It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

Simon, You don't think Dijana would get child support or alimony?

• Simon
    Simon
    She would no doubt be awarded support but LE is definitely the kind of person to avoid paying it.

You know he'd try to start a gofundme or equivalent to have other people pay for his kids ...

Another reason for him to avoid the divorce altogether and it probably was the main reason why - he was about to get stuck with a good amount of child support/alimony for a housewife with two young children

Also a reason for him not to pursue things in court. Think about it - he'd have to argue he's lost a lot, and the more he touts his loss of income the more income he'd owe in future potential alimony.

He has zero forward thinking ability. His tall tales contradict claims he makes, sometimes within hours.

• Simon
    Simon
    You don't think Dijana would get child support or alimony?

I think the combination of crappy country (oh noes, dd I just criminally insult the crap hole of Croatia?) combined with his ability to move back to the UK plus his "vague" system of earning money would make it difficult to ensure payment.

Not that she wouldn't get a judgement that he should pay.

When this case fails, he deserves all the shit he's going to get.

I think I posted way, way back that he hasn't thought this through (but then it's not in his nature, he's completely reactionary). He's made a huge deal out of all this and if it them comes to nothing and he doesn't see his threats through, what does that say about the claims and accusations against him? Claims he said were totally untrue and easy for him to prove in court?

Credible claims about a pattern of behavior, unchallenged.

It's gonna be open-season on him. He just doesn't realize it yet.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    but is it the same in Croatian law?

Well that’s an interesting question. It is different yes, as in the “perpetrator” has to convince the court that the true facts were made for legitimate reason. Lloyd must inform the court of exactly what isn’t true and why they aren’t true.

Article 6 of the ECHR states that:

It is a human right of the EU that anyone accused of a criminal offense is innocent until proven guilty. Croatia cannot therefore place the burden of proof entirely upon a “defendant” to prove they aren’t guilty.

I thought I’d throw this in also:

“Aliens” = M7

Question for each to work out for themselves:

Is the act of “criminal defamation” a “criminal offence” at the locations of where the M7 committed the “crimes”?

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    In international law the term criminal proceedings is mostly avoided because what is a 'crime' in a country may not be the same in another one. When Lloyd's 'Legal Department' 😉 trumpets about criminal proceeding here and there he reminds me the banners JW org added for the Norwegian case.
  • pr0ner
    pr0ner
    I said from the start that Lloyd’s legal team likely told him this would go nowhere but it was something he could do. I have no ill will towards them. They saw an easy legal way to make some cash and again I’m 100% sure they told Lloyd it would go nowhere.
    All Lloyd wants to do is run out the clock. Keep it in the system long enough that people forget about it and it looks like a victory.
    I did a deep dive into the Croatian law and there’s many factors why it’s a stupid case. Any court case would have to take place where the M7 lives. For instance I live in the Netherlands but am an American citizen. First a judge here would have to rule if the Netherlands would even have jurisdiction to hold the case.
    The thing about criminal cases is that the prosecution only goes after cases that are slam dunks or are a weak case but there is public pressure to pursue. Like it’s laughable to think any public prosecutor would look at this case and think it’s worth pursuing.
    Oh this doesn’t even take into account the laws around libel etc.. give even more protection to the defendants if what’s being discussed is “newsworthy” or the person being talked about is a public figure.
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    You know he'd try to start a gofundme or equivalent to have other people pay for his kids

Yes and it would be layered so much in Lloydspeak you’d have to read between the lines to know what it was really for. Something along the lines of how the “defamation” has made it impossible to purchase school clothes, pre-school tuition, birthday gifts, sweets, etc, he’s working hard with bringing WT down and his kids shouldn’t be made to suffer…

combined with his ability to move back to the UK plus his "vague" system of earning money would make it difficult to ensure payment.

If he gets nailed with child support/alimony, fleeing the country is definitely an option for him. Wait, I seem to remember him doing that before to avoid paying debts and to escape something else…

His wife is easily manipulated to take pity upon him. I can see her being guilted into accepting a lot less in support in an unofficial “divorce” arrangement just to keep him in the country so the girls have a father.

All Lloyd wants to do is run out the clock. Keep it in the system long enough that people forget about it and it looks like a victory.

It’s all about appearances to him. He’s getting off on calling the M7 defendants and uses that term and “criminally prosecuted” as a way to slander them and scare off critics at the same time. He’s deluded enough to think a conviction is likely, but failing that, I agree that having that case open for some time also works in his favour. But he’s going to really look like a fool when all this comes to naught. He’s thrown all his eggs in one basket and has no plan B other than getting his sought after conviction.

He obviously thought his case regardless of its merits would rally support to his side and he could be forgiven for thinking that way. It had always worked before. But I know for a fact that several supporters of his took issue with his lawsuit and left. There are even a few current supporters I could name who are/were open about how it was a bad idea. It’s going to go down as his second biggest blunder right between the livestream and the Andrew Gold interview.

• Yooters
    Yooters

I’d be interesting to see a YT channel called Waking Up From Lloyd Evans channel. Showing comparisons to WT and exposing all his grift from newly EX JDubs. Or even a condensed version like his Sushi videos.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Yooters
    I’d be interesting to see a YT channel called Waking Up From Lloyd Evans channel.

I would definitely watch that ! Here’s one similar from the archives 👍

https://youtu.be/MbRWzxqAL8Y

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    Is the act of “criminal defamation” a “criminal offence” at the locations of where the M7 committed the “crimes”?

First you would have to prove that it is defamation in the first place.

What Is Defamation? Defamation is a false statement presented as a fact that causes injury or damage to the character of the person it is about. An example is “Tom Smith stole money from his employer.” If this is untrue and if making the statement damages Tom's reputation or ability to work, it is defamation.

First an accuser would have to prove that the statement or statements are "false statement(s)" before anything can be labeled as "criminal". This shuts down his case before it can even leave the ground. Nothing that I have seen that the M7 has posted is false. Can anyone provide any examples that can be construed as a false statement that any of the M7 has posted that Lloyd may be referring too here? Is there anything that the M7 has stated that could be considered a grey area in this regard?

Share this

Google+
      Pinterest
      Reddit