It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

I recall the "AAWA" scandal from about a decade ago. I've always thought of this slob as having the maturity of a teenager who is going out of his way to be noticed. At the end of the day, he was everything the Watchtower ever could have hoped for. A prominent opposer outed as a pervert is now being used as a tool of the WT to stereotype all former JWs as liars who are absolutely devoid of morals.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

The new " I'm Not Begging " T-Shirt just for Patreon is now available on the reluctant apostate web site... Allegedly...

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    as having the maturity of a teenager who is going out of his way to be noticed.

And a teenager that has no desire to take responsibility for any of his actions ….

• JeffT
    JeffT

That mess with the AAWA was my introduction to Lloyd Evans. I might have been aware of the "John Cedars" user name but I don't remember anything in particular about him. I still have not heard a rational explanation for how anybody justified putting the name of nonexistent person on the legal incorporation documents. The best scenario I can come up with is that nobody thought to get legal help.

But it was the outing of PIMOs that showed his true colors. The absolute refusal to take responsibility for seriously harming a lot of people is inexcusable. It seems that he has lurched from one mess to another. And people get hurt every time.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

The zeitgeist of the AAWA era was insane. At first everyone loved it and it was such a great intro video that Lloyd produced.

Then Lloyd happened.

I took a back seat on most of that, knowing he’d find a way to fuck it up. It was clear to me that he was holding onto his position as president because he was either promised or was already getting a decent amount of money. If it was a volunteer position, he would have bolted out of there long before he did.

Then he comes back here after his resignation like a wounded animal, taking subtle shots at Bo Juel and blaming him as the main reason for leaving. As it turned out, Bo was at the dinner at Dick Kelly’s home and he called an idea of Lloyd’s “stupid”. English isn’t his first language so it wasn’t as harsh as it might have sounded and Bo made the distinction that the idea was stupid, not Lloyd personally. (I respectfully disagree with Mr Juel)

Lloyd stood up at one point and in tears, demanded an apology. When Bo tried to explain without first offering an apology, Lloyd took his wife and said they were leaving. Lloyd later claimed that Bo was hitting on Dijana. Bo was a ladies man for sure, but as he explained it, he was only being friendly and she wasn’t his type.

Story goes that after Lloyd left, everyone at the AAWA meeting was making fun of him and how much of a petulant child he was being.

Can’t help but think that if Bo was really hitting on Dijana, she might have been better off taking him up on it. The infidelities might have continued but Bo had his own band, his own business and would have actually given her a decent bang for the first time in her life.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    The zeitgeist of the AAWA era was insane. At first everyone loved it and it was such a great intro video that Lloyd produced.
    Then Lloyd happened.

I never understood the "AAWA" thing, but I guess that's because I never looked at anti-JW activism as a professional endeavor. I guess, in retrospect, I was naive as to the potential for monetizing anti-JW activism. As for Lloyd, I never had an ounce of respect for him at any time. I believed him to be a dishonest POS when I first came across him, and my opinion of him has never improved, but has certainly gotten much worse.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I believed him to be a dishonest POS when I first came across him, and my opinion of him has never improved, but has certainly gotten much worse.

I think he has always been like this, we just see his true colours more often now as he is being called out for his bs more 🤷‍♀️

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    I think he has always been like this, we just see his true colours more often now as he is being called out for his bs more 🤷‍♀️

He still has over 100K followers on YouTube. That's amazing to me. His voice, appearance and content are nauseating.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    still has over 100K followers on YouTube

There is some evidence to suggest that some of those num have been purchased 🤷‍♀️

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    He still has over 100K followers on YouTube

That’s not an accurate accounting of active subscribers. This forum has a tonne of users but only a small percentage are active. Some have passed away, there are some duplicate accounts but by far the most are people who have moved on. It’s the typical cycle for exJWS. Most don’t spend more than 3-4 years active in the community. Many of Lloyd’s subs are people who have moved on. The views indicate that roughly 1/10th of his total subs are actually active. And views aren’t that accurate either as some click on the video twice or more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit