It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    LMsA As for the London trip, I think it is possible that he’s seeing lawyers to initiate civil proceedings. It is my understanding that British law makes suing someone for defamation and libel a lot easier than in other countries. I believe there are at least two parties he can use this against based on their residency - Marc and Cora Latham and JW Beliefs Discussed

I was thinking this but I didn't want to say anything publicly in case it gave Lloyd ideas! However for JWBD, as we've said before, truth is the best defence. He hasn't mentioned anything Cedars didn't confirm and has gone out of his way to shut down anything connected with the Marco rumours. Cora has said nothing as far as I know. Mark has responded to Lloyds legal threats and possibly made a video responding to Lloyds livestream. I don't think Lloyd has a leg to stand on when it comes to any of that.

Now where he may have some legal recourse is when it comes to the supposed "Marco" sexting messages.

Marc Latham made a short video of himself reporting the so-called 2017 "Marco" sexting messages to the police, due to the claim that the other party was a minor. As far as I know those messages were originally nothing to do with Marc Latham. The only reason he reported them, is that he is resident in the UK where the alleged incident took place.

Aside from truth, another strong defence to defamation is "opinion".

As long as Marc believes those messages were Lloyds (his "opinion"), that Marc himself is not the author of these messages and as long as he is not aware they are fake and has therefore maliciously reported them, he is protected in law. As far as I can tell (I'm no expert!) Marc's friend Kim Brookes passed him what she claimed was proof of a criminal act. As long as he did so in good faith, it's not unreasonable for Marc to report it. Whether he should have done so publicly is another matter but I still don't believe it's defamation given the circumstances.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

As far as I am aware defamation is falsely ruining ones reputation by claiming.false accusations. Everything that has been said can be traced back to Lloyd himself. There's nothing anyone has said that can be proven to be untrue.

Besides, if Lloyd does happen to go down the path of hiring a lawyer in the UK I'm sure a class action lawsuit can be arranged as a counter to his pathetic attempt.

--Edit---

Something else that has just popped into my mind. Wouldn't legal proceedings expose everything he's been up to. Like what he does with his Patrion donations and things like this. Would he want that type of exposure for the whole (exJW) world to see?

• Listener
    Listener

Is it possible that he's gone back to England for the month to look at relocating there? It's hard to imagine that he would move so far from his children but with Lloyd Evans, it's all about Lloyd Evans.

• Simon
    Simon
    As long as he did so in good faith, it's not unreasonable for Marc to report it.

No court is going to set the legal precedent that reporting a potential serious crime in good faith ends up costing the person who does so. It would be chilling and extreme and attract all manner of criticism from the wider community.

If anyone, ever, comes across anything that may be evidence of child abuse their duty is to report it to the authorities.

And the irony, if Lloyd takes someone to court for doing just that when supposedly being an advocate that it be what members of the WTS should be obliged do.

I believe in any court case he could be forced to reveal details of his JC and what he covered up / claimed to have over the WTS and there is reasonably suspicion that it may be relevant and related.

• Simon
    Simon
    Wouldn't legal proceedings expose everything he's been up to. Like what he does with his Patrion donations and things like this. Would he want that type of exposure for the whole (exJW) world to see?

Yes, he'd have to try to show he suffered financially which means he'd have to reveal where his money came from and what he spent it on.

All on public record, forever and ever.

• Simon
    Simon
    Is it possible that he's gone back to England for the month to look at relocating there? It's hard to imagine that he would move so far from his children but with Lloyd Evans, it's all about Lloyd Evans.

I doubt he'd be going to London for that, it would be prohibitively expensive. If he was visiting less expensive areas of the country to live, maybe.

But yes, if he had to make his own way in the world I doubt he'd have many employment opportunities in Croatia, certainly not jobs he'd want to do for the money compared to UK rates.

Getting a real job is going to be the last resort though, he'll be keen to try to resurrect his gravy-train setup and keep that going.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Wouldn't legal proceedings expose everything he's been up to.

Potentially, yes. It would also expose him to cross examination (or a deposition, if he returns to Croatia). His 'woe-is-me' video could be subpoenaed as evidence and shown to a jury. He might be surprised to find how easy it can be to depose people in the age of Zoom calls. He'd better pray his phone records (including chat logs/photos) aren't subpoenaed, or that his team can fight off any attempt to get them.

It's hard to imagine that he would move so far from his children

Sadly, I don't find it that hard to imagine.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You guys are jumping to conclusions. Cedars probably went back to London because due to dwindling funds/donations with which to live off of, he now has to retrieve his window washing and chimney sweep equipment so he can start up in Croatia.

• JWBeliefsDiscussed
  • NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Lloyd claims to have brought criminal charges against 7 people in Croatia about 1 month ago. What happened to that? I still don't know how a foreign resident can bring criminal charges, but whatever. Is anybody now WANTED in Croatia for repeating what Lloyd Evans has said?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit