It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

Tibor, around 56 C.E., Paul wrote his letter of 1 Corinthians. Verses 33 and 34 of chapter 15 say, "33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 34 Sober up as you ought, and stop sinning; for some of you are ignorant of God. I say this to your shame."

We are influenced by the company we keep. Were you Christian previous to keeping company with Lloyd? I've met atheists here who follow their inborn sense of morals and good character. You know Lloyd much better than I do. What moral compass does he follow?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    pr0ner: The whole thing is kind of a lesson in being patient.

I agree, though with Lloyd I think there are a couple of related issues that affected his response.

1. His desire to control the narrative. That meant villifying anyone who had leaked the info and anyone who might spread it, then giving his own version of events. The problem with this is...

2. ...he doesn't seem to think that his actions were wrong. So his livestream, which was meant to get control of the situation, instead made things worse because he freely admitted to cheating on his wife with prostitutes on a regular basis for years.

3. This was exacerbated by his arrogance. He made it clear that he felt it was no one's business what he did with his private life and with the funds donated to him, even though these were given to him by people who wanted to support his efforts in making exJW video content and not in support of his desire to buy sex from street workers. He seems to believe that he is doing his supporters a favor by making exJW videos, and he finds it incomprehensible that they would care about his personal life.

4. This was also made worse by his approach to criticism. And that means criticism of any kind- even if a supporter is trying to make a minor point, he sees it as an attack. And he only seems to know one way to respond: with full aggressiveness and no quarter given, until his target is crushed and humiliated. I don't think he was able to sit down and make a sober assessment of the situation, because destroying Kim was all he cared about.

I think it is to be expected that his sense of self-preservation did not fully kick in until he'd blown everything up. So he has been attempting damage control ever since. But, due to the above factors, he's doing this the way he does everything else-- aggressive, unrelenting, unapologetic. No surprise, then, that it's not going well.

• Vintage
    Vintage

So,... when Lloyd gets outted for who he really is and loses funding, those critics are taking money away from his children's haircuts and the huge exjw work that he does? But if he gets his donations back up again, then he's off again to hire prostitutes? Is there any way for us to know at what point poverty ends and spending on vice begins? Why doesn't Lloyd just tell us how much money he really needs for his family and his videos?

• Yooters
    Yooters

Vintage, that would just break the cycle of his grift.

He should, in all honesty, be transparent and have and itemized tally of his actual bookkeeping for his Patreon members. You know, something called accountability and disclosure?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    So his livestream, which was meant to get control of the situation, instead made things worse

TonusOH - Excellent post, I think you accurately summed up the last year for him.

Regarding the livestream, I found this comment which was a little off script for him in its honesty as to where his mind was at.

He does acknowledge it was a bad idea to go live like that, but he misses the point entirely. No words were misconstrued. Perhaps he means he didn't exactly say the words "I saw sex workers in Thailand" in the livestream, but in his "update" that he mentions he admits to seeing sex workers (plural) in Thailand. Thus, he completely obliterates that line of argument and immediately makes it worse on himself.

He's an extremely poor liar who by his clumsy attempts it appears has never really been called out for being one before. Not by his parents, his wife, and most exJWs up until that point. He's someone who thinks everyone should and will trust what he says as coming from a position of authority. Possibly a bit of that elder mentality he has held onto (sorry Tibor).

It's also worth noting that the pic of the Thai girl he was with had not been circulating at the time of the livestream which was probably why he omitted any direct reference to visiting sex workers there. When he released his "update" on 4 February, the pic was out, he knew he was caught and needed some explanation about meeting young women in Thailand. He gave a convoluted explanation which was not well thought out, and then only compounded further when he told Andrew Gold he was dating a sex worker.

The prudent thing to do as pr0ner had pointed out was to wait and see what information was out there and work out his response once he knew the extent of the damage. In his arrogance he thought he could mitigate all damage immediately and have the guns turned on Kim and others. This arrogance of his was the weak point in all this, and it cost him dearly. 405 patrons now and the month is half over. His begging bump have been mostly reversed. The information is out there, and people are reading about him and what he did. It's insanity to give this guy any money and though people may still watch his content, they'll think twice about hitting the Patreon button.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    As for Lloyd, he was trying to take the lead in something, even when the deceased was hardly known to him. Always policing the threads, making unsolicited comments about what Oopma would or would not have liked despite not knowing him.

Imagine if Lloyd had never left the UK. Had brown nosed his way into becoming a CO.....?!! kept the whole thing on the down low for another 25 years until he gets caught .... sniffing coke off a hookers ass in Bangkok by the UK's Branch office representative and The Daily Mirror... whose come to watch Cedars give a talk on "Godly marriages"

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Fake Lloyd seems to know something we don’t know…..

https://youtu.be/wK6KTa5-jck

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    his way into becoming a CO... sniffing coke off a hookers ass

Diongenesister , It that was the case, I could see Watchtower, "relocating" him to Warwick Bethel where he would be eventually be promoted to Governing Body Helper!
    Like they did with ,allegedly, Theodore Jaracz...

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

By the way, somebody wrote to me that ,allegedly. Mister Frugal while on a Break in Budapest stayed at the Marriott hotel which is a 5 star hotel . True or not Any Normal person who are struggling for Money, the first thing they do NOT DO , is go on Vacation for 1 or 2 week! Come on! Oh right. look who I'm talking about...

He had to open his big Pipe Hole again ,he will never learn ! Tell on a youtube video that he was on a Break

asked whether I wanted to join him and his family for a holiday on the Croatian coast, our rather precarious financial predicament left us with a dilemma. Do we play it safe and stay at home for the next few days to conserve funds, or do we throw caution to the wind by spending what little money we have on a trip to the coast for a holiday with virtual strangers? . We now had just enough money to buy some diapers for Jessica and put some fuel in the tank for the four-hour drive. We threw our things in the car, and off we went!
  • Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    sniffing coke off a hookers ass

Do you know how expensive that would be for him ? Have you ever seen his noose ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit