It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Part deux . The Villa . So judging with his Youtube video. Jan.1 2021 that's where he first made the lives stream for the earthquake , the internet connection was bad ,but that's understanding , But he did that in the bunker . After the earthquake? which mean THE HOUSE WAS SAFE TO FILM IN IT. If my memory is right, I know he was winning how he was afraid of another earthquake .bla blab bla, So he took his family to another location ,But not the Villa yet. Maybe an hotel ?, he did a Youtube video also jan.1 2021 where he said he was in a ''Undisclosed location somewhere on the Croatian coast"...Seriously? what does he thinks he is ? A secret agent ,James Bond ,a spy ? So Jan 1 till the 10 he was there , then Jan 11 he was filming his first video in the Villa, again in an undisclosed location somewhere in Istria this time ... And he made Y,video there till February 26 ! Jan 24 he did a youtube Return to the bunker where he said he was going back to his house to check for crack. In the bunker only a few books in the glass bookcase fell , but that was it! the glass bookcase were not even shattered. he said there was No Crack on the ceiling, interesting he said that Tibor was the one that went back to the bunker to unplug the dehumidifier while they were in Istria,then while he was talking with the neighbor outside,he said he was glad the house had no crack . But he Rented the villa till again February 26 ! WHY? Oh right...Cause he could ,with the "generous donation"

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Wait, isn't most of the online toxicity from Lloyd himself?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

People who hire other people to protect them from the consequences of their actions are often the most toxic people around.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    But he Rented the villa till again February 26 ! WHY? Oh right...Cause he could ,with the "generous donation"

Here‘a Jabba the Hutt’s version of events:

When the 6.4 struck I was in my “bunker.” Everything began shaking violently so I ran outside in my socks without pausing to put on my shoes. From the garden I could see my house jolting violently as the ground moved beneath me – a very distressing experience especially when you know your wife and two children are inside!
    I ran to the steps to pick up Jessica as she emerged with her grandfather. At about the same time Dijana came down the stairs holding Julia as the tremors began to subside. We all stood outside stunned for a while before deciding to move over the road to an asphalt communal space – a safe distance from the buildings in case of aftershocks.
    We spent the next hour or so camped out in the car trying to assess the situation. A neighbor kindly made a makeshift repair to our chimney, part of which was left hanging precariously. A nearby house was less fortunate as a huge chunk of exterior wall collapsed completely.
    Gradually news came through that neighboring Petrinja had been decimated and Sisak severely damaged. We live equidistant to both. It’s stressful to make decisions with the adrenaline still pumping but I asked Dijana to pick a spot anywhere in Croatia where she thought we might be safer. She chose Istria, so I booked us an AirBnB and we drove the 180 km through heavy rain. (Incidentally they felt the quake here too but obviously not as violently.)

Bit of an odd passage, especially the part where he’s standing safely outside, yet relates how it was a “very distressing experience” to witness the house violently shaking with his wife and children in it. Shouldn’t he have run inside to grab then instead of waiting for the elderly in-law to bring the daughter out? But instead it’s a “distressing experience” for him watching the house shake.

So Dijana chose Istria as a safe place to flee to which also happened to be the site of their many holidays to the Croatian coast and is a tourist area. Whew, as long as they’re safe! I just want to make it known that if my chimney is ever damaged in an earthquake, I would feel a lot safer in the south of France.

He also enlisted Tony Ortega, a Scientology critic and journalist to help fund their escape from a damaged chimney:

FYI: Tony Ortega has 39.4K Twitter followers. By comparison, Lloyd has 12.8K followers, so he was finding from two sources: former JWs and Scientologists. He did quite well and paid for way more than the rented villa. He soon after started looking at homes in Istria, so do the math as to what would lead them to do that.

When he stated that he did not use Patreons funds in Thailand, it’s entirely possible. He might have just been misusing earthquake relief funds instead.

No mention of any neighbours he had helped with the excess money. In fact it was the neighbour who helped stabilize the chimney! Like everything else related to this grift, Lloyd simply pocketed what had to be in the tens of thousands worth of excess donations.

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    $500 ! ( mormon jesus )

Toblerone5

That's one of the reasons I would never end a day without reading one of your posts 😉

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    I would feel a lot safer in the south of France.

L.M.A.O.!

L.M.S.A Thank you for confirming the ''chimney'' story. I knew i didn't dream that, I'm maybe stupid but not crazy...yet.. Which bring me to this , guess who probably fix or even rebuilt that...could it be the J.W.? I would not be surprise.

Lloydevansparody I always love reading both your post ,on Twitter and on this forum... And like I said it was reading your post on page 779 that made me thing of that...so thank you too

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    I'm maybe stupid but not crazy...yet..

You are neither. Tu n'es ni 😉

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    He has won in the past through relentlessly restating his view and pushing his agenda until others simply give up in exhaustion. That’s clearly been his strategy again over the past year. Will it work this time?

His strategies have evolved over time. The livestream was his “go-to” solution for so long - Fight back immediately and hit them hard. He just had to respond to the Reddit post within the same day. And it had cost him dearly. He really did expect people to turn on Kim and shout her to the very fringes of the community. People he had counted on in the past to back him unconditionally started thinking for themselves.

As soon as he saw how badly it backfired and seeing that he lost 100 patrons almost overnight, he farmed it out to his goon squad whilst he hid behind the facade of someone supposedly contemplating suicide. That month of February into early March was brutal. His goons stalked the same people with the exact same talking points: “These are consenting adults! Seeing prostitutes is not a crime! And they are called “sex workers” you bigot! And it’s none of your business anyway!”. For the first time this failed. Even his reappearances to insult and intimidate people became instant ratios. The trolls became the trolled and even his goon squad started blocking people. He must have been on wit’s end trying to figure out why this had all changed for him and so quickly.

By April he knew he had a problem that wasn’t going to be solved by setting his goons loose on people. So he saw an opening with Andrew Gold and decided to take it. He was bringing this to the secular media and they were going to tell these former JWs they were being judgmental bigots. The exJWs had adjudicated him as guilty, so he wanted an outsider to tell us how wrong we were. That backfired so badly Gold made two of his own rebuttal videos within the week plus had gotten a forensic psychologist to diagnose him as a sociopathic narcissist.

In May he switched strategies yet again. He was not only going to sue but he was expecting a verdict soon. He said as much. This was a slam dunk case, and at worst he’d be getting default judgments. LeBron with a clear path the the rim. Right, Karlo? Karlo?

He took on the role of public prosecutor during the summer and this lasted all the way to when he went after Jake. He was vicious. Threatened lawsuits, called people criminals, picked fights on Twitter. But he became a caricature of himself. A pathetic buffoon who had completely lost the plot. And he was bleeding badly, no matter how much he tried to butter it up to his remaining supporters.

It was when his Patrons dropped below 50% that he realised what he was doing wasn’t working. He had to drop the act that he was doing alright and people for the most part were still supporting him. In December he created the YouTube memberships. Last month he started outright begging. This represents another change in strategy. It worked for him two weeks ago in giving his long hoped for bump, but at what cost? The end of month Patron drops are still continuing at round -20, and last month he had to really beg and threaten to quit in order to forestall the hemorrhaging.

At this rate he’s going to have to do this every month, and therein lies the risk. It’ll further expose him as the grifter he is if he keeps on saying he’ll shut down if he doesn’t get more financial support. From this point on it will only get more pathetic, especially when he hasn’t improved his content.

He’s really backed himself into a corner with this, and he’s already played the last decent card he had in the New Year.

• Vintage
    Vintage

I had an art teacher at community college who was a kind and decent man. He no longer belonged to any religion. But he told us a story of what happened back when he and his wife had belonged to a church. There was a married couple in the church who, due to some disaster, had lost everything financially. Using the church as their platform, they begged for help. My teacher and his wife both worked hard to earn their money, but out of compassion, they made a large donation to the church couple who had “lost everything”. (This was ‘way prior to gofundme.) The next week, the church couple went on stage to thank everyone. The donations had been overwhelming. In his effusiveness while thanking everyone, the husband said, “We are so grateful for your generosity. Why,.. we were afraid that we were going to have to dip into our savings.” My teacher could hardly believe his ears. He and his wife had given “from” their savings, and they had almost wiped out their savings by their donation to that couple. No wonder they quit churches.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I remember a middle-aged jw couple who were living and traveling in a nice rv, "sampling" the kh's to see if they wanted to settle down in this town or that. This was in the mid-1980s.

They bought a convenience store in our town, seemed to me fairly impulsively. The inventory included cigarettes, which they were selling along with everything. The elders came and told them they needed to quit selling cigarettes, and furthermore to that, they needed to be getting to the meetings! They were telling us they didn't know how they were going to attend meetings, as they didn't have anyone besides the two of them to run the store. So my husband and I and another couple volunteered to take turns minding the shop so they could get to meetings - for free, of course.

Steve and I hadn't been married long, we were not well-off and were living in a literal shack. We were getting by okay. We had no idea these people had paid cash for the store, or had $50,000 in the bank, as the woman let slip one day when she was talking to all of us - "...And can you imagine, all we have left in the bank is $50 thousand!"

I said, WOW, well I think you two will be okay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit