It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

For the record I will say this again. Lloyd is claiming that he has commenced criminal proceedings against the M7. There is sufficient evidence to demonstrate that he has petitioned the court for the commencement HOWEVER until anyone is formally and legally served with a summons (or equivalent), no one is a defendant. There is currently nothing to defend.

Regarding the burden of proof - in a criminal proceeding it is not the defendant’s responsibility to prove innocence, it is the prosecutions responsibility to prove the crime. Imagine any court system in the world where a prosecutor can say “ you murdered x” and forcing the defendant to prove a negative….I’m not saying anyone murdered anyone just to be clear - what I am saying that both “crimes” are within the “criminal” designation and therefore have the same burden of proof. The responsibility is with Lloyd to prove his case. I would have thought that if his case was so certain, we would either have been served or he would have plastered the evidence across the internet.

Finally, Lloyd cannot get a conviction in any country - including Croatia - without the M7 knowing. The court will require evidence that each party is aware of the proceeding prior to hearing the case, whether the M7 are represented or not.

So here is something yo add to your defamation complaints Lloyd:

You are a pig of a man, you have damaged the activism movement and you are a shameless grifter who should be ashamed of himself.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    There is sufficient evidence to demonstrate that he has petitioned the court for the commencement HOWEVER until anyone is formally and legally served with a summons (or equivalent), no one is a defendant. There is currently nothing to defend.

This is essentially the same as making a police report, right? Croatian law allows a citizen to make this complaint directly to the court instead of the police. The court then makes a determination whether or not a crime occurred with evidence which makes it worth prosecuting, like the police normally do.

Lloyd going on about “defendants” is akin to your neighbour calling you a defendant because your dog shit on his lawn and he called the police and insisted on “pressing charges”. It’s a civil case not a criminal one and not even a good one at that.

Suppose this even went to the “commencement” phase. I know it won’t but let’s imagine it did. I’m sure the relevant embassies (US/UK/Aus) would be VERY interested that a municipal court in Sisak is criminally charging their nationals under Croatian law for “offences” that allegedly occurred under US/UK/Aus jurisdiction. I would imagine they’d take this up with their counterparts in the Croatian Foreign Ministry and wonder how a municipal court in Sisak has this kind of power.

This case is so weak and insane that I’d imagine the Croatian government would take measures to shut this case down and have it dismissed should a judge be foolish enough to serve parties overseas.

I believe there is a solid reason why Karlo Novosel’s office refused to answer emails and return phone calls and this is the reason.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Poor Novosel office. They are probably a laughing stock in some circles.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    This case is so weak and insane that I’d imagine the Croatian government would take measures to shut this case down and have it dismissed should a judge be foolish enough to serve parties overseas.

I am informed that the Croatian court has already refused once to issue subpoenas for this court case, however I’ve not been informed formally. I wonder how many years he is going to spin this bullshit…..kinda reminds me of WT and their “Armageddon” fantasy.

Croatian law allows a citizen to make this complaint directly to the court instead of the police. The court then makes a determination whether or not a crime occurred with evidence which makes it worth prosecuting, like the police normally do.
    This is my understanding yes. Again, I’ve been informally advised that the court have yet to be convinced that there is a case to answer.
    What he is doing is a disgrace really.
  • KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Poor Novosel office.

I don’t think they realised what kind of client they had. I understand that they are no longer representing him however again, I haven’t received form as l notification.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Maybe they only cared that he was a paying client. If they offered to work pro bono, then they deserve to get laughed at.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    You don't think Dijana would get child support or alimony?

It really would depend on Croatian law. I do not even know if Croatian law has child support or alimony, and I can't be arsed to look it up.

When this case fails, he deserves all the shit he's going to get.

I can't wait to see that shitstorm it's going to be glorious! I'm about to die from excitement waiting for this to happen!

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    what I am saying that both “crimes” are within the “criminal” designation and therefore have the same burden of proof...The responsibility is with Lloyd to prove his case

I know it is this way in US law and it is maybe this way in AU law (you would know), but is it the same in Croatian law?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

She would no doubt be awarded support but LE is definitely the kind of person to avoid paying it. He resented paying for his own daughter’s haircut for goodness sake. He thinks other people are obligated to pay for him and his family. He even said he contemplated writing to individual who cancelled their Patreon to explain to them that they were wrong to do so. There is no way he’s going to hand over any money to his wife or for his kids if he can possibly get away with it.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    What he is doing is a disgrace really.

He’s abusing the legal system and making a mockery of it. All to fuel his ego and exact a measure of revenge. As a lawyer you are held to a high ethical standard and this kind of chicanery has to rankle you immensely. He really has no idea what he is talking about and is telling straight up lies and misdirection when rambling on about the legal issues in his case.

I don’t think they realised what kind of client they had. I understand that they are no longer representing him

I think you are right. Novosel hasn’t made a submission since last summer. It’s been JLE ever since. My feeling is they knew this was likely to fail for the reasons discussed above but at his insistence they filed the case anyway. As soon as the court denied the subpoena, as professionals they felt they had to withdraw since he was dead set on continuing the case and winning.

There is no way he’s going to hand over any money to his wife or for his kids if he can possibly get away with

Another reason for him to avoid the divorce altogether and it probably was the main reason why - he was about to get stuck with a good amount of child support/alimony for a housewife with two young children. Probably over a third of his income, not to mention giving her half of what he has in savings. So the “separation” works for him in that he can unilaterally set the amount himself and can lower it at his will, claiming financial difficulties related to the Patron drop. I reckon he pays enough for groceries, utilities and a small pittance of an allowance for his wife. Also he conceivably uses the fact she lives at her parents against paying her more. It goes back and forth. When he feels she’s slipping away towards a formal divorce he comes back and shames her about it, talking about taking his life and how he’d miss the girls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit