It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Do the atheists even want him at this point?

• Simon
    Simon

I think trying to make this about how much someone earns is a mistake.

Whether it's $10 or $100,000, what matters is the pretence that is used to fundraise and what the money is subsequently spent on. The hypocrisy is the thing to be critical of, claiming to campaign for CSA and then engaging in the kind of behavior that contributes to millions of CSA victims. Using a fake "family man" image and claims of having to give up time with wife and family, when in reality he's leaving them at home while he goes off for a private luxury vacation to cheat and womanize (let's assume "women").

• davesalad
    davesalad

I’m curious, has there been any backlash or commentary from any MSM or other productions in which LE was a guest or contributor?

• Simon
    Simon

I doubt any of them would be waving a flag saying "look, look, see how we gone and done messed up!". They will likely just silently distance themselves and not use him for anything in future.

And honestly, MSM interest in JWism is always minimal, as a curiosity piece. It's no-one's main focus IMO.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Hemorrhoid Evans just put out a new statement, and a VERY polished and rehearsed one at that. He's def hired a PR manager. (even says so)

I'll say this:

1. His whoring around is between him and his wife. For all we know, they may even have some sort of "open" marriage that allowed him to do this.

2. These allegations of him messing around with teens in the past, "Marko", etc are pretty sick. We here on the Net have ZERO evidence of this, merely "screen shots" that were "copy and pasted".

3. If those statements prove to be FALSE, I personally would NOT want to be Mike and Kim. Think he can't sic lawyers on you from afar? You're mistaken. Now, if ya got some REAL evidence to back up those claims beyond emails from some mysterious foreign figure? Better bring it to the table, cause it doesn't look like Lloyd's going anywhere.

Not taking up for Cedars, but for damn sure I could see WatchTower HQ pulling some Scientology-level blackflag maneuvers to trick the ex-JW community and pin activists against activists. We already know they are gloating and speaking about this up at WT HQ.

Watch your 6 everyone!

• Simon
    Simon

He'll soon be releasing his new book of press releases. They will form a novel.

The Redacted Apostate.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

3. If those statements prove to be FALSE, I personally would NOT want to be Mike and Kim. Think he can't sic lawyers on you from afar? You're mistaken. Now, if ya got some REAL evidence to back up those claims beyond emails from some mysterious foreign figure? Better bring it to the table, cause it doesn't look like Lloyd's going anywhere.

Libel and defamation will be hard to prove without Lloyd first finding and winning a lawsuit against "Marko." Sure Lloyd can take anybody to court if he wants, but without evidence that Kim and Mike know their 78 pages of dialog is falsified, the case would be dismissed.

• Simon
    Simon

Oh, it's a video? Bleh ... not wasting my time listening to him waffle on again!

Just scanned the comments. The 100% supportive adulation shows he's still unable to allow people to voice their opinion or accept criticism. Censor ... censor ... censor ... LOL

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Libel and defamation will be hard to prove without Lloyd first finding and winning a lawsuit against "Marko."

But if he is claiming that Marko doesn't exist, then I am assuming he would be suing K&M for defamation by claiming that they used this imaginary person as a vehicle for making defamatory statements. Kim and Mikey may have to prove that Marko is real and that he made the statements in question (and if they can do that, then Evans could conceivably proceed with action against Marko).

Mind you, if he wants to initiate legal action against them, there are likely to be a few hurdles. Such as filing suit in a jurisdiction halfway around the world, and having to decide if it's worth it for what may end up being a very small judgment. And the possibility of being deposed, or having his wife deposed. And the chance that he might lose. And so on. In the USA, filing a lawsuit is very easy. Winning... that's a bit more complicated.

• Cuthbert
    Cuthbert

Lloyd Evans: Its good to be back.. NOT 🤣

https://youtu.be/_PhH0hIsK2s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit