It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

And they didn't offer any wages or gift of money to the four of you who lovingly helped them get to meetings. It's as though having lots of money often causes the rich to shut off a part of their brain that governs "human kindness".

• Simon
    Simon

I remember when we were hit by the Manchester Earthquake, but we rebuilt without having to rely on anyone else.

Those were dark days.

So much destruction.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

LSMA:

He’s really backed himself into a corner with this, and he’s already played the last decent card he had in the New Year.

I don’t know who you are however you are clearly someone who knows Lloyd very very very well. You are 100% correct.

• Simon
    Simon

Here's how I respond to "oh noes, poor me, someone else pay for my misfortune".

Fuck off, you fucking free-loading layabout!.

I work, I save, I buy insurance, I act like an adult. I don't expect fundraisers or benefits because I don't need them because I plan, prepare and set aside funds to pay my way and support my family even if the unforeseen happens.

Seriously, there is way too much misguided charity that simply rewards grifters and opportunists - those who seem to spend most of their time filming advertorials about how much they need your help and your money, more time and energy then they spend working on solving their own problems.

Save your money for those who would truly benefit because their environment means they lack the resources to get ahead, who don't live in wealthy western countries, who don't have banking, who would benefit from a loan (and work to pay it back!)

https://www.kiva.org/

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    1. Activist definition: one who advocates or practices activism : a person who uses or supports strong actions (such as public protests) in support of or opposition to one side of a controversial issue
    2. Activism definition: a doctrine or practice that emphasizes direct vigorous action especially in support of or opposition to one side of a controversial issue
    3. Youtuber definition: a person who uploads, produces, or appears in videos on the video-sharing website YouTube.

It is my opinion that Lloyd is a Youtuber. Nothing wrong with YouTubers at all, I follow quite a few. They make money from ad revenue, have super chats and patrons.

Many YouTubers have fallen from favour because of scandals in their personal lives, and they don’t profess to be activists for anything. True activists have fallen for bring hypocrites.

Unfortunately for “worldly” YouTubers and Activists, they don’t have a trigger in their pockets that will generate a supportive response from their followers…. “you’re being a JW”.

It’s time the community got real and realised that Lloyd has attached himself to this term as people leaving the cult want “action”. They want the tower to fall, they want their loved ones to leave so they don’t feel the pain of shunning anymore.

The term Youtuber doesn’t generate the same “action” image that Activist does. He needs to be an “activist” to draw vulnerable people into his grift web.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    LMsA: He really did expect people to turn on Kim and shout her to the very fringes of the community.

I think that was closer to happening that it might seem now. Had he and his supporters managed to bury Kim, he would be rebuilding his Patreon as we speak. But I think it speaks to just how awful his actions were. And I mean the ones he admitted to. He cheated on his wife by paying women for sex, regularly, for years.

The bit about the earthquake was just another of those revealing moments. He feels the tremors and races outside, leaving behind his shoes... and also his family. And it did not occur to him how bad this would look!

This is what will keep haunting him. His brand was built around judging others, around pointing out their flaws and unmasking them in front of the world. And it turns out he's a self-centered pig with a closet full of skeletons. How many people happily held up a mirror when he tried to act smug over altworldly's confession video? His moment to shine, ruined by his own past.

He should get used to that.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone

I don't know if anyone seen this one or not. I found it on kiwifarms. It is a voicemail that he is giving advice to someone. Starting at 6:20 he says this:

"There comes a point when adults, grown adults, should be able to get by without handouts. Especially when their taking the decision to have children and they are setting themselves up as role models in a religious congregation."

Seems he can dish out advice on financial things, but he can't take his own advice. Does he not see the irony in this? Does he not see that he should be taking his own advice?

https://youtu.be/Ox7WqecZeyI

• Rhiannon
    Rhiannon
    Las Malvinas when you lay it all out like that it sounds like a Chapelle show "when keeping it real goes wrong" skit. 🤣
  • Vintage
    Vintage

Simon,

I'm so glad that you survived the Manchester Earthquake. I hope you didn't hurt your back when you were straightening up after the disaster. You can count your blessings that you'd mowed your grass before the disaster, and also that ...hmm... no leaves, let alone branches or twigs fell off of your trees.

• btlc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit