatia is anything like Malta, and I suspect it probably is, I'm sure there's a little bit of skimming off the top, and cash being paid for anything above normal salaries. That way, the tax paid Is not as much as would normally be paid.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    ozziepost: Frankly, it seems like a whole lot of wasted effort for the small amounts involved.

I don't know what the laws are like in Croatia, but there are usually legal and tax benefits to incorporating, even if you are a very small operation. And if you plan to grow into an international conglomerate that has revenues in the billions from making exJW videos, you have to start somewhere. 😉

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    I'm sure there's a little bit of skimming off the top, and cash being paid for anything above normal salaries.

And I don't fault him for trying to keep that money and avoid paying more taxes. We all do that to some extent as is allowable under the law. Another way would be to purchase the equipment himself with his own salary and have the company lease it from him.

What I am concerned about is the €82K he pulled in and how much is from Patreon or other monies given him by donors. Google ad and YT revenue is fine - he earned that without any undue influence on vulnerable people encouraged to donate. JW Joe the janitor works 50-60 hours a week cleaning toilets and other manual labour tasks and comes home all sweaty from a hard day's work. Lloyd works a few days to little over a week out of the month from the comfort of his desk or filming content in a country where the median wage is €16,000 per year. Tibor and especially Dijana work even less. And he has the nerve to say that whatever he is paid out of the €82K (I think I saw somewhere that they actually pay out over €60K in net salary) is not enough and he's losing money. He's not losing money and he has enough to go round and live his lifestyle.

It was a flat out lie that the company was short €700 and couldn't pay out salary. They had €8,200 on hand at the beginning of January and it was his way of getting his patrons up and have a bit of cash on hand to blow.

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF

He provides a great service of spending his time, listening to the JW propaganda, and debunking it in a straightforward common sense way, if people choose to give him money, that’s up to them, how he spends it it’s up to him, I’ve watched a few of his videos that I have chosen to not financially contribute, picking through his accounts like this just shouts out jealousy because he has been successful in his activism, I completely accept you won’t agree with me But I still haven’t seen anyone who gets within 1,000,000 miles of his ability to talk to newly exiting ex jws

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I still haven’t seen anyone who gets within 1,000,000 miles of his ability to talk to newly exiting ex jws

I find that comment interesting….newly exiting exjw’s ….who are vulnerable and don’t disagree with him and who think he will fix all their problems and who they incorrectly attribute to their efforts to leave.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    picking through his accounts like this just shouts out jealousy because he has been successful in his activism, . . .

What you refer to as "jealousy" is actually healthy skepticism being exercised by folks who left a high-control group that frowns on any form of dissent or skepticism. Given the allegations about his conduct, and his rebuttal, skepticism about his accounts is certainly both healthy and reasonable. It's your right to serve as Lloyd's advocate, despite the disturbing allegations and pathetic response to them. However, your use of ad hominem arguments like "those who ask questions are jealous of him" demonstrates rather clearly that there is no merit to your position.

The publicly-available financial statements do not support your characterization of his activism as "successful." If you're referring to something other than financial success, please elaborate and provide some facts to support your claims.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    But I still haven’t seen anyone who gets within 1,000,000 miles of his ability to talk to newly exiting ex jws

I can answer that in two words: JW Thoughts.

picking through his accounts like this just shouts out jealousy because he has been successful in his activism

This is directly related to him claiming in January that he's broke and €700 in the hole. He said he couldn't pay out salaries. These filings show that this was an utter lie as he had €8200 in the company accounts three weeks earlier. As a result of his desperate pleas, he managed to get $1000 donated directly to him (tax free). He also gained patrons. This isn't jealousy and by his own account, he's nowhere near where he needs to be with at least 500, preferably 620 patrons.

This is about calling out a known liar and confronting him with his lies.

LLoyd Evans Called Me Out... Oh Boy! - YouTube

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF

Going through someone’s accounts without them there to give an explanation is a total waste of time and all conclusions you come to are invalid as the person hasn’t given their reply, as annoying as it may be, that he won’t reply, he won’t so all you are left with is unconfirmed speculation, It is as it is.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    this just shouts out jealousy because he has been successful in his activism

Apostates are hateful people because they know that the only true god has left them, and they feel bitter and hateful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit