But I find it a bit sad people have left the JW's and come here in this thread that has 813 pages on a daily basis a year after the incident.
As Lloyd would opine, everyone has a foocked up situation and our foocked up situation is that new people are coming in left and right not knowing what the hell is happening and Lloyd still has a decent pull of gravity on You Tube and I'm not talking about his weight. Yes, it's been going on for over a year. Sad indeed. I don't like this any more than you do and wish he'd embark fulltime on his comedy routine in Zagreb, but I've managed to satirise it a bit to make it more palatable.
Indeed, he has lost some weight on the Kim Silvio diet, but he still has enough of a belly and chin to be affectionately known here as Jabba the Hutt. After all, he's still greedy, corrupt and is slimy. If an alien race of predators were to hunt down Lloyd and roast him on a spit for nourishment, I'd imagine he'd taste a lot like Cheetos and Mountain Dew. In fact, the alien anthropologists in the Zagreb sector would send his orange stained and battered keyboard to their home base for further blacklight analysis.
The problem as I have come to see it is Lloyd's ever-changing story and his continual moving of the goalposts. First there was an admission of sex workers in Thailand. Now he's going on the Jimmy Snow show and denying it outright. He does this intentionally to blur the record and confuse people enough so that they are more inclined to take the easy route and just consume his spoon-fed narrative. Also, he is a liar and should never be trusted.
So, he admitted it all last year and once he has a chance to gauge the damage and recognise the fact that his coordinated bully campaign backfired in a huge way, he then changes it all round to where he admitted nothing. I honestly feel he felt his goon squad would take care of any dissenters and he would normalise seeing sex workers whilst married like it was a petty vice like buying a pack of cigarettes. Problem is that he provided crucial pieces of info in several separate instances. It's like piecing together a case against a clumsy criminal who tried to escape and left a long trail of blood. If you take the livestream, the 4 February FB statement and the Andrew Gold video together, you will find that he paid for sex in both Thailand and Croatia, and that he did go to Thailand for reasons of sex. It wasn't his only reason, but as with a degenerate gambler who takes a last-minute trip to Vegas, you have to sort the facts out from the obvious fiction. He only changed his story after he realised people weren't buying his reasoning.
People keep showing up here and elsewhere wondering what the big fuss is. They are also referred here from other places on social media to this thread. Why? exJW Reddit has their own locked Lloyd threads, heavily moderated, dominated by Lloyd loyalists like it's Jonestown and only information admitted to by Lloyd is allowed in as evidence. The mods think it's alright to leave up "Glory to the Activist King Lloyd Evans" threads and at the same time refuse to accept Kim Silvio's ID. Per Lloyd's story it's all racism and he just wanted to go on a 3-hour tour to Thailand like he was travelling to Gilligan's Island. Case closed! Patreon pledge options are ready and open for business!
And there is the dreaded "litigation". Cue the horror music. Yes, Lloyd is allowed to periodically lose his shit online, threaten people with lawsuits and taunt them that they are now "criminal defendants" and 40 year-long vows of vengeance. He should really work on his Liam Neeson impression from "Taken" when he does that. Hmmm wonder which audience he's aiming that at? Exiting JWs who are hard coded to be gullible and believe what they are told, especially from perceived authority figures whom they are told just "woke them up"?
Seriously, consider what you need to believe if you are to swallow Lloyd's story as prepared. We do this all the time with JW doctrine, so let's do it with the Evans cult:
- Lloyd went to Thailand for tourism in his moment of existential crisis. Not sex. But he did date a sex worker where the only money exchanged was him buying her dinner. What a Don Juan he is!
- Spiteful JW Watch volunteers who acted out of jealousy and a desire to bring Lloyd down took conversations with Lloyd and his wife out of context and framed him for exploiting sex workers.
- Lloyd has visited prostitutes all over the world, including Croatia, but never Thailand. Nope. That's racist!
- Journalist Andrew Gold and others were misled by the machinations of Kim Silvio and perhaps even the Churches of Christendom too had a hand in it. False and misleading videos were placed on YouTube by this evil "yellow journalist" who was masterfully misled by this dastardly Aussie woman.
- Prominent exJWs and Lloyd collaborators like Mark O'Donnell and Javier Ortiz fell under the Satanic influence of this Demon from Down Under and decided that Lloyd's trip to Thailand, where he absolutely DID NOT pay for sex, was compromising and made him a liability.
- Everyone who disagrees with Lloyd about this issue has a JW Mindset. Tibor Cecelja said so. So did the other two people who wanted Lloyd to plug their work. Someone needs to get the urgent message to O'Donnell that Tibor thinks he is judgmental just like JWs were at the Kingdom Hall. Can someone tap Mark on the shoulder when he's reporting on the next JW CSA abuse case and tell him this? Thanks.
notsurewheretogo : I understand you are at the point where you need no further info and do not support Lloyd Evans. That is great and is the very purpose of the thread: Give people the correct information they need to adjudicate for themselves as Lloyd invited everyone to do and figure out the facts. People have come and gone on this thread. You've taken what you've needed from it and that's great. No charge. It's become the encyclopedia on Lloyd Evans and it's important to keep it open for people who are seeking this info and to ask questions. This might not be everyone's cup of tea and there will be times on this thread where you wonder what the hell you just heard.
We're here and open for business as there is quite literally no other forum that allows frank and open discussion about this matter.
And to my point of view, that is what is really sad.